Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU 5.0L leads

just got a price for a set leads for my partners LTD and will need to donate a kidney to buy them ( $550 and that was heavily discounted)
what do you guys recommend? not looking for leads for I high power strip car it's a hire car on gas . needless to say top gun will not be on our shopping list

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO

Last edited by FGII-XR6; 05-09-2013 at 06:22 PM.
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: AU 5.0L leads

This is what I run in both my cars and they are a measurable improvement over the factory ones.
There's a set on ebay right now HERE for $88 delivered buy it now. The set on my missus wagon has gone over 200k and 7 years and they are still out performing the factory leads I replaced them with. They are the best value for money leads on the market IMO.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

Love to know how youre getting leads designed for a dizzy to fit coil packs?
Old 05-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #4
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

The Eagles as mentioned above are pretty decent.

That price for Topgun is ridiculous, I paid less than 1/2 that for my u-beaut Magnacores.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #5
EBW-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I use genuines on our series 1, they come with the sleeves for the ends to stop them melting

Anything for the AU wheezer is expensive, lol!

Get used to it!

phat GUARD ROLLING | 0429 093 302 | facebook
"CHEAPEST GUARD ROLLING IN MELBOURNE"
EBW-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2013, 12:56 AM   #6
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
The Eagles as mentioned above are pretty decent.

That price for Topgun is ridiculous, I paid less than 1/2 that for my u-beaut Magnacores.
No that price was genuine, I wouldn't touch top gun

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Rides:

Old 06-09-2013, 01:00 AM   #7
FAT245
Lacking Imagination

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Nath deserve's a Technical Contributor award for his willingness to share everything in his vast knowledge of tuning EEC-IV and -V Falcons, not to mention engines! 

LiveWires - Cheap, 10mm and work well.

My 11 Second AU Fairlane
364w | 225cc CNC | ---/---@0.050 | Morrison Motorsport ITB Manifold | MoTeC M150 (Engine Control) | PCS TCM-2800 (Trans Control) | 6800rpm Stall | 4R75W
FAT245 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2013, 01:13 AM   #8
Gaz
Got Ghia?

Got mine (Yes, topgun) off ebay for about $95 IIRC.. Been on for a year and have had no issues after being a little worried initially.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:18 AM   #9
FAT245
Lacking Imagination

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Nath deserve's a Technical Contributor award for his willingness to share everything in his vast knowledge of tuning EEC-IV and -V Falcons, not to mention engines! 

My LiveWires cost me $129USD + Shipping from performancedistributors.com ,

They are longer than NGKs and Buggicords (OEM) and can be routed easier. they have made a HUGE Difference on my car with them, also their High Voltage Coils are $99USD for a Set!

My 11 Second AU Fairlane
364w | 225cc CNC | ---/---@0.050 | Morrison Motorsport ITB Manifold | MoTeC M150 (Engine Control) | PCS TCM-2800 (Trans Control) | 6800rpm Stall | 4R75W
Old 06-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #10
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6 View Post
No that price was genuine, I wouldn't touch top gun
Gotcha, I misread the OP.

I'm not sure Magnacore is easily available anymore, so I think the Eagles will work just fine for sensible money.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #11
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

I am running ICE 9mm leads. Made local (Melbourne), why still pricy (around the $300) mark, they come with an excellent reputation and have not let me down. Obviously the quality of the product will be important, especially when running LPG. Send Justin (Private9) from Just Car Parts a PM. He gives forum members a discount and will usually have them delivered to you the next day.

Cheers
Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #12
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks for the help guys, will pass this all on to her

Rides:

Old 08-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #13
speedzter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAT245 View Post
My LiveWires cost me $129USD + Shipping from performancedistributors.com ,

They are longer than NGKs and Buggicords (OEM) and can be routed easier. they have made a HUGE Difference on my car with them, also their High Voltage Coils are $99USD for a Set!
What part number/model leads did you order ?
Cheers
speedzter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #14
FAT245
Lacking Imagination

From my Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAT245 View Post
They have a set that will drop right in, No Special Instructions.

http://performancedistributors.com/p...ivewires-ford/

C9057-EX are the leads I Ordered, Did some quick measurements last night and they are just that little bit longer than my NGKs (Which were tight in some spots), After talking to the guys, to make full use of the system, their coils are a matched set, but you might get away with the MSD ones if that is what you have.

MSD 40,000V
DUI 45,000V

but then there is the Granatelli Coils which are rated for 60,000V

Just make sure you tell them to use Fedex... So you ain't waiting from the 16th of August for a shipment haha

My 11 Second AU Fairlane