Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 24-06-2014, 10:10 PM   #121
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: More than one in three Holden Commodores sold is fitted with a V8 engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydep View Post
Strange...I received a letter from Holden about the seat recall days before it was in the media or on this site. Haven't seen anything about windscreen wiper recall; what's your source?

Which part if the wiper blade does the correct grease go on?
Came out in the press today:
http://www.caradvice.com.au/292270/h...dels-recalled/
Old 24-06-2014, 10:11 PM   #122
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: More than one in three Holden Commodores sold is fitted with a V8 engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
It would seem 1 in 3 commodores have working windscreen wipers due to there latest recall cant even use the right grease sheesh.
Mate they all do that.

Oh sorry, I thought you were talking about Fords standard avoid a recall answer.
Old 24-06-2014, 10:23 PM   #123
chopstar87
The Original ChopstaR

Its the Wiper motor i think - Check Drive.com.au

or the link below will go to the article

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/h...624-zsjko.html

May 2006 – October 2006: 2002 Proton Persona
October 2006 – July 2013: 2004 BA Ford Falcon XR6 (Blueprint – 4 speed Auto – Premium Audio - No Tracton Control )
July 2013 - ???: 2013 Chrysler 300c Luxury (Bright white – Panoramic Sunroof – 19 speaker 900 watt Harmon/Kardon stereo)
November 2013 - ???: 2013 Ford Focus Sport (the missus's car, white, manual)
Old 24-06-2014, 10:28 PM   #124
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
Ok so although I'm passionate about ford(sue me)........I'd love to hear your superior wisdom gained thru your finance degree and your MBA! Holden has received 1.8 billion in govco help........ford 1.1billion, in the last 12 years. Over that Time Holden is down 1.35billion and ford 1 billion.
Holden lost 600 million last year, ford 300million. Both companies knew they were at 20 year sales lows. And yet Holden goes on a spending spree, and ford starts winding down models and spending structures.

And yet Holden sells twice the cars ford do but twice the debt!!!

Let's not forget Holden tried blackmailing govco for 300mill a year for the next 8 years. Plus they lied and screwed over their employees. Amoung other things.(edit; oh and these are facts, not just my biased opinion)

I know this is a ford forum but I'd love to hear it from your diehard Holden brain how any of that leaves Holden looking all rosy?
As far as I'm concerned, and from what I've been seeing from Holden over the years......they copy the extremely flawed buissiness model of GM. And we know how that's worked out for them.....and it's happening all over again aswell!
I suspect Holden and some supporters of Holden in Detroit were still trying to make a go of Elizabeth, long after Ford US had decided Ford Australia was to go. In both instances this is before the official announcements.
This user likes this post:
Old 24-06-2014, 10:34 PM   #125
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf View Post
Sigh......

No. An 'FPV' for starters is not a 'Ford' - have you not had a look at the badges on them? Spin it however you like, quote whatever secret squirrel napkin letters you have, end of the day Ford/FPV/whoever have marketed them as 2 different products and most people think they are 2 different products. Ford havent had an XR8 since 2010 which means if you want a V8, you have to buy an FPV. Now this might be fine but what about the people that don't want an FPV? This is why a lot of people go straight to an SS - because it's NOT a HSV but its still a V8. And it is as simple as that, you can go around it however you like but at the end of the day Ford doesn't have a direct competitor for the SS in ute or sedan form.
FPV GS was to be XR8. Internal to the factory they were built as XR8's. Its not like its a big secret. Heck just look at the GS and it screams XR8, right down to the XR6 trim and body kit. I'm sure the XR8 specification was also mentioned on here by someone who worked at Ford back around launch time. They came down the line with XR8 build sheets.

The decision to make the XR8 and rebadge as FPV was no doubt to try and get a higher profit for the car and pay off the R&D that FPV accumulated with the Miami. Since Prodrive walked away, I'm guessing its a strategy that didn't work. The early stripper FG GS was just to low down in value to really take off and later when the GT started to be discounted, the GS was stuck in a no mans land.

As for the whole its not a FPV/HSV thing. Marketing. They do improve the cars, they don't transform them with fairy dust. The donor car and shared components are clearly still there to see. Having owned an XR8 and a GT in the past, I'll say for me its not that big a deal and I'm old enough to remember the original GT when they were still young.

Last edited by DanielXR8; 24-06-2014 at 10:49 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-06-2014, 10:47 PM   #126
Nova 8

On the tax claim debate, I'd rather people claim on an Aussie made V8 than on a foreign made 4 banger.
Old 24-06-2014, 10:52 PM   #127
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopstar87 View Post
Its the Wiper motor i think - Check Drive.com.au

or the link below will go to the article

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/h...624-zsjko.html
https://www.recalls.gov.au/content/i...itemId/1060724
Old 24-06-2014, 11:03 PM   #128
BHDOGS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8 View Post
Mate they all do that.

Oh sorry, I thought you were talking about Fords standard avoid a recall answer.
lmao your such a holden fan
Old 24-06-2014, 11:06 PM   #129
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
lmao your such a holden fan
Just out of interest, how many brand new Fords have you bought in the last few years?
Old 24-06-2014, 11:43 PM   #130
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It would seem 1 in 3 commodores have working windscreen wipers due to there latest recall cant even use the right grease sheesh.
Probably true, but at least they ARE doing something about it!
Old 25-06-2014, 02:30 AM   #131
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaned View Post
Probably true, but at least they ARE doing something about it!
Particularly considering that premature failure of FG wiper motors has been a common issue for years, to the point where dealerships don't even try to replicate it anymore. Just tell them your wipers stop intermittently half way through the cycle and they'll replace the motor, no questions asked. Ford should have recalled them years ago, it's biting a lot of people outside warranty.
Old 25-06-2014, 07:11 AM   #132
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Thread is done and dusted.
Closed Thread