Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 17-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
jim6149
Starter Motor

Default Mondeo 08 indicator fault

Hi all,
Anyone had their indicator come on by themselves? The left indicator has started to come on occasionally without the stalk being moved and after self cancelling after a right turn. I searched the problem and found that there has been a recall in the UK ( R/2011/040) Did I miss it?
My car is standard with no towbar or accessories, the fault occurs during normal driving conditions. The dealer said it might be the clock spring and quoted me the Greek national debt to fix it but an auto electrician guessed a body controller problem might be the cause.
Cheers
Jim

jim6149 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mondeo 08 indicator fault

My 08 model is doing something similar,problem is do you let them pull the thing apart and cause other problems! I rather put up with it.

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Interesting....
My XR5 rear window wiper frequently does one wipe when I start the car. Sometime when was parked in reverse but now in neutral for start, and other time when parked in first gear (manual box). No clear pattern.

Possible Body Control Module (BCM) problem.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #4
jim6149
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt
Interesting....
My XR5 rear window wiper frequently does one wipe when I start the car. Sometime when was parked in reverse but now in neutral for start, and other time when parked in first gear (manual box). No clear pattern.

Possible Body Control Module (BCM) problem.

Yep I've had that too, and the front wipers, and one flashing headlight and a weird beep.

I'm certain this is software fault, there's too many odd things happening for it to be anything else.

Question is, will my dealership come over all "expert" and try to replace parts, their original idea was that the clock spring is busted.

I hope I can get them to just re-install or flash the BCM software for free and send me on my way. But that's too easy. I fear this will turn into a screaming match with lawyers and me buying a new car.
Old 20-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #5
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

You'll need to look out for one of these

Seriously though, it would appear that it may just need a clean or perhaps a replacement switch unit. I found this on a UK site, maybe this will help

http://www.talkford.com/topic/149169...rns-itself-on/

Last edited by Russ; 20-05-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #6
jim6149
Starter Motor

I take it all back, my opinion of the dealer and Ford is restored. Not only did they fix the software fault in less than an hour, Ford paid half the bill!!! I got away with $70 for the fix.
It was the BCM software problem which was fixed by an update. Simple.
Cheers
Jim
Old 22-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #7
jim6149
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim6149 View Post
I take it all back, my opinion of the dealer and Ford is restored. Not only did they fix the software fault in less than an hour, Ford paid half the bill!!! I got away with $70 for the fix.
It was the BCM software problem which was fixed by an update. Simple.
Cheers
Jim
Ok Ford Dealer is back in dog house.
the random indicator / parking light / wiper / mystery beep problem is back with a vengeance.

Any answers? It's not the BCM software, could be the whole module? of dodgy switch?
Old 23-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #8
Ros5co
Zetec MC Hatch TDCi

My MC Zetec started doing this a couple of weeks ago when I would start the car in the morning & when leaving the office in the afternoon.

The day I booked it in to be checked by the dealer it stopped doing it so I cancelled the booking. It has done it to me a couple of times since but until it does it on a regular basis then it will be difficult to sort. I also noticed the left hand parkers have been on a couple of times when this has happened.

Weird!
Ros5co is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post