Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 22-02-2011, 01:28 AM   #31
Bobman
Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
Please, I've seen a kid or two buy an older EF of EL XR6, pop the bonnet in joy and proceed to point out " the turbo " in the exact same fashion as this young cop did.
A little different to someone who can cause you grief and cost you a pretty penny. Same as being accused of using a mobile phone or other things. Your word against theirs (even if you are completely innocent).

All members in Victoria should at least be given a brief tour of cars at Dawson Street when they go there to change vans over etc considering how many HWP XR6Ts are coming on the road these days and sitting out the back there.

A little education never hurts.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Old 22-02-2011, 01:30 AM   #32
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

When I first bought my AU my mate thought the manifold was a turbo and told me I was a fool to buy a turbo car on my P's... I led him on for a while until it got old :P

Guess at the end of the day geckoGT has nailed it, the system worked
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
Old 22-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #33
50YEAR

If the only duties a police officer had was to defect vehicles I would expect them to be experts in the field. In reality, it is one small duty in a very stressful and thankless job.
Old 22-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #34
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50YEAR
If the only duties a police officer had was to defect vehicles I would expect them to be experts in the field. In reality, it is one small duty in a very stressful and thankless job.
best post ive seen....

At 27, I personally Cant wait to get into the academy... Unfortuanately for the smartarses here, i guess ill know what im looking at, and definately defect you.. is that better?

Some times you get away with what your shouldnt, other times the officer makes a mistake. Youll GENERALLY find a lot of leaniency from a divvy van in regards to defects and EPA.
Old 22-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #35
Dave3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman
Same as being accused of using a mobile phone or other things. Your word against theirs (even if you are completely innocent).
How exactly is that the same thing??
Old 24-02-2011, 02:08 PM   #36
Ringo
I see you....

In Vic they only have to 'suspect' that the vehicle modded or un roadworthy to make an issue of it...

HWP guys usually know their stuff a little more and some are just freaks. The HWP Officer that had it in my my brother-in-law (aka the self proclaimed Holden loving drift king of Frankston) knew that 17" rims on a VN were illegal and nabbed him for it on sight.

Said HWP Officer actually said to him one night that he was on his 'list' and that they would keep and eye out for him and pull him over every time they saw him. He got pulled over a bunch of times and done for various minor things until he had no points left and thus no license. Mission accomplished I guess - one less hoon on the road.
Old 24-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #37
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIPURSUIT
At 27, I personally Cant wait to get into the academy... Unfortuanately for the smartarses here, i guess ill know what im looking at, and definately defect you.. is that better?
Awesome atitude
Old 25-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #38
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
I do believe this thread will just become another cop bashing thread though.
That seems to be your defensive comment for any form crap policing.

If the guy has less idea of what is going on under a bonnet than my girlfriend, then he has no business policing what is under it.

This is a serious problem, Yes he had another officer with him who set him straight, but the issue is you have a sworn officer who is willing to lodge an offence when he knows that he has no understanding of the subject.

Either training is not up to scratch, or the guy should not have been let loose on the public, you tell me which one, there are no other options.

Old 25-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #39
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Nothing is going to be solved here and very little if advice given on the OP on the 1st post.
Have an issue? you could contact the ombudsman in your State.

Closed

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Closed Thread