Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-01-2006, 09:21 PM   #1
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..
Default Your Reccomendations....

Just as an idea.. seen a new movie, tried something different? recommend it here.. :lookedat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 09:23 PM   #2
max^power
Formerly au^ute

lawn bowls, it's not as bad as it sounds. i had great fun last week when i went with parents and a few mates. and just so happens ... a few of us are playing it next week... http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=33906 for info.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #3
Gilesie
You gotta pay to play

You guys are scaring me.
I was involved in setting up Tatts link and did a few lawn bowls clubs
Yes great people but all well past retirerment.
Whats next? trading in the ford for a vovlo.

2003 Mazda Bravo (work truck)

1979 F100 Ambo
Gilesie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 09:33 PM   #4
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilesie
You guys are scaring me.
I was involved in setting up Tatts link and did a few lawn bowls clubs
Yes great people but all well past retirerment.
Whats next? trading in the ford for a vovlo.
LOL, you'd be suprised how many people under 30 actually attend this kinda stuff. The oldies aren't at the friday bowls round where i live, mainy because all the young hoodlems, me being one after a few :
Old 20-01-2006, 09:41 PM   #5
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lawn bowls rocks, you would be suprised how many chicks go into some of the comps when they are on (NEW FARM BOWLS CLUB)!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, where else can you play a sport, drink beer, eat pizza for 3 or 4 hours and only spend $30-$40 each!
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 10:14 PM   #6
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Absolutely! We had a lawn bowls afternoon organised by work and it was sensational! A lot of fun and really not as easy as it looks, even for a seasoned (cricket!) bowler such as myself. I tried the Crackerjack flipper but ended up plowing into the bowls on the neighbouring green

As for the topic, well a few weeks back I went to the local driving range and was hooked! (Puns galore). Have gone pretty much every weekend since. Play on a proper course every so often but the range was strangely addictive. Being able to belt the genitals off a golf ball with a 1-wood and not worry about having to find the f@rker 3 fairways over, or hitting someone 2 fairways over, or being laughed at by your mates and ending up 13 over par for that hole, makes for huge improvements in technique! And just as good is watching the other people there and how they can royally fork a shot.

Another new thing I tried recently was the grilled John Dory at Wahroonga Seafood Takeaway. I have ALWAYS gone for the Barra but after 10 years I decided to be wild and crazy. Sensational fish, and the chips were equally impressive. Mmm... takeaway...
Old 20-01-2006, 10:33 PM   #7
BlackLS

Well tommorrw I'm picking up a cheap lil mountain bike and probably start shedding some kilos. I've always wanted to ride some of the firetrails in the national park, ill let you know how it goes
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 12:05 AM   #8
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Well tommorrw I'm picking up a cheap lil mountain bike and probably start shedding some kilos. I've always wanted to ride some of the firetrails in the national park, ill let you know how it goes
watch out for the road maniacs dude!

the trails are the best, keeps your concentration up too, which the road doesn't really. just make sure you have the best tyres for the job.
Old 21-01-2006, 01:50 PM   #9
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saw a good band in a BLue Mountians pub last night
"The Reluctant Friends of Steve" http://www.therels.com
sort a bluesy, sorta folk, with didge and guitars etc.
goodguys, very funny, great music.
IF they play near you. worth a look.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 01:57 PM   #10
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Go to a place where they do wood-fired pizzas.

I went to one up here last night called Amici, had their house special, which had 5 meats and 5 vegies with furry fish(tm) (that's what the waitress called them anyway) and it tasted absolutely beautiful. Bit on the expensive side, but god damn...
Old 21-01-2006, 07:50 PM   #11
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

I hate the city. I hate going to pubs or clubs or whatever. But I went out a couple of weeks ago with a couple of mates of mine. The first time I've been to the city in about 12 months and the third time I've actually enjoyed myself in the city ever.

We went to some rock bar called the Ding Dong Lounge. It sounds like a gay bar, I know, but it's not. It was actually a really good little pub. Very different to everywhere else that I've been. Some good talent up on stage.

The other two times I enjoyed myself in the city were spent at The Dallas Bar on King St. Boobies rock!

My XB Fairmont Sedan Project
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 11:42 PM   #12
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My reccomendation........be true to yourself and enjoy life!

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 03:16 AM   #13
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My recommendation (or maybe warning) if you see a cop car parked on the side of the road, do NOT go and say hi...

On another note, I thoroughly recommend ample visits to the beach or pot black (if u guys have it over there)
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 01:11 PM   #14
I bleed ford
351 cubes of power

i hat enight clubs too...don't mind real pubs but even they are getting full of these wanna be homeboys dickheads......just sit at home,drink bundy and smoke rubber! (legally of course!)