Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
falconfemme
Dani

Default Paypal car sale scams

Was wondering how many our there have been subject to, or, worse successfully scammed by these weird emails ?
I'm selling my falcon and have it listed online and have had a few email responses from people claiming they are overseas and want to buy the car now, via paypal.
NO questions asked about the car or anything lol.
Here's an example

Hello,>> Thanks for the swift reply, What is your asking price and i want you>> to get back to me with more pictures because i am not available at the>> moment, i am in Malaysia and i will be using the car here in Malaysia.>> I will be handling the pick up of this merchandise through a>> legitimate shipping agent that has their headquarter situated in>> Malaysia . Please note that i will not be needing the vehicle>> registration because it will be invalid over here so please remove the>> registration. The car will be picked up after you receive the full>> payment, so i really need to know the mode of payment because i need>> this car urgently. Hope to read from you asap.>>>> Kelly.

Thanks a lot. I have read everything about the car on the website andeverything is okay by me.I have actually tried to get this kind of car here earlier from here but mostof the ones I got either have one huge mechanical fault or the otherand some have even had accidents in the past while some are extremelyexorbitant.As to the price, Price is Ok. So if you deemthe offer good enough, I will be very glad to make the payment asapthrough my PayPal account as I am currently offshore and I won'tdefinitely be able tomake it to my bank to make bank wires across to you.As to shipping, I have a private shipping agent here in Malaysia that willcome for the pick-up of the merchandise after the payment has been sentand you have received it in full.Do get back to me asap with your PayPal Email address and Full name sothat I can remit the payment asap. Kelly.

sorry for the long post

Old 15-10-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
max
LWBforME

I would make some enquiries through your local branch of ACCC or Office of Business and Consumer Affairs.
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #3
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This has been disscused before, no need to another thread about it

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2010, 01:41 PM   #4
3vXT

Tell them you'll give them the car for $7 if they turn up in person. Then just hit them in the head with a brick if they do.

Don't do this.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #5
falconfemme
Dani

hahaha nice one. can't believe how common this is. I just got a different one already !
Old 15-10-2010, 04:28 PM   #6
falconfemme
Dani

Had to post the next email I recieved. Note the name at the bottom isnt even the same as it was in previous messages.

I want you to know that i can only use paypal as my mode of paymentdue to the facts that i have explained you in my previous message. Iwant you to try and register an account with paypal as its very simpleand easy and i promise you that you would not regret using thereservice because i have been using there service for the past 6 yearsnow for so many transactions via the internet and i have not regretusing it for once. I want you to logon to www.paypal.com and click onthe sign up button, then you register your details there and you willsee its free and fast and as soon as you are done with that, then getback to me with your paypal email and i will proceed with the paymentimmediately. Angel.
Old 15-10-2010, 06:02 PM   #7
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Hey mate,

I had the same guy with the same text!!!!! Kelly with his jibbering crap!
I actually got hit 3 times in 2 mths. once with the Mrs car and twice with my motor cycle. By the last one I was well aware of what was going on here so I replied a detailed email about things Id like to do with his Mrs..... Just to poo stir

I actually rang carsales.com and they asked for the email address and what not to black list them but according to them they've got there IT ppl on this trying to set up a safer site.
Windsor342ci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #8
Linkachu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My brother put his car up on carsales.com and had 3 e-mails pretty much saying the same thing from different accounts.

He asked me if this was legit and if he should follow through with it, I just told him it's a scam and not worth it.
Linkachu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #9
falconfemme
Dani

Lol its so stupid. And how he's going " I want you to set up paypal " ? WTF lol i want you to **** off !
Old 15-10-2010, 07:10 PM   #10
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Seems your not the only one. I just read this in the owners description of a car there...

"...Due to recent frauds and scams we are not accepting text messages so please call and no we will not ship to someone on an oil rig in south east asia......."
Old 16-10-2010, 09:05 AM   #11
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfemme
Had to post the next email I recieved. Note the name at the bottom isnt even the same as it was in previous messages.

I want you to know that i can only use paypal as my mode of paymentdue to the facts that i have explained you in my previous message. Iwant you to try and register an account with paypal as its very simpleand easy and i promise you that you would not regret using thereservice because i have been using there service for the past 6 yearsnow for so many transactions via the internet and i have not regretusing it for once. I want you to logon to www.paypal.com and click onthe sign up button, then you register your details there and you willsee its free and fast and as soon as you are done with that, then getback to me with your paypal email and i will proceed with the paymentimmediately. Angel.
Sorry, but I feel the need to translate this. Here goes;

I'd like you to know that I only use paypal as other methods are harder to scam. Western Union has such a bad name now that I'm aware it makes you nervous. I haven't explained this to you, and I'm hoping that you'll be dumb enough to look past the fact I haven't explained anything. If you do fall for this and do use Paypal, I'd like you to know that I won't regret it (although you might). I've been scamming with Paypal for the last 6 years and I haven't regretted using it once; it's just that easy. In fact, it's been so successful that I now have two familes; one in Ghana and the other in London. Please, please be gullible enough for me and register with Paypal so that we can get this scam out of the way before Christmas. It's not that religious thing for me though, it's just that my London family comprises of 8 kids and a wife who all expect presents from me.

Any way I digress. So, once you have set up your account, be sure to put all of your lifes assets in there. Email me once you've done this and forward the Paypal email with all of the account details contained within it. I'll then be able to swiftly empty this account and I'll then leave you with anger, regret and a sense of feeling stupid. Don't worry though, I'll be investing my new ill-gotten gains in training for how to work on an oil platform in the north sea, how to get King Aakluiojiwnjannjabhjrewhjqw's oil fortunes out of Pulyourkokistan, how to set up missions for Reverend Brown in Ghana; or how to send cars on reputable international carriers such as:
*Fedox
*TMT
*DHI
*UPC
*Atlus Air Cargo

You have a nice day now, but don't forget to send me your details on Paypal including account and PIN number. Do it soon please, as someone just ran over my donkey and the driver of the truck, a mr Beeple-bopple-boogle, has asked that I pay for the damage. Angle (as in working an....)

Quote: