Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #31
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Default Re: premium sound e series vs b series

Not being able to totally ditch the factory headunit/ICC setup is one of my pet hates about the B and F series cars.

Not only does it look a bit ugly and odd having a second headunit in the dash because you cant remove the stock unit, but the whole (B Series only as Iv not had an FG) Premium ICC setup is so primitive unless you put in a Carputer thing into it or do one of those ASL setups with the DVD player etc..

One of the many things that won me on the AU was the option to totally remove the headunit and fit whatever the hell you want and not have to leave the old one there cause the car wont work without it.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #32
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm going to go against the grain here..

The premo sound in the BA XR6T i had was awesome to say the least, it just refused to distort even with the volume turned up to max. Was very impressive but then i sold it and bought an EL Ghia, while the premo sound in that was not at all bad, it was never as good as the BA's, it either sounded tinny or distorted at LOUD volume which would quickly cause me to turn it down due to how bad it sounded. It's worth mentioning that Ghia was an immaculate, low Km car and the speakers were not shot or anything.

Problem is......my BF just doesn't sound as good as my BA...it still sounds better than the EL but it's just not as crisp and clear as the BA was...I can't exlplain it...
XESP351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #33
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
E series has 6 stacker in the boot and tape deck up front.

In my ba sound upgrade is as follows

Sub replaced for a kenwood 8 inch sub kfc-xw800f

4 speakers front door and rear parcel shelf with 6 inch kenwood 3 way speakers with adaptor spacers.

Sound quality is much better, most notably you can lift volume to almost full and its still clear. heaps better than standard for about $300 and a few hours fitting.

Is that Kenwood sub a direct fit for the old factory unit?
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2011, 05:54 PM   #34
Donny

Quote:
Originally Posted by XESP351
Problem is......my BF just doesn't sound as good as my BA...it still sounds better than the EL but it's just not as crisp and clear as the BA was...I can't exlplain it...
Thats what I said above.. Good to know Im not the only one to notice the BA one worked better than the BF one.
Now I wonder why that is so?? Is it down to the componants, sound deadening/insulation or what??

My 03 XR had the Premium upgrade system with the colour screen and non climate control a/c. My 07 BF2 GT-P had the standard factory fit Prem sound with full dual zone climate control.

Could it be the optional Prem sound gear worked better than the factory fitted item?

Old 20-06-2011, 06:06 PM   #35
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
Thats what I said above.. Good to know Im not the only one to notice the BA one worked better than the BF one.
Now I wonder why that is so?? Is it down to the componants, sound deadening/insulation or what??

My 03 XR had the Premium upgrade system with the colour screen and non climate control a/c. My 07 BF2 GT-P had the standard factory fit Prem sound with full dual zone climate control.

Could it be the optional Prem sound gear worked better than the factory fitted item?

Well if the BA is better than the BF then all I can say the BF must be absolute rubbish...problem with me is that I love music with a passion and very pedantic when it comes to sound quality . I also have a fairly decent home set up so expect that when they say "premium " for a car set up they should mean it
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2011, 11:51 PM   #36
RAPID_BA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0132
Is that Kenwood sub a direct fit for the old factory unit?
Direct replacement
RAPID_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #37
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny

My BA was also the premium sound option without the dual climate control and my BF2 has the DZCC...maybe the the climate control ruins it...
XESP351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2011, 05:20 PM   #38
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

From memory, my AU2 ghia had the best of the lot out of the EL Ghia, and my old mans BF F6.
Old 21-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #39
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUD
From memory, my AU2 ghia had the best of the lot out of the EL Ghia, and my old mans BF F6.
yeah mine's definitely got some serious power going on, just wish the sub was more tunable.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #40
Donny

Throw in a better quality headunit with sub controls and you can then adjust how the sub works more..

Old 21-06-2011, 09:08 PM   #41
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
yeah mine's definitely got some serious power going on, just wish the sub was more tunable.
My AU3 unit is fantastic. It must be a fluke of nature because it all still works perfectly. From CD to antennae. Everything.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2011, 09:11 PM   #42
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
My AU3 unit is fantastic. It must be a fluke of nature because it all still works perfectly. From CD to antennae. Everything.
i haven't tested the CD stacker yet, but the antenna works haha.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #43
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
i haven't tested the CD stacker yet, but the antenna works haha.
Yeah the antennae working is definitely a miracle in itself
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2011, 11:32 PM   #44
Till_Lind
E-series fan

EF/EL wins again, lol.

I remember back in 95 when my dad got his EF Mont and I was pretty impressed by the sound back then. Before that he had a TR Magna (good honest vehicle that one).

I've driven BA Ghias, Lanes, LTDs (assuming same sound system in all of these) and the sound in them seemed better than the Monts, but that was not a Mont Ghia mind you.

Sound system is VE Senator is pretty impressive too I might add.