Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 16-08-2011, 07:45 AM   #61
Angeldust

Default Re: is there any such thing as a quality used car?

hmm its all in the price as its relative to quality.

that said, i have never purchased a new vehicle ever and im 36 :(
i can afford cars in the 30K price bracket, and that usually means 2nd hand falcadores. I can afford a 40K car at the moment, but nothing tickles my fancy especially with the SC 5.0 (currently out of my price range) and talk of new genV LSx coming.

that said again, i got my VY with 30 000k's on the clock (newest car ive owned) 5 years ago and it has been so good im reluctant to swap it for anything at the moment (its got 100 000k's on it right now today), and anyone that purchases this car will/would be extremely happy.

Z series Clubsport HRT edition..
e46 320ci 2.2ltr Stocko
Old 16-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #62
4.0i_SiX
SiX_iN_a_RoW

No offence but you wouldnt happen to be from NZ would you? Just everyone I know from NZ goes on about high k cars, I think its because they can get to the other side of their country in 6 hours so their cars probably do have bugger all k's lol.

Being in the car game ( mechanical, roadworthies etc ) I can tell you that alot of the "higher" K cars are MUCH better cars than some lower k examples. You will find cars with 80k on them will start having issues within 10-20k whereas a car with say 110k's on the clock may have already had them rectified.

Certainly dont buy a car if you are not happy with it
I just bought an 02 Patrol with 220k's on the clock. Put her up on the hoist and cannot fault it at all. Compression test passed with flying colours etc
Old 16-08-2011, 08:36 AM   #63
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bought an 04 BA Futura with 50,000km on the clock for $11,000... The car is in almost immaculate condition, a few car park dints, but barely noticeable.

Maybe i paid a little more then i should have, but it was a one owner, service history and 12 months warranty. Diff bushes are being replaced under that warranty, and touch wood nothing else goes wrong.

If i end up keeping this car for the next 3 or so years, i'd say i bought a quality used car...

They're certainly out there..
Old 16-08-2011, 09:25 AM   #64
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

Is this thread a wind up or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain awesome
i dont get you hulk.
you have posted another thread a year back complaining about car city. why go back?

i a have worn seats on my ute and it has 29000ks

and the fact you wouldnt buy a car for more than 100000ks for more than 10gs is a joke and stupid. love to get a 100000k aston for 10g

you need a hobbie so you have less time to think about dumb threads

and dont go to dealers if you dont like them.
Agree with this..

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Old 16-08-2011, 12:54 PM   #65
vibe_xr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have owned 2 second hand cars, one with 112,000k's and the other with 52,000. They were/are both awesome cars and didnt/havnt had a problem, Im like you hulk, Once they get over 100,000 i see them as old, mines got 160km to go :(
Old 16-08-2011, 10:32 PM   #66
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

my cars are always mint when they are traded in...

Ive just traded in one of them and its pretty much as good as the day I picked it up minus 4 - 5 stone chips and a scraped front bar, not bad for 60,000 kms and 3 years..
Old 16-08-2011, 10:43 PM   #67
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

After reading a lot of this thread it seems that some here want a car that is in brand new condition, with very few km's and don't want to pay anything for it. Now I know why you lose so much money on an FPV in the first 3 years.

The way I see it, I am not paying $70k on a car, never driving it so that someone can buy it with very low Km's and enjoy it more than I did at a fraction of the cost.
Old 16-08-2011, 11:23 PM   #68
bingoTE50
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
After reading a lot of this thread it seems that some here want a car that is in brand new condition, with very few km's and don't want to pay anything for it. Now I know why you lose so much money on an FPV in the first 3 years.

The way I see it, I am not paying $70k on a car, never driving it so that someone can buy it with very low Km's and enjoy it more than I did at a fraction of the cost.
Yes , suffered that loss on a GT , never again . But I did manage to do 93000 k's of driving . Car was great and had some great drives in it .
I wanted to be able to say I owned a Gt before I die ( hopefully a long way off) and mission accomplished. Hmmm a Porsche or Ferrari - I wonder - sell a kidney or a lung - maybe ......
Old 16-08-2011, 11:27 PM   #69
RAPID_BA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Hulk BA ... you spend too much time at CarCity at Minchinbury .... I have seen you mention in a number of your other posts that you are there.

I think you can't keep away from the place.

The TV ad itself should put off anyone thinking of going ... would have to be one of the dodgiest ads around.

I drive passed the place everyday to get to and from work ... and from what I see as I drive passed in that place ... I'm surprised any of the cars in there would pass rego.

I suggest going elsewhere ... plenty of other decent yards out there with better "quality" cars in them.
poor hulk, true to help a lass in distress, shields her from the greasers at carcity.
Old 16-08-2011, 11:36 PM   #70
RAPID_BA
Banned

Wink Re: is there any such thing as a quality used car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_PSI
My car must not be quality. Damn. Better flog it off for 5 grand. Any takers?
I'm not saying there ate no cars with higher km that aren't quality. They just are not for sale. I know if a el Ford with 190000km that is perfect. The owner cares for it, bought it new, fixes everything. But its not for sale.

I only say I wouldn't touch a higher km car as more likely than not they are worn to buggery. There usually a reason why people sell higher km cars and its not because they are going overseas.

But people on here are obvious enthusiasts and care for their cars despite the km. But majority do not. We all are the exception not the norm.
Old 16-08-2011, 11:59 PM   #71
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
I only say I wouldn't touch a higher km car as more likely than not they are worn to buggery. There usually a reason why people sell higher km cars and its not because they are going overseas.
Normally because they can afford something newer and better presumably.
Old 17-08-2011, 12:03 AM   #72
prydey
Rob

i once bought a low km ebv8 (private sale). i think that was a quality car.....
Closed Thread