Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-01-2011, 01:06 AM   #1
Envi XR8
I love my beast too!

Default Wreckers with mid 70s X series stock

Hi all,

Going back to my spare parts days, I had a contact number for a wrecker based in Emerald in Qld called Automotive Heaven, or something like that, that had good stocks of early X series parts.

Does anyone in that vast area of mid north coast of QLD know of this yard? or have a contact number for it? Google, white pages etc has yielded nothing that I can recognise as the business I am after.

Also, there used to be a restoration business that had a website and was based on the north side of Brisbane. They were primarily a Ford based business, doing restos and parts. They showed projects on their website, with progress shots etc.

Does anyone know tha name of this company? I believe they were in Mitchelton possibly.

Sorrry for being vague. I am chasing any wrecker that has good stocks of XBs in particular.

Please feel free to make suggestions. I am chasing some parts for my project car. I am in Brisbane and would prefer local, but I am happy to look further, if I can get the bits I need. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Chris

Envi XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2011, 02:04 AM   #2
old_mate
Smash the Boost

was it Early Fords the panel and restoration shop you were thinking of? They no longer exist :(

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2011, 02:20 AM   #3
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Automotive Heaven closed thier doors a few years back, but have recently reopened at the same location under the name Resurrection Wrecking, different owners but the same guy behind the counter, contact number is the same too.

Sadly, all the stock from back in the day has gone, mostly 90's vintage stuff there atm, not too sure what got damaged in the flooding but the entire yard was underwater, office had a foot or so in there too.

What 70's X-series parts are you after? Let me know what you're after and i might be able to find some bits.....
Old 24-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

X series parts i chase up threw this forum
Failing that try the Ford Wreckers in Redcleffe (QLD)
They have some X series
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #5
u2canb12
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising cruises and keeping the events in the spirit of the forums 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC
X series parts i chase up threw this forum
Failing that try the Ford Wreckers in Redcleffe (QLD)
They have some X series
I was only out out at the Redcliffe Ford Wreckers the other day and they have still got alot early Fords parked up in their yard. Give them a call

13 Robson Street
Clontarf QLD 4019
(07) 3883 1950

Garry
u2canb12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2011, 10:47 AM   #6
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2canb12
I was only out out at the Redcliffe Ford Wreckers the other day and they have still got alot early Fords parked up in their yard. Give them a call

13 Robson Street
Clontarf QLD 4019
(07) 3883 1950

Garry
Thumbs up for this yard

Used them last week and sent me a part to Melbourne promptly for only $12 postage

Highly recommend

Links

mmmmm pics of wrecks!

http://www.fordwreckersqld.com.au/ford-parts/8

http://www.fordwreckersqld.com.au/contact.php
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #7
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Then there's...
http://www.rarespares.net.au/PriceLi...1969-72&car=2D
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #8
Envi XR8
I love my beast too!

thanks guys for the replies.

I will give Redcliffe a call.

cheers
Envi XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #9
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Off topic but still an interesting story where there was a well known old Ford wreckers in Newcastle that leased a shed made of asbestos. They had everything!! Unfortunately for them, the owner of the building, not wanting to be liable for any asbestos related liabilities, terminated the lease and when the move out date passed, the owner brought in the removalists. Basically everything went to the skip bins. I saw immaculate XT doors go, a NOS XA GT grille and bonnet go, countless old clevo motors and gearboxes and all those miscellaneous small bits that are damn hard to find. The poor bloke who ran the wrecking business would've cried that day poor bugger.

That wreckers alone would've pretty much satisfied the entire northern part of NSW for old Ford parts.

Sorry for going off topic....
Old 26-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #10
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2canb12

13 Robson Street
Clontarf QLD 4019
(07) 3883 1950

Garry
These fellas are fantastic, saviours even. Anything you need from basically XP to AU. But like any wrecker, expect to pay through the nose for SOME items.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2011, 11:18 PM   #11
xbcool
dazed&confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by banarcus
Off topic but still an interesting story where there was a well known old Ford wreckers in Newcastle that leased a shed made of asbestos. They had everything!! Unfortunately for them, the owner of the building, not wanting to be liable for any asbestos related liabilities, terminated the lease and when the move out date passed, the owner brought in the removalists. Basically everything went to the skip bins. I saw immaculate XT doors go, a NOS XA GT grille and bonnet go, countless old clevo motors and gearboxes and all those miscellaneous small bits that are damn hard to find. The poor bloke who ran the wrecking business would've cried that day poor bugger.

That wreckers alone would've pretty much satisfied the entire northern part of NSW for old Ford parts.

Sorry for going off topic....

MAD SPARES at Lambton,
yep I believe they lost a fair bit but also saved a lot.
bit hard to get your car parts when the owner of the building locked them out.

and buying from these guys was hard cause any good bits was for thier own cars

beauty is only skin deep.
ugly goes all the way to the bone.
xbcool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #12
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Too true xbcool. Shame all the same though.