Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-06-2015, 04:47 PM   #1
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default List Pricing For 2015 Ford PX Ranger MkII 4x2 and 4x4 Pick-up Confirmed for Australia

New technologies and driver assist technologies continue to cement Ranger’s reputation

The PX Ranger MkII continues to offer customers a choice of two efficient powertrains – 2.2-litre TDCi and 3.2-litre TDCi engines

PX Ranger MkII features a suite of safety and driver assist aides that are not currently available in a Toyota HiLux

MELBOURNE, 26 Jun., 2015
– Ford has announced recommended pricing for the broad-ranging 2015 PX Ranger MkII 4x2 and 4x4 lineup.

Customers will be able to choose between 37 different variants – 11 4x2 variants and 26 4x4 variants – in the PX Ranger MkII lineup.

The range entry 4x2 XL Single Cab Chassis 2.2-litre TDCi manual transmission is available at a Manufacturer’s List Price (MLP) of $27,390* and the capable six-speed manual XLT at $54,390*. The range tops out at the impressive 4x4 Wildtrak Double Cab Pick-up 3.2-litre TDCi six-speed automatic at $60,090* (MLP). The 2015 series range includes XL, XL Plus, XLS, XLT and Wildtrak.

The PX Ranger MkII range also features a suite of safety and driver assist aides that are not currently available in a Toyota HiLux. The Ford PX Ranger MkII will also have a higher maximum payload than the current Hilux.

“Apart from providing an extensive range of 4x2 and 4x4 models for just about any application, customers also have access to a range of advanced driver assist technologies like Adaptive Cruise Control + Forward Collision Warning and Lane Departure Warning and Lane Keep Assist, making the PX Ranger MkII a very smart choice,” Ford President and CEO Graeme Whickman said. “This level of technology was previously only seen on luxury European cars.

“PX Ranger MkII customers have the power of choice; from a 2.2-litre XL workhorse, right up to the popular 3.2-litre TDCi XLT series and premium 3.2-litre TDCi Wildtrak, which our customers love because it effortlessly combines week-day duties with the ability to become a versatile weekend leisure vehicle.”

With car-like levels of comfort and refinement, combined with the host of smart technologies, including SYNC connectivity, the 2015 Ranger is also very capable.
PX Ranger MkII 4x4 models continue with an electronic ‘shift-on-the-fly’ four-wheel drive system between high-ratio two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive on the move, electronic locking rear differential (available on selected models) Hill Descent Control and 3,500 kg towing capacity#. With an unsurpassed 800 mm water wading ability** in the Pick-up segment too, on 4x2 Hi-Rider and 4x4 models, this means Ranger can go just that little bit further.

The award-winning Ranger is well proven in the Australian marketplace, having just taken out Delivery magazine’s 2015 Ute of the Year against seven competitors. Delivery magazine judges hailed the Ranger for its features, powerful 3.2-litre TDCi engine and driveability.

Visually the 2015 PX Ranger MkII gains a refreshed, contemporary exterior while inside the cabin is even more car-like and inviting.
Among these features available within the 2015 PX Ranger MkII range are: Adaptive Cruise Control + Forward Collision Warning and Lane Departure Warning and Lane Keep Assist, Emergency Assistance, SYNC connectivity, WiFi hotspot, Hill Launch Assist, Hill Descent Control, Trailer Sway Control, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, cooled centre console, Dual Zone Climate Control and heated front seats.
The PX Ranger MkII range also comes with a wealth of new standard features, the most notable of which include:

- SYNC2 with a high-resolution 8-inch touchscreen (XLT and Wildtrak)
- Navigation with Traffic Management Channel (XLT and Wildtrak)
- Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS)
- Adjustable Speed Limiter
- Cable shift manual transmission
- Auto Stop/Start on manual transmission (4x2 Hi-Rider and 4x4 models)
- 230V Inverter (Double and Super Cab models)
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (XLT and Wildtrak)
- Projector headlamps (XLT and Wildtrak)
- Rear box illumination (when Sports Bar equipped)
- Dual colour 4.2” instrumentation screens (XLT and Wildtrak)

Emergency Assistance, which is standard across the range, is designed to deliver critical information directly to 000 operators, indicating that a Ford vehicle has been involved in an accident advising the vehicle’s GPS location before opening the line for hands-free communication with the vehicle occupants.

For 2015 XLT and Wildtrak customers will be able to option a Tech Pack, which features a reverse camera (standard on Wildtrak), Adaptive Cruise Control (including Forward Collision Alert, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keep Assist and Driver Impairment Monitor). The Tech Pack is $1,100^ on the XLT and $600^ on the Wildtrak.

Australia’s Product Development and Broadmeadows-based Design Centre took the lead in the design and development of the refreshed 2015 PX Ranger MkII. The acclaimed Pick-up is now sold in more than 180 countries.

RETAIL PRICING
The recommended Manufacturer List Prices (MLP)* for Ford Ranger and available options:

Model
Trans Recommended (MLP)*
4x2
XL Single Cab Chassis 2.2L MT $27,390
XL Single Cab Chassis 2.2L Hi Rider MT $30,890
XL Single Cab Chassis 2.2L Hi Rider AT $33,090
XL Single Cab Pick-up 2.2L MT $28,390
XL Super Cab Chassis 2.2L Hi-Rider AT $35,590
XLT Super Cab Pick-up 3.2L Hi-Rider AT $46,690
XL Double Cab Chassis 2.2L Hi-Rider AT $37,590
XL Double Cab Pick-up 2.2L Hi-Rider MT $36,390
XL Double Cab Pick-up 2.2L Hi-Rider AT $38,590
XLT Double Cab Pick-up 3.2L Hi-Rider MT $46,490
XLT Double Cab Pick-up 3.2L Hi-Rider AT $48,690

4x4
XL Single Cab Chassis 2.2L MT $38,790
XL Single Cab Chassis 3.2L MT $41,290
XL Single Cab Chassis 3.2L AT $43,490
XL Plus Single Cab Chassis 3.2L AT $46,480
XL Super Cab Chassis 3.2L MT $43,790
XL Super Cab Pick-up 3.2L MT $44,790
XLT Super Cab Pick-up 3.2L MT $52,390
XLT Super Cab Pick-up 3.2L AT $54,590
XL Double Cab Chassis 2.2L MT $43,290
XL Double Cab Chassis 2.2L AT $45,490
XL Double Cab Pick-up 2.2L MT $44,290
XL Double Cab Pick-up 2.2L AT $46,490
XL Double Cab Chassis 3.2L MT $45,790
XL Double Cab Chassis 3.2L AT $47,990
XL Plus Double Cab Chassis 3.2L AT $51,960
XL Double Cab Pick-up 3.2L MT $46,790
XL Double Cab Pick-up 3.2L AT $48,990
XL Plus Double Cab Pick-up 3.2L AT $52,960
XLS Double Cab Pick-up 2.2L MT $45,590
XLS Double Cab Pick-up 2.2L AT $47,790
XLS Double Cab Pick-up 3.2L MT $48,090
XLS Double Cab Pick-up 3.2L AT $50,290
XLT Double Cab Pick-up 3.2L MT $54,390
XLT Double Cab Pick-up 3.2L AT $56,590
Wildtrak Double Cab Pick-up 3.2L MT $57,890
Wildtrak Double Cab Pick-up 3.2L AT $60,090

Options Recommended MLP
(incl GST/LCT)^
Automatic Transmission $2,200
Prestige Paint $500
Steel Bull Bar (XL Plus only) $1,800
Tech Pack – XLT $1,100
- Reverse Camera
- Adaptive Cruise Control (including Forward Collision Alert, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keep Assist, Driver Impairment Monitor)

Tech Pack – Wildtrak $600
- Adaptive Cruise Control (including Forward Collision Alert, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keep Assist, Driver Impairment Monitor)

*This is the Manufacturer’s List Price for the vehicle only. Prices shown include GST/LCT. A number of other components, including a dealer delivery fee, stamp duty, registration, compulsory third party insurance and other statutory charges may be payable by a customer in relation to the purchase of this vehicle. The final transaction price will be as negotiated by the customer with their chosen Dealer.

^Recommended MLP only including GST and LCT. As always, the offer price of any vehicle is entirely at the discretion of the Dealer. Prices shown exclude Dealer delivery and statutory charges.

# Using genuine equipment and subject to State and Territory regulations.

** Maintaining a steady speed of 7km/h

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2015, 09:03 PM   #2
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: List Pricing For 2015 Ford PX Ranger MkII 4x2 and 4x4 Pick-up Confirmed for Australia

Bloody hell, a base auto 2.2litre 2wd single cab Ranger costs more than a Falcon ute now.

Going to miss local manufacturing!
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2015, 10:00 PM   #3
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Default Re: List Pricing For 2015 Ford PX Ranger MkII 4x2 and 4x4 Pick-up Confirmed for Australia

I hope they slow down on all this tech they're cramming into these things. They are off-road vehicles after all. Obviously a lot of that tech is quite suited but some seem over the top maybe.
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2015, 11:16 AM   #4
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Still no reverse camera for a 2015 model Ford? And am i right to say that the Features the Hilux does not have are only available as an option on the tops of the range? This is what will hurt Ford long term. Stop being cheap and equip the cars especially when the price is going up. I like the Ranger but for once would like to see Ford be ahead of the market across the board rather than doing the bare minimum. Make the tech pack standard across the range and really stick it to the competition and make the above marketing hot air a genuine statement. $55k for an XLT and you have to option a camera when a base model $20k Hyundai has it standard.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 27-06-2015, 12:02 PM   #5
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I hope they don't, come to my shop cause we will happily install a reverse camera for you
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-06-2015, 03:20 PM   #6
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
I hope they don't, come to my shop cause we will happily install a reverse camera for you
$250 installed ? Imagine how much it would cost Ford to install a camera - with their buying power probably $80 all up :-)
It will be interesting to see if Ranger does become no 1 selling ute in the country with this update.
SumoDog68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2015, 03:25 PM   #7
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
Bloody hell, a base auto 2.2litre 2wd single cab Ranger costs more than a Falcon ute now.

Going to miss local manufacturing!
And which one would be about 4 million times better to drive in 99 per cent of day to day driving.... Not the truck that's for sure.
Old 27-06-2015, 03:31 PM   #8
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx View Post
Still no reverse camera for a 2015 model Ford? And am i right to say that the Features the Hilux does not have are only available as an option on the tops of the range? This is what will hurt Ford long term. Stop being cheap and equip the cars especially when the price is going up. I like the Ranger but for once would like to see Ford be ahead of the market across the board rather than doing the bare minimum. Make the tech pack standard across the range and really stick it to the competition and make the above marketing hot air a genuine statement. $55k for an XLT and you have to option a camera when a base model $20k Hyundai has it standard.
Reverse camera is a perfect eg of a good tech that they need on these trucks. But when you look at what happens down the road with even "road driven only" cars, tech becomes an issue with failures very fast these days. And an off-road vehicle.....I see it as a big issue.
Look at the amount of recalls globally due to tech failures. Something like over half are due to tech failing. And seeing as last year the records for recalls in the U.S. For eg, were smashed, I think it's a fair point if your buying one of these Utes.
They should only go so far with the tech, then focus on the hard upgrades, like diffs, suspension, bash plates n so on.imho
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2015, 03:43 PM   #9
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

The tech pack was a silly thing to make as an option. Most people will want it so I hope dealers have the insight to order most of their stock with them fitted.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2015, 04:10 PM   #10
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoDog68 View Post
$250 installed ? Imagine how much it would cost Ford to install a camera - with their buying power probably $80 all up :-)
It will be interesting to see if Ranger does become no 1 selling ute in the country with this update.
Depends on what you want, I like the ECCO branded stuff which is a bit more expensive than the cheapo gear.

The thing that annoys me with the Ranger is the dash hasn't been designed with areas for extra switches in mind, once you start adding in extras it can get a little messy.
This user likes this post:
Old 27-06-2015, 05:30 PM   #11
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And Thailand was supposed to make vehicles cheaper!!!!!!
Comparison between 2016 Ranger>Hilux>Triton
http://www.caradvice.com.au/355792/2...nissan-navara/

Last edited by csv8; 27-06-2015 at 05:53 PM.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-06-2015, 05:47 PM   #12
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking Re: List Pricing For 2015 Ford PX Ranger MkII 4x2 and 4x4 Pick-up Confirmed for Australia

I wish someone would explain to me why I have pay $450-$600 extra for a colour other than white . Is not the white the same prestige paint ?. The whites and blacks of today , are no longer a flat , no depth finish , their finish , and depth are equal to any other numbers of colours , so , why are we being asked to pay extra for colour ?
Recently , GT , GT-F , it wouldn't have mattered what colour you choose , the price of colour wouldn't not have been a negotiated point , so why in the Ranger , Focus ?
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2015, 08:04 PM   #13
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd like to know why I'm forced to pay over $2000 for an auto.

Hear me out.

The Ranger is priced with the cost of a manual already factored in. If you order an auto they remove the manual and therefore they should remove the cost of that manual from the cost of the car. Then they put the auto in and the cost of the auto is added to the cost of the car. I struggle to believe an automatic transmission costs over two grand more than a manual transmission.

those in the know who know more than I do are more than welcome to prove me wrong!
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2015, 11:19 AM   #14
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"Ford has adopted a bold strategy by launching its revised Ranger ute priced from a significant premium to the previous model.

The manufacturer's cheapest Ranger is now $3650 more than its predecessor, and many other models have seen costs rise in line with new features.

At $27,390 plus on-road costs, the entry-level Ranger Ranger is priced above key rivals such as Mitsubishi's Triton, which is available from $24,490. Mitsubishi's cheapest four-wheel-drive double-cab model is listed from $36,990, $6300 less than the equivalent Ranger, while the equivalent Nissan Navara is around $3000 cheaper than its blue oval rival.

Prices for two-wheel-drive models saw the most significant changes, with cars such as the Ranger XL Single Cab auto or XL Double Cab auto increasing by $2350 and $1600 respectively.

Some all-wheel-drive models such as the manual XLS Double Cab remain unchanged, though others including the top-end Wildtrak now cost $700 more than before.

The double cab XLT four-wheel-drive workhorse now costs an extra $1200, while the Wildtrak has broken through the $60,000 barrier for the first time in automatic form, pricing it well above the $57,190 Holden asks for its new Colorado Z71.

Those models now feature an 8-inch touchscreen with satellite navigation along with dual colour 4.2-inch information screens, a tyre pressure monitoring system, projector headlamps and more.

Other models are now available with a stop-start fuel-saving system, 230 volt power inverter, electric power steering and a revised cable-shift manual transmission.

An optional tech pack with adaptive cruise control, forward collision alert, lane keeping assistance and other features is available as an option on XLT and Wildtrak models.

Ford Australia chief executive Graeme Whickman says "a range of advanced driver assist technologies" separates the Ranger from the crowd.

"This level of technology was previously only seen on European luxury cars," he says."
http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/f...26-ghym5f.html
Old 28-06-2015, 02:41 PM   #15
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just looking at the pics of updated Ranger and noticed one great improvement - headlights.
Gone are dual filament single H4s for high and low beam and you get separate gloves for high and low beam . Finally utilities are getting headlights they deserve - single globe arrangement normally being common on cheap cars.
SumoDog68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-06-2015, 02:52 PM   #16
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
and a revised cable-shift manual transmission.
[/url]
The PX did have an odd notchy/plastically feeling shift on the manuals, it didn't feel nice in your hands IMO.

I wonder if this was to address that issue or are they talking about ye olde cable clutch?

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 28-06-2015 at 03:07 PM.
Old 28-06-2015, 04:40 PM   #17
Binny

So if you want a dual cab 4x4 with Sync II and reversing camera the starting price is $55490 + ORC? They keep banging on about the "Tech" but you have to spend $60k to even get it. Yet this "tech" is standard across the range on Falcon and Mondeo.