Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default More mindless antics

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...09/3109156.htm

Bottle hurled through ambulance windscreen

Updated 48 minutes ago

* Map: Merrylands 2160

Two Sydney paramedics were showered with glass but managed to escape injury after a bottle was thrown through the windscreen of their van.

The ambulance service says the paramedics had sirens on as they were travelling to treat a patient in Sydney's west when the incident occurred on the M4 overnight.

The ambulance driver, paramedic Rebecca Bridge, calmly wrestled control of the vehicle, avoiding crashing into nearby cars and a wall.

"We heard a very loud bang, what sounded like an explosion," her colleague, paramedic Peter Van Praag, said.

"Then the window smashed and we were covered in shards of glass.

"I've never experienced anything like it. I can't believe someone would throw something at a vehicle, let alone an ambulance with its lights and sirens on."

Ambulance spokeswoman, Louise Watman, says the paramedics are recovering at home.

"Both paramedics are really lucky not to be injured. They're really upset that the incident occurred," she said.

"They're quite distressed that someone could do that to them."

Police believe the bottle was thrown from the Burnett Street overpass as the ambulance travelled east on the M4 at Merrylands and have launched an investigation.

The ambulance was forced out of use while undergoing repairs.

Anyone with information about the incident should contact police by calling CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000.

- ABC/AAP

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #2
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope oneday when these clowns need an ambulance, that it never comes and they live to regret it.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
EF
Formerly gt.4.me

who dose these things ? some people have too many screws lost to throw things at cars and ambulances wtf ! some people need towake up to there selfs and try to get the message through there thick head that doing these things hurt people and is not funny ! its a disgrace. its not something Australians do these people are scum!
EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

It makes me sick to my stomach reading that article.

What kind of person hurls an object at an ambulance responding to an emergency? Absolute scum of the earth who deserve to be tied to a pole and whipped to death!
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #5
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I hope oneday when these clowns need an ambulance, that it never comes and they live to regret it.
Agreed Bucky

that has to be one of the worst things i have heard of regarding this sort of act

i truly hope that the person/people that the ambo's were attempting to get to were o/k

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2011, 07:50 PM   #6
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

ambulance, private cars etc... Me! I average 1 every 3 months throwing siht through my cab windows and it doesn't make the media

We carry 4 important(re:- everyone) people plus the driver home from a night out/work commitments or lack of transport and due to diligence, ability & luck no one gets hurt bar my wallet and we don't make the papers.......

it is alot more common than you think.....

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #7
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

The F@#$ is wrong with people, string em up and let em rot in the sun!!

People like this don't deserve air!!