Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 02-05-2013, 01:52 AM   #1
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Default I want to play a game...

... and it is called "Where did my features go?"

Long story short, per my other thread, I had an accident where I rear ended someone bad enough that it blew driver, driver knee & passenger airbags. As part of the repair they needed to reset the computer... had an issue doing it so put in a whole new computer.

Now I've picked up the car today and noticed the following:

- Bluetooth seems to no longer exist. No longer is there a phone icon selectable on my dash screen, pairing my phone fails ("Ford Audio" is still stored in my phone since before the accident) and doing a fresh bluetooth device search fails. Hitting one of the phone buttons on the stereo simply brings up a message stating "Audio Muted". Part one of the game... where did my bluetooth go?

- The USB port, while still physically in the glovebox, doesn't seem to actually exist. Previously, selecting "CD/AUX" on the stereo would cycle between CD, AUX Line In, AUX USB, and AUX iPod (if connected). Now, it just goes between CD & AUX Line In. The USB port seems to put out no power or signal (connected iPod correctly and absolutely nothing, whacked in a flash drive and absolutely nothing... not even the light on the flash drive came on). Both iPod & the particular flash drive in question were working fine before the accident. Part two of the game... where did my USB functionality go?

- The voice control button, that annoying English woman, well, she's disappeared somewhere. Pressing the "Voice" button results in absolutely no response whatsoever - previously it used to mute the stereo and "beep" while waiting for voice input. Now pressing the "Voice" button has exactly the same effect as not pressing it. Part three of the game... where did the annoying cow go?

This is all I've noticed since I got the car back this morning, and drove it to & from work, so maybe there's more I haven't picked up on yet, but will be interesting to see what people think could be the issue. I have contacted the repairer who in turn has contacted the Ford dealer who did the computer swapout and is waiting for a response.

MY GUESS: I am basing my guess on pretty much logic and a small bit of knowledge of the different spec levels of Mondeo - but my guess is that basically they've programmed it to be an LX instead of a Zetec? Of course I could be completely wrong but I can't wait to get it back again, I've just had to burn a couple of MP3 CD's for the first time in forever since I don't have my iPod/USB functionality.

Also, the bonnet seems under certain light to be one massive hologram, I think I'll have to get them to re-detail that as it is pretty damn noticable and bad in certain conditions.

Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #2
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: I want to play a game...

Interesting...Please keep us up to date.
Would be very keen to know the outcome!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

mate, take it back. There should be a lifetime warranty on the repairs. As much as is it annoying to waste your time, things will not get done if you do not act like a person that will not go away.

I dont mean act like a jerk, but you need to be almost a nuisance to them for them to want to ensure the car is 100% correct. I had to do this once to a dealer with a serious fault of a past car. Went back 16 times I counted. The Service manager while nice about the situation, was sick of seeing me by the end of it. But by the end of it, he took the car for a whole week to diagnose the issue and completely made sure personally that the issue was rectified properly.

Don't freak out Rik, it will get sorted but somewhere along the line, the checking procedure of things like this get missed due to time restraints. I doubt they would have checked these features prior to handing you the keys. Now that you have got the car back, and resumed the standard procedure of getting into work, you've noticed some things are not the same.

Keep a log of all faults that were not there prior to the accident. You never know if you need to refer back to them and call to account of the details for the insurance mob to look into.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm tipping that you're right. They have put a lower spec. programme in.

Hope it doesn't prove to be too much of a pain!

Steve
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
mas89

the Bluetooth module is in that area behind the glovebox.. maybe someone forgot to plug something back in when they were replacing the airbag,,i do believe that Bluetooth is on all mc models
Old 04-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #6
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Oh it will keep going back until it is done right.

I'm almost tempted to move away from my original thoughts of wrong computer/software, and am thinking that nothing behind the glovebox got plugged in again, especially if the bluetooth module is there. I used an AUX cable on the iPod today, had both iPod and car stereo at full volume and stereo on AUX-Line In, and had absolutely nothing at all - even pulled the plug in and out to get the "connection" thuds and hum, nothing. Perhaps its not showing USB & Bluetooth as options because the computer isn't detecting them?

Also seem to have a bit of a grind/rattle coming from somewhere in the dash, the curious thing is it only happens at certain times, and will ONLY happen if the AC is on... I've played with the climate unit with no music at all going the last few times I've driven, with climate on but no AC its fine, the moment you flick it to "AC ON" it will start making weird noises every time the car almost comes to a stop, or sometimes under acceleration... just weird. Also could hear one of the flaps "grinding" as it moved position to divert which vents the air goes to at one stage tonight, never ever heard that before.

Shav, I realise they wouldn't have checked all these features prior to handback, in fact, they're kind of "obscure" features that I wouldn't have really expected them to check - lights and indicators and stuff sure, but who would really think to check a USB port or bluetooth after a crash, its not something you would think of.

Must say I am still impressed with the way the repairer is handling it. Told him about the swirl, he's gonna get it back for another polish and a bit of wax to get rid of the hologram, no issues at all. Also teed up with Ford for me to take it to them regarding the electronics issues, but I'm almost wondering how hard it could be to get behind the glovebox myself to check if stuff is plugged in...
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
This user likes this post:
Old 08-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #7
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Turns out it wasn't a computer issue, just that the bluetooth module thing behind the glovebox was plugged in but not plugged in tight so it wasn't registering as there.

Plus they've given it a decent polish to get rid of the swirl.
Quote:
This user likes this post:
Old 09-05-2013, 01:26 AM   #8
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

oh thats something Rik. So is all the gremlins out now?

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 09-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #9
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Nah there's a couple more, they already know about them but in the time they had the car yesterday didn't get a chance to sort out, going back next Wednesday when I have the day off and can actually drop it down and chat with them rather than have them pick it up and try describe stuff over the phone.
Quote:
Old 09-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #10
blueoval
Critical Thinker

thats fair enough. At least you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Keep positive.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 09-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #11
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Well the crash repair keeps calling me and keeping in touch and wanting to sort this out. They've been fantastic actually.

Unlike the insurance company. Still haven't heard a peep from them since the car was taken to the repairer pretty much. Not even a courtesy call to see if I was happy with everything.
Quote:
Old 10-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #12
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Not even a courtesy call to see if I was happy with everything.
There's a message there. Might be time for a change once this is sorted out.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #13
mas89

I thought it may have been a simple thing like that,, hope you get all the rest of the car back to the way it should be so you can get back to enjoying your ride..
Old 15-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #14
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Repairer booked her in to the local Ford dealer for them to have a look at the idle being a bit rough as well as the rattle in the aircon (possibly compressor or clutch).

Dropped it down this morning, hopefully they can find what's causing it to idle a bit rough as well as nut out the rattle/grinding sound from aircon.

What's funny is when I told the guy at the service department my name... he goes "You're Riksta on Ford Forums". Haha always good to run into another AFF'er.
Quote:
2 users like this post: