Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-02-2014, 12:29 PM   #1
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Default Power antenna stuck in up position info help please

Hi guys, my antenna has just got stuck fully extended - i think that means the inside drive rope is snapped. Is a new full antenna needed or i can replace the old rope with new etc? Any info will be helpful thanks!

ps- just googled, not much info out there with this issue unfortunately.

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2014, 12:31 PM   #2
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Power antenna stuck in up position info help please

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-FALC...0a0fd43&_uhb=1

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-02-2014, 03:23 PM   #3
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Thanks for link poppa, much appreciated!

Quick edit, just found this helpful info - http://www.fordmods.com/ford-audio-v...e-t108138.html

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)

Last edited by Maka; 24-02-2014 at 03:30 PM.
Old 24-02-2014, 06:43 PM   #4
comagutsa
Pethy FG XR8 Ute

yep take old antenna mast out , just unscrews the nuts at the base of the mast from memory , turn on key and radio so the rope comes out pulling on the mast bit
once out feed new rope into antenna base then you turn off the radio and the motor should work in reverse grapping the rope and feeding it into the antenna base once the mast has gone all the way down put nut back on end. all good
from memory as its been awhile since i did one
now fitted with Koya Inox R1's, the rears are 20x10 with a 40mm offset and the fronts are 20x8.5 with a 35mm offset

total of 285.5 rwkw and 642nm
when Herrod cams in 290rwkw

GSXR 750K7 with goodies, dyno'd 136rwhp,
10.567sec for the strip
comagutsa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2014, 07:49 PM   #5
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. You may need to remove the drum cover at the bottom of the antenna and being careful of any washers remove the drum and take out any bits of broken cord from the old mast. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2014, 08:54 AM   #6
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Thanks for your great tips guys, it'll make the job way much easier!

cheers, Maka

Old 02-04-2014, 04:14 PM   #7
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Job done! Autobarn also had the replacement mast for $32, which i ended up getting. The hardest part of the job for me was removing the aerial grommet on top of the guard & coiling up the new mast cable to fit back into the spool casing, patience needed i tell ya!

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11371310

I also referenced The Interceptors excellent how to & that made the job a lot less daunting, anyone that needs to do this job should have look at this link above. Thanks to all who replied & helped out with advice - anyone that needs any help doing this job, pm me.

cheers, Maka

2 users like this post:
Old 02-04-2014, 07:00 PM   #8
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

What is this coiling of the mast cable of which you speak?

Once the old toothed cable is gone, and with the ignition on, I have always just fed the end of the new cable into the aerial sleeve till it meets the drive cog then get someone to turn off the radio. The aerial motor just starts up and winds in the cable till the new mast is retracted and seated in the mast sleeve. job's right at that point and you just then have to refit the locking collar and put the whole thing back into position in the guard.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2014, 09:04 AM   #9
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Hi Bushbasher, i opened the spool casing to remove the broken bit of chord & while the casing was open, i fed the chord into the antenna motor.

When the chord was fully retracted & the mast seated, i had to coil up the chord to fit it back into the clear spool casing (as per The Interceptors instructions) - it was a bit of a pita because i greased the chord up & it was a bit slippery trying to install it while the antenna unit was hanging down!

Once you have a go at coiling up the chord a couple times, you soon work out the correct technique. All done & all good!

cheers, Maka