Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #1
Shorty64cad
Starter Motor

Default Difference between AU I and AU II & III Cruise Control

Hi Folks,

I'd like to add factory Cruise Control to my Series 3 AU and there is one advertised at the moment that states it is for a Series 1 only and won't work on a Series 2 or 3. Is this correct? If so, what is the difference? Also, if anyone has a lead on a cruise control set for my car, let me know.

Cheers, Shorty.

Shorty64cad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Difference between AU I and AU II & III Cruise Control

they are very different electrically and not worth the effort trying to modify, the electrical systems to the steering wheel are different making fitting S1 near on impossible.
S2/3 kits come up on eBay all the time for reasonable money

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
Shorty64cad
Starter Motor

That's great, to have that confirmed. Thanks very much. I've noticed some factory Cruise Crontrol systems advertised as being for all AU series. I'll make sure I get one that has come out of a Series 2 or 3.

Thanks again, Shorty.
Old 18-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #4
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes the do advertise for all AU because they don't know, the series ones have a large number of differences to the later cars including but not limited to
  1. dash electrics
  2. audio electrics
  3. ECU
  4. BEM
  5. brakes
  6. intake manifold, sensors & Throttle body
  7. Coil pack
  8. Low series bonnet
  9. XR front bar
with all the differences they are really a different model not just a different series, there were less differences between the EA and the EB S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty64cad View Post
That's great, to have that confirmed. Thanks very much. I've noticed some factory Cruise Crontrol systems advertised as being for all AU series. I'll make sure I get one that has come out of a Series 2 or 3.

Thanks again, Shorty.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
Shorty64cad
Starter Motor

It's a lesson for young players and an easy trap to fall into when they are all called "AU". I only bought the AU III a few weeks ago and all the research I've done suggests just what you say, that the Series 2 was pretty much a whole different model to the Series 1.