Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #121
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Random Police checks "not lawful"

I live in vic and our local police still do random pullovers. It was even in last weeks paper. I.e. such and such was pulled over in x street for a licence check and found to be suspended. They name and shame in my town. No problem with it at all. I get pulled over maybe once or twice a year for a minute or two, big deal who cares.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-08-2013, 03:47 AM   #122
Bent8
Long live the GT !

I was pulled over a few mths ago...

Cop walks up and says, "nice car mate"... he then tells me there's been a recent burglary in the area (Osb Pk) and asked for my licence and why I was driving on this particular road at this time of night (around 9pm).

I told him I was taking a shorter route to the freeway and after telling him my car was ex-cop (NSW HWP), he seemed to forget about chasing the so-called burglar in the area and spent the next 5min checking out my car instead.

"If you look closely Officer, you can still see the outline of the car number on my bonnet"... he looked really hard with his flashlight but couldn't see it

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida

Last edited by Bent8; 22-08-2013 at 04:05 AM.
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2013, 04:48 AM   #123
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I got pulled over for a license check the other day, and the copper joked that he should check the car for drugs. I joked back, "wouldn't be carrying my personal in the car with me!" And he replied with "no, I meant for drugs you were selling. This car might easily be mistaken as a drug dealers car."
I think I should stick to public transport from now on.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #124
superfly
Go the Hogster!

I got pulled over a few months ago at a RBT site. I got pulled over even though all bays were full. It was due to me driving the missus WRX (cars directly in front and behind were let through). After making me wait for a particular officer, he then proceeded to check under the bonnet and defected me for the APS BOV (which I believe was engineered correctly). As it has a small external vent (which rarely gets used) it was a defect.

And I didn't get breath tested.
Old 24-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #125
glimmerman
Earnin' and Burnin'

Anything that vents to atmo is illegal - that small vent even if rarely used is still illegal.

SO FAR Genie Headers, 100cell Cat, 3" SS exhaust, Nizpro Valve springs, Powerbond Under Drive, Pod filter, 3 inch intake, big mouth intake, Iridium Spark plugs, Atomic VIPER manifold.
TO BE INSTALLED Raptor V 14psi, Frozen Boost W2A, 3,7's & LSD, Auto Rebuilt
GOAL: 270+rwkws

My BA MKII Raptor Supercharged build
glimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #126
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glimmerman View Post
Anything that vents to atmo is illegal - that small vent even if rarely used is still illegal.
Technically I agree, yes it's illegal for that APS BOV. Damaging to the atmosphere/climate change/global warming etc. Well.... it would be about as less as you or I fart on a daily basis.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #127
glimmerman
Earnin' and Burnin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
Technically I agree, yes it's illegal for that APS BOV. Damaging to the atmosphere/climate change/global warming etc. Well.... it would be about as less as you or I fart on a daily basis.
Yeah absolutely, but regardless of the stupid reasons behind the rule, my pod filter is not in an air box, if I get pulled over and told off I won't be complaining, we all modify our cars and we all know the laws (well hopefully you do before you start modifying) - if you don't get something done and you know without it it is not a legal mod, just suck it up when you get caught.

SO FAR Genie Headers, 100cell Cat, 3" SS exhaust, Nizpro Valve springs, Powerbond Under Drive, Pod filter, 3 inch intake, big mouth intake, Iridium Spark plugs, Atomic VIPER manifold.

Old 24-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #128
The Monty
Just slidin'

My defective car got defected.
Must jump on AFF cop thread and whinge.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #129
glimmerman
Earnin' and Burnin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty View Post
My defective car got defected.
Must jump on AFF cop thread and whinge.
Exactly lol