Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-05-2006, 03:59 PM   #1
BFD83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry brake's squealing and grinding noise...

hey guys, the front brake pads on my car are really giving me the s**ts!!
i got new pads put on back in dec last yr, the discs were machined and everything and they were great for the first few weeks, then all of a sudden they just started to squeal everytime i would put my foot on the brake..i've just been to lazy to go back there and get em to fix it. my uncle who is a mechanic looked at them on sunday and he said they are fine and that i shouldnt fork out money just to fix a bit of noise, but not only do they squeal they also make this weird like grinding noise..im really not sure what it is but im sure its something to do with the brakes cauz it only does it when i brake. they werent genuine ford brake pads i got put on and was told that i should have got them on cauz they dont squeal. can anyone help me and tell me what i should do cauz the noise is driving me insane!.

BFD83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 06:04 PM   #2
I6corp
Was V6corp

Well since ur uncle checked them.... they might be like mine, they squeak becuase they've got a metallic base...
Planned Engine Mods: ; Extractors; Tickford CAI; Twin Mufflers; Shift Kit; Hi-Stall; Cam; ECU Flash
Bling Mods: Tinted Windows; JVC CD/DVD HU
Planned Bling Mods: TS50 Front; High Series bonnet; Rebel Skirts and Rear Bar; SL Springs; Clear Side Indicators; Rear Spolier; Mags
I6corp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 08:51 PM   #3
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Just to mention , if you still have the disc protector plates on behind the rims , then it might be worth a try removing them . I also had problems with sqeeling/grinding brakes , took the disc protectors off and all is fine now - I think with them on the brakes don't get much air (causing certian pads to get a bit hotter than usual)- more the problem though imo is the brake dust gets trapped around the disc with the covers on. You might get a bit more brake dust on your rims more regularlly with them off , just be sure to wash ya wheels when washing the car to remove brakedust off the rims . Looks better without them too imo > If you allready have them removed then ...um - lol - whatever ..lol ..gl

Oh , i also noticed the other day when i parked sorta near a beach, i returned to the car after about 2 hrs and my brakes were sqeeling and grinding for about the first 15 mins again ( first time in ages ) - all was ok after that again though , just makes me think - i'de hate to be living near the beach with my car ! - cant fish-oil ya brakes like ya can the body! ..lol

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 11:12 PM   #4
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the discs and pads are probably glazed, it tends to happen quicker if you break harder, your best bet is to probably get slotted rotors as this help deglaze the pads and therefore reduce the noise....mine does the same thing all the time, and its not quiet either, im getting money together to get slotted rotors
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2013, 11:59 PM   #5
Ecoboost
Starter Motor

Default Re: brake's squealing and grinding noise...

Hey guys i have a bit of a different problem, when i brake it seems to be a grinding sound come from the front left hand brake, i have had the pads replaced 6 months ago and the disks machined at the same time, can anyone help??
Ecoboost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post