Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-06-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Fairmont climatre control heater issue

Hello to all,

Just got a tiny first world issue with my AUII fairmont when i turn the heater on. Basically heater works well however whenever i direct the airflow to my feet and face i only get cold air to face and hot air to feet. However it works perfectly when i direct the hot airflow to feet and windscreen just not face.

any ideas??

fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11247663
xr8 007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2014, 05:05 PM   #2
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Fairmont climatre control heater issue

Is that cold air coming out of the centre vents only?

If so I think it's meant to be like that, our old AUII Fairlane used to have cool air from the centre vents, and warm from the floor and outside vents.

Probably so you don't get warm air on your face making you drowsy.
Old 29-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #3
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah from centre only. Anyone else like that?

Old 30-06-2014, 11:12 AM   #4
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Same as my s1 lane.
Anti dry eyes and drowsy feature me thinks.
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2014, 01:15 PM   #5
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks mif73 and Gasolane for your inputs.

While on topic, is it possible to have the heater on with recirculated air but with the air con obviously turned off. Issue im having is i have the heater on (semi-auto) but the air is from the outside as everytime i want to do this with circulated air the air con turns on. Weird issue i know. Thats why i honestly hate this system and prefer the more simplier dials etc. Its my ony real gripe with the au and this car. Apart from that, i love it to bits. Like i have said before, i enjoy driving this thing around more than my xr8.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:45 PM   #6
xr6tjet
[AUT-747]

I get the same thing in mine. I think both blow cold though, every other mode works great!
xr6tjet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2014, 02:19 PM   #7
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8 007 View Post
Thanks mif73 and Gasolane for your inputs.

While on topic, is it possible to have the heater on with recirculated air but with the air con obviously turned off. Issue im having is i have the heater on (semi-auto) but the air is from the outside as everytime i want to do this with circulated air the air con turns on. Weird issue i know. Thats why i honestly hate this system and prefer the more simplier dials etc. Its my ony real gripe with the au and this car. Apart from that, i love it to bits. Like i have said before, i enjoy driving this thing around more than my xr8.
Easy mate.
if you hit the ac button again it will turn the compressor off.
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
This user likes this post:
Old 01-07-2014, 11:22 PM   #8
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

If you want to get rid of the cold air, cycle the vent setting to the demist + foot setting. Whether your A/C is on or not it'll settle at whatever temp you have set. Set your temp to whatever you are comfortable with and the climate control will do the rest. Just because your A/C is on doesn't mean it'll be cold. It conditions and de-humidifies the hair at whatever temp you set it at. Set it at 22c in summer when ambient temp is high and it'll blow cold. The same setting in winter when ambient is say 15c and it'll blow warm till it reaches the pre set 22c then hold it there.
Work with it and not against it and it'll be a pleasure to use as all climate control systems should be. Better than an unregulated A/C that will blow cold or hot and keep blowing cold or hot till you turn it up, down or off. Climate control - set and forget. I'll take it over regular A/C every time because when it's really hot or really cold your CC will make the car comfortable and keep it there so you don't need to keep playing with the settings to regulate the temp.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2014, 11:55 PM   #9
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
Climate control - set and forget. I'll take it over regular A/C every time because when it's really hot or really cold your CC will make the car comfortable and keep it there so you don't need to keep playing with the settings to regulate the temp.
Yep! And it keeps the aircon gas circulating through winter to keep the seals 'n stuff lubricated.

We had our old AUII barge for 7 years and never touched the aircon system.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:48 AM   #10
mif73
CNC fixer guy

I like to use climate control but i just dont want the compressor on all the time when not cooling as it uses more fuel and robs power.
i make sure it is run at least a few minutes each week to keep the seals wet and when i need to rapidly demist the windows (as you know the compressor comes on when the demist position is selected), and of course when it is stinking hot .

Some cars also engage the compressor when reverse gear is selected to keep the seals in good condition
which I think should be standard on all cars.

I think household refrigerated aircon units should be used at least once a month or so for the same reason.

Cheers guys.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:44 AM   #11
xr6tjet
[AUT-747]

just checked. that mode blows cold in your face and warm at your feet. I never use it but I thought my car was stuffed blowing cold and hot. good to know it's normal!
xr6tjet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2014, 01:50 PM   #12
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks fellas for all the input!!!!