Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 10-11-2005, 08:51 PM   #1
christo_fiesta

Default Fiesta Issues - Opinions Anyone?

Hey guys..

Today I filled my fez, and as Im driving home - i realised I could hear the petrol Swooshing around in the tank. (at least thats what I think it is).

IS THIS NORMAL?

Its REALLY annoying, really really annoying. Was curious to see if anyone else has had this issue?

Other issues I am getting the dealer to look at will be:

-The knocking sound that is coming from the back, i wish i knew what it was.
-The squeeking clutch, which no matter how much its serviced KEEPS squeeking!
-Dead cigarette charger

If you guys have any thoughts, about the petrol swooshing thingy, id be happy to hear from ya. I have a 5 door LX.

Cheers-Chris

christo_fiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2005, 10:02 PM   #2
Fez WQ

That rattle will be either a bit of foam in the boot were you can get your hand up, were the boot curves up on the right the foam liner will be loose had 3 other fiestas the same or it could be the plastic liner on the tail gate has a locking thing that rattles take the screws out remove the cover and you will see what i mean give it a knock and you will see and hear it, squeeking clutch , get some grease on your finger and smeer it on the clutch spring down near the pedals
Fez WQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2005, 10:15 PM   #3
GROOV3
Rollin

sure you wearnt hearding the coolant in the heater - swooshing noise.

and even if you could hear it in the fuel tank, ford will jsut laught at you and go yeah tehres fuel in there of course its going to sound like there is.

most of us have the knocking fromt eh rear left, just get louder stereo
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2005, 10:53 PM   #4
azza1
black zetec

i had a rattle on my rear left, so pulled off the trims and found it was the seat belt retractor rattling on the pillar. A bit of cardboard in between fixed it nicely.. how's that for technical. As for the rest i can honestly say i have not yet encountered.
azza1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 12:45 AM   #5
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROOV3
most of us have the knocking fromt eh rear left, just get louder stereo
Lol that sounds like a typical ford service response!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 01:51 AM   #6
Tripe

I've only had the squeaking clutch problem. Ford fixed it by spraying silicone lube everywhere up under the dash and it was fine for a while, but then the squeak came back. I took a look at it last week with a torch and some unusual bending positions and noticed the plastic switch above the clutch pedal was squeaking as it hit the metal plate on the clutch pedal. Could be the same problem your having? To fix it, I took some excess white grease from the bottom of the steering assembly (near the carpet) and rubbed it over the metal plate and bottom of the switch. I'm so bad at explaining things so maybe you'll get more attached pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clutch switch.jpg (33.6 KB, 57 views)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 02:04 AM   #7
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

The squeeky clutch is a generic problem, ask the members on ukfn.com and they will say the exact same thing..

The swooshing noise is normal, plastic fuel tank, probably not sound insulated the best it could be.
I get it too, but its not quite as bad as you say yours is, and by no means does it bother me,
Just to make sure its the same noise im thinking of.... put ur car in the drive way (leave the ignition off) and roll it foward then rip up the handbrake and listen to see if you can hear the swooshing noise. if so then yes its normal.
If the noise your hearing is different someone might not like you, and it might be a fuse for a bomb
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 12:53 PM   #8
Fez WQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by azza1
i had a rattle on my rear left, so pulled off the trims and found it was the seat belt retractor rattling on the pillar. A bit of cardboard in between fixed it nicely.. how's that for technical. As for the rest i can honestly say i have not yet encountered.
Same as mine and 3 others
Fez WQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 10:32 PM   #9
FlaminFiesta

hmm no issues besides a squeaky window that well took me a while to get fixed the other one has done it now as well i dont wanna take it in :(

hehe but they are solid cars i thrash mine and it just keeps on keeping on!!
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post