Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Default Help please,au1 futura radio problem

G'day guys, just wondering if someone has some advice about my stock radio. This morning went to jump in the car, hit the central locking button, jumped in my car and the antenna is up & stereo is on! Thats strange i thought, the ignition is off, checked the buttons on the stereo and the're not working too. I disconnected & reconncted the battery but still the same. Cant even punch the code back in. Has the stereo shagged it? Can it be fixed? Any input greatly appreciated.

cheers,Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Default Re: Help please,au1 futura radio problem

Looks like the stereo is stuffed, ah well lol! .Hope its nothing else (bcm), now to find a replacement.

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Old 25-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

I just tried removing the stereo with some cut off bits of coathanger,one side come out easily but the other side woudnt budge so after giving the stereo a good wiggle and a few choice swear words i gave up thinking i need the proper removal tools, but as with murphy's law,
i put everything back together, threw the fuses back in, turn the ignition to on and bingo the stereo let me put the code back in - wtf! Not sure what the problem was maybe a bad connection with the wiring between the stereo and bem? anyway all good for now lol!

cheers Maka

Old 26-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Sounds like you just needed to cut the power to it for long enough for the residual power to bleed out so it could reset itself. My 6 stacker did something similar once; it had a fit and decided not to play the game so I disconnected it for half an hour and it came good. It's been fine since and that was 2 years ago.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

I agree bushbasher after thinking about it, so after doing some mad googling, i had a few things to try to get it working again ie- i disconnected the battery a few times for 1/2 hour but no go, i tried the key in the ignition trick for 45 minutes on acc no go either, checked my workshop manual and theres 2 fuses-5 amp & 15 amp(bat mem), so i pulled them both out for a period of time 1/2hour or so- still no go so i proceeded to rip the stereo out, fuses out again, bits of coathanger and for over a hour tried in vain to remove stereo. With the s*&ts i put it back together and bingo were back in business, its working! Once the 15 amp fuse (bat mem)was pulled for over an hour it reset the stereo. Half hour wasnt long enough for residual power to disperse i guess. Im glad its sorted out thats for sure!

ps- the reason i suspected the bcm/bem is the fact that when i hit the central locking button to get in the car the antenna was up and stereo on with no key in the ignition.

Old 26-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #6
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

You'll find that if you hop in and turn on the stereo you'll get 1 hour of play with no key then it'll turn itself off. It's been the same with fords going back to ef/el I think.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #7
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Fair dinkum didnt know that mate, well there you go lol! Anyway thanks for your input Bushbasher!