Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #31
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What's my AU Worth?

Perhaps some pics? Im looking for a cheap AU at the moment. I've never really taken to my BF XR6, despite it being an awesome car. I felt much more at home and intune with my AU

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #32
pundit
Gazza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverT2TE50 View Post
Back on topic...
Mr Hardware, surely if you can offer it with a roadworthy and some rego - with gas it has to have a $1500+ market?
Depends. I picked up a 2007 BF Fairlane ghia ex cab with a new diff, trans, suspension for $1,500 in july and the bloke had a few that he couldn't move.
11.79 @ 122mph

RIP 2006 - 2017
pundit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2013, 11:14 PM   #33
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverT2TE50 View Post
Back on topic...
Mr Hardware, surely if you can offer it with a roadworthy and some rego - with gas it has to have a $1500+ market?
That's the stupid part about selling cars in QLD. You must have a roadworthy before you can even advertise them.

If you dont sell it before the roadworthy runs out, to bad, go pay for another one if you want to keep advertising..

Crazy!
Old 23-12-2013, 12:09 AM   #34
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
That's the stupid part about selling cars in QLD. You must have a roadworthy before you can even advertise them.

If you dont sell it before the roadworthy runs out, to bad, go pay for another one if you want to keep advertising..

Crazy!
Although not a lot of sellers actually abide by those rules.... Certainly not those selling high Kay ex taxis lol
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #35
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Thanks for the input gents - I think that, roadworthy, low to mid ones seems fair.
I won't be selling to try and recuperate costs, I will be selling to minimise ongoing ones.
Once again, thanks for your help all, and Merry Christmas!
2 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #36
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Try Gumtree, a lot of backpackers only want cheap and aren't too fussed about mileage (I know we use the metric system but Kilometreage sounds silly !)
Old 24-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #37
kcej
2mny projects 2 lttl time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware View Post
Thanks for the input gents - I think that, roadworthy, low to mid ones seems fair.
I won't be selling to try and recuperate costs, I will be selling to minimise ongoing ones.
Once again, thanks for your help all, and Merry Christmas!
That sounds fair, I just bought a 300k dual fuel AU1 Fairmont on ebay in pretty nice shape for $405, but having said that, your 9 mths rego and gas that works (mines not working) means I'd have prob. have gladly paid $1000 for yours without a RWC and I'm a real tightass.
kcej is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #38
Forden Holford
Starter Motor

G'day Guys,

First post on Ford Forums I'm after a bit help. Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd post here. Okay so I'm looking at a 2001 AUXR6 VCT. Car looks in mint condition has done 235,000 kmhs and is a 4spd auto.

Guy who's selling it has done some work on it replacing things like headlining, bushes, etc. Just wondering what these things are worth or what they go for? He's asking $2,600 ono Does that sound to low or about right?

Given that my rides of late have been from the red side or dark side and I haven't owned a Ford since an EF. I'm not to knowledgeable on anything AU related. Appreciate any advice and thanks.
Forden Holford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #39
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

^^Its worth a look for sure.

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #40
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

maybe im a bit more of an optimist, i reckon if its in good order and rw and still drives like an au you might get 2 and a half to 3 for it, once you go and drive another type of car then hop into an au.................... the au drives like 10 grand......... and if it has been maintained it might see another 150,000/250,000 k's.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #41
Forden Holford
Starter Motor

Alright this is what he says he's done in to it.

Au falcon xr6 VCT sedan auto, 235000 Kim's , peddlers lowered suspension, bf 18" wheels Pirelli tyres, extractors 2.5" sports exhaust, K&N air filter, cruise control, electric windows ,6 stacker CD player , towbar , 5 months rego, new radiator water pump cooling system, tow bar, new coil pack, Hood lining, A few small scrapes and paint fading on roof. The Car does look mint in pics on his ad.

Guess, I'm going to have to wait till I see it the flesh and drive it. I do know that with BA it is advisable to fit an aftermarket trans cooler. Is this the case with AU as well or do they have different trans cooling system? Thanks again Maka and Mik
Forden Holford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #42
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

If its going to see any hard work ie: towing, track days, hill blasts, fangin etc ,get the cooler. The BA cooling issue dosent happen to the AU as far as i know. Take it for a drive & see how you go, good luck.

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Old 29-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #43
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forden Holford View Post
Alright this is what he says he's done in to it.

Au falcon xr6 VCT sedan auto, 235000 Kim's , peddlers lowered suspension, bf 18" wheels Pirelli tyres, extractors 2.5" sports exhaust, K&N air filter, cruise control, electric windows ,6 stacker CD player , towbar , 5 months rego, new radiator water pump cooling system, tow bar, new coil pack, Hood lining, A few small scrapes and paint fading on roof. The Car does look mint in pics on his ad.

Guess, I'm going to have to wait till I see it the flesh and drive it. I do know that with BA it is advisable to fit an aftermarket trans cooler. Is this the case with AU as well or do they have different trans cooling system? Thanks again Maka and Mik
I recommend a front mounted air to oil cooler for the transmission to any Falcon with the crappy cooler in radiator setup.
Bi-pass it as they're a disaster waiting to happen.
Old 29-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #44
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
The BA cooling issue dosent happen to the AU as far as i know.
yes it does.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #45
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Taken from a Carsguide comments section -

"It can happen at any time, it doesn't have to be at 170,000 km. It happens when the transmission oil cooler, which is in the radiator bottom tank, fails and allows engine coolant to enter the transmission fluid stream. It's common with the BA and BF models, but not the BFII, which had an external transmission fluid cooler to overcome the problem. The only real way of ensuring it doesn't happen is to fit an external transmission cooler and bypass the one in the radiator"

Just had a look on Ebay & BA radiators are only listed for them not AU's. Have AU's got a oilcooler / heat exchanger in their radiators like BA's? It would be nice to know...

cheers, Maka

Old 29-12-2013, 07:06 PM   #46
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Taken from a Carsguide comments section -

"It can happen at any time, it doesn't have to be at 170,000 km. It happens when the transmission oil cooler, which is in the radiator bottom tank, fails and allows engine coolant to enter the transmission fluid stream. It's common with the BA and BF models, but not the BFII, which had an external transmission fluid cooler to overcome the problem. The only real way of ensuring it doesn't happen is to fit an external transmission cooler and bypass the one in the radiator"

Just had a look on Ebay & BA radiators are only listed for them not AU's. Have AU's got a oilcooler / heat exchanger in their radiators like BA's? It would be nice to know...

cheers, Maka
Falcons have had them practically forever, and they've always failed.
This user likes this post:
Old 29-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #47
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Also as far as I know there is no difference at all with the bf2 cooler over the bf1. Both use heat exchangers on the block for the 6, and radiator tanks for the 8s.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post