Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-01-2006, 07:13 PM   #61
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im not sure what place alcohol has at a car show full stop. Keep the drinking till after the show and away from the event.
That would make sense. But it makes money for the organisers so they sell it at high prices. They really should totally ban it as fast cars and drunken morons don't really mix. The pit at Bathurst is worse with these types of empty heads.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2006, 07:40 PM   #62
aimzes
...fairly odd

Quote:
Summernats is great but the bogan d**heads ruin it for the majority who just want to have some fun.
and thats the reason i refuse to go back. i cant be f-ed putting up with them. "er you bought a ford fords are s**t" YAAAAAAAAWN. or checking out a sweet car in the car park "the f are you lookin at bro" pfffft.

ill pass.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:42 PM   #63
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any of you guys heading out to the nats, we have organised a get together in Braddon on Friday night. Usually a big night to sit back and watch the cars going by. Anyway, if ya see us, come over say hi. More than welcome to join us. We will be opposite the ford dealership at City Custom Exhaust.

Thread with some details here

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...d=1#post472976
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2006, 08:27 PM   #64
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Yes nothing like a 1000 drunk or sober bogans yelling "show us ya tits" at your wife or girlfriend...
In some ways its more for their safety than ours, im not a very tollerent person when it comes to suffering fools...
If i can't take my wife to a car show than its not for me.
The bogans and (ricers) are welcome to it all to themselves..
Make that 1001 drunken idiots.lol.Man i love the event it's a good time to go out solo and party hard and enjoy what blokes love doing best. :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2006, 11:26 PM   #65
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There was some pretty interesting cars at scrutineering tonight. No pics though... Looking forward to Fri/Sat/Sun!!!
Old 03-01-2006, 11:48 PM   #66
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Keep an eye out for the Di Filippo Ford Mustang with the engine out of there 4.8 second 298 MPH Top Fueler running Nitromethane. Been giving them a bit of a hand and let me tell ya it will blow your mind when they fire this thing up on Thursday. Darren plans to do some burnouts and go for a bit of a cruise around the facility.

P.S. It will be LOUD
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2006, 09:48 AM   #67
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey actrob, if the XYGT is the one that was at the Shannon's office in Fyshwick yesterday, that is one neat unit!
Old 04-01-2006, 10:11 AM   #68
WizBang
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Love to go went a few years ago ,towed mates across for him to show but the drunken bogans do take over the show and we felt it was a waste of money and time to come from perth to see that crap ,but hey most people love so if you are going have fun
WizBang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 07:01 PM   #69
HavocXR8
yay still alive

hello all it was a great first day today besides the rain hope all of you who r going have a great weekend i will
HavocXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 07:05 PM   #70
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey if u got any pics of the summernats post they ok, would be good for ppl who couldnt go to get a taste of it
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 02:16 PM   #71
ReGiE
Yeah Rite

i weas down there for just the day yesterday.
it was a great day apart from the drunken idiots at the end of the day yelling ИИИИ at my misses.

apart from that and the short rain it was a good day.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:49 PM   #72
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

http://photobucket.com/albums/c322/s...ummernats2006/

I'm not the greatest photographer...but better than nothing...
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 06:59 PM   #73
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

I dont see the point in letting a few bogans ruin your fun ! Doesnt matter where you go they are always there . Get over it and have fun ! I had my car damaged in 1990 . Some frick thought it would be fun to slow up the traffic cruizing inside the complex and was staggering around in front of my car with a huge line up behind me ! my mate called out to one of the security and they grabbed Knobhead and as we cruised past he kicked my passengers side front guard ( XB ) and caved it in pretty well !there is a fair chance I broke his nose but a couple more security blokes stopped me before I could have real talk to him . I just fixed it when i got home and resprayed the car to a slightly different color ! Was a good chance to rectify a few little things that I was unhappy with anyways ! as for the "Show us your tits" requests, My girl just ignores them , not cause she is shy , just cause she doesnt do requests ! HAHAHAHAHAH ! I love the Summer nats , although living in the territory makes it hard to get there. I dont care that a few bogans turn up . Someones gotta do their job. Makes it easier for the rest of us th be better than them I guess !
Just go , enjoy life and because sh1t happens anyway!

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 07:00 PM   #74
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slection
http://photobucket.com/albums/c322/s...ummernats2006/

I'm not the greatest photographer...but better than nothing...

Thanks for the pics mate, love that marron/red rose XC couple... ahh if only..
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post