Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-01-2005, 06:18 PM   #31
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose_1
Is that because it wouldnt run and the cpu wouldnt be under any stress?
Really funny. It's the cooler that's on it. Asetek VapoChill. Look it up. The case is like $1,300.00 but the cooler unit itself is like $900. CPU cooled by what's basically a fridge motor....
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2005, 06:25 PM   #32
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Really funny. It's the cooler that's on it. Asetek VapoChill. Look it up. The case is like $1,300.00 but the cooler unit itself is like $900. CPU cooled by what's basically a fridge motor....
Ok calm down, it was a joke.
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2005, 06:28 PM   #33
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

is seems like there is something wrong with the HSF, id recomend getting a new beafier hsf, I use a gigabyte 3d rocket cooler pro, its compatible with all cpus and motherboards and does a damn good job and for only about $70 its worth every penny (i think anyway). even though 72deg is hot but its not that hot, i dont know about the P4's but my athlon xp used to peak at about 72deg under hard load and ran fine, never missed a beat. ( that was with no case fans with stock hsf)
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2005, 06:33 PM   #34
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose_1
Ok calm down, it was a joke.
I know it was. Sorry.. can't show tone of voice when I'm typing.. lol :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Dave
is seems like there is something wrong with the HSF, id recomend getting a new beafier hsf, I use a gigabyte 3d rocket cooler pro, its compatible with all cpus and motherboards and does a damn good job and for only about $70 its worth every penny (i think anyway). even though 72deg is hot but its not that hot, i dont know about the P4's but my athlon xp used to peak at about 72deg under hard load and ran fine, never missed a beat. ( that was with no case fans with stock hsf)
72°C on Athlons isn't THAT bad.. my Athlon Thunderbird used to peak at 70 in summer and ran fine. It's still not nice. On a Northwood P4, 72 is shocking. My friend had a 3.0 GHz Northwood with a 92mm Zalman fan on it... fan speed was 2350rpm... CPU was overclocked to 3.2GHz.. peak operating temps were 26 - 29°C. On extremley hot abnormal days (40°C+).. it'd hit around 32°C.
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2005, 06:43 PM   #35
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

i have my athlon XP 2800+ overclocked to 2.3ghz (fairly mild, not yet reached the maximum) and it runs at 48deg right now in the summer time with the 3d rocket cooler pro and heaps of case fans, hard drives fans etc
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2005, 08:05 PM   #36
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
I know it was. Sorry.. can't show tone of voice when I'm typing.. lol :P
I can.........biatch
Old 28-01-2005, 08:28 PM   #37
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Is there a need to have the same pic 3 times in a thread guys?
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2005, 08:33 PM   #38
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Agreed and funnily enuff look who its from
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2005, 08:35 PM   #39
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Soz my bad, I deleted it out of my post
Old 28-01-2005, 08:47 PM   #40
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Dave
i have my athlon XP 2800+ overclocked to 2.3ghz (fairly mild, not yet reached the maximum) and it runs at 48deg right now in the summer time with the 3d rocket cooler pro and heaps of case fans, hard drives fans etc
pretty much identical to mine with the same XP2800 and similar OC. I run a SLK800 with 80mm variable fan (locked into low mode to keep it quiet) and I never see 50c regardless of temp or application. Thats in a black box with all panels on too.

Get a good HSF and all your woes will go away.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2005, 01:25 AM   #41
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

My CPU is currently at 36C, with stock CPU fan, 5 80mm fans and a side fan with is 120mm wide. It is the last of the Palamino cored Athlons, and the hottest - the 2100+ :P
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 06:17 PM   #42
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

Well I dont know... I ran it at load for 2 hours straight with the side off and a desk fan blowing in it and it ran 10c cooler. Sounds like the heatsink to me now.

This is what i'm running..... also my mate has the same cpu and HSF and he is having the same troubles.... coincidence maybe?

Old 31-01-2005, 09:04 PM   #43
paul7v7
bring it on

with a standard fan my athlon 64 3500+ is running at 40 degrees. thinking of upgrading to a Zalman.

just take the chance and get a new HSF and see what happens.
Old 31-01-2005, 09:34 PM   #44
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

I want to upgrade to a AMD Athlon64 4000+, but making my student loan bigger wouldnt be smart
Old 02-02-2005, 09:30 AM   #45
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut King
try this ;)

Bloody hell! Looks more like part of Darth Vaders suit then something belonging inside a modern computer, lol.

While we're speaking of cooling systems inside PCs, have a look at my super-dodgy cooling setup on my GPU (yes, it's a far-from-state-of-the-art Radeon 9550, but I have flashed the BIOS on it to a 9600 and overclocked it from 250 Core 195 Mem to 398 Core 199 Mem, hence the need for the fan, crap RAM won't run any faster then 199):

/me stands back and watches everyone point and laugh, lol

Anyway, back to the point of this thread, yeah, I'd be upgrading the HSF myself if I was you mate.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post