Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 20-07-2015, 05:01 PM   #61
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: would he get me after 100km/h?

My mate has Walkinshaw pack and that was just under 270rwkws. Seems to be consistent with everywhere else I have read.

So he either more mods than he says or he is adding on GST twice Or would a hub dyno read that high?
Old 20-07-2015, 05:05 PM   #62
PHANTMXR6
It's not an FG MKI.......

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willing to help out with useful advice in the technical areas of the forum. 
Smile Re: would he get me after 100km/h?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
Whatever his claims I will still get away after 100km/h
The thread title is 'Re: would he get me after 100km/h?'

And you answer your question in one of your own posts............

Do you enjoy stirring the pot?

Want to know how to do an A Service for an FG XR6T?

Look in this http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11339404

Thinking of oil sampling your engine?

Have a look at this trend http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ght=oil+sample
3 users like this post:
Old 20-07-2015, 05:36 PM   #63
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASYBOSS View Post
In before the lock
The easiest way to find a Hulk thread is to search for the lock icon.
7 users like this post:
Old 20-07-2015, 05:50 PM   #64
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTMXR6 View Post
The thread title is 'Re: would he get me after 100km/h?'

And you answer your question in one of your own posts............

Do you enjoy stirring the pot?
From what the Holden owner said he's at 325rwkw... He might have meant 325hp at wheels.. But I would think 245rwkw would be on the low side for those mods.... Maybe.. Mods were only cat back, otr cold air and tune. It could be a 325kw package from that tuner perhaps (referring to engine output?)

If he was confused with kW/hp, he is seriously playing with fire thinking he could step into the ring with a 331rwkw xr6t... Like putting your hand in a hornets nest.

Of course I ask questions which "I think" I have the answer.. Doesn't everybody have some sort of position? Rarely does someone ask a question and have absolutely no clue about it. Usually they are looking to fill the blanks or get confirmation.
Old 20-07-2015, 05:59 PM   #65
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
From what the Holden owner said he's at 325rwkw... He might have meant 325hp at wheels.. But I would think 245rwkw would be on the low side for those mods.... Maybe.. Mods were only cat back, otr cold air and tune. It could be a 325kw package from that tuner perhaps (referring to engine output?)

If he was confused with kW/hp, he is seriously playing with fire thinking he could step into the ring with a 331rwkw xr6t... Like putting your hand in a hornets nest.

Of course I ask questions which "I think" I have the answer.. Doesn't everybody have some sort of position? Rarely does someone ask a question and have absolutely no clue about it. Usually they are looking to fill the blanks or get confirmation.
The problem with such questions like yours is they are all assumptions and guess work with too many variables to give a clear and conclusive answer. To wipe out all doubt you need to race at the track to debunk his attempt to belittle you and then report back with your time slips to prove your allegations of whipping him. End of thread

Why is that so hard to comprehend, or do you enjoy lacing your threads to illicit an argumentative response for your dramatic pleasure?

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
This user likes this post:
Old 20-07-2015, 06:00 PM   #66
HULK_I6T
Banned

That particular tuner seems to put out dyno sheets in horsepower rather than rwkw... But many years ago I tuned a ls1 at his shop and it was in kW, so who knows.

He has a dyno sheet for a stock ls3 of his website at 343rwhp so a tuned 6.0 with catback could be around that power at wheels suggesting the dyno is in hp not rwkw..

But I specifically asked him, horsepower? He says no kW ......

But I know that the boss5.4 was always better on the dyno than the ls1 (although boss was slower)... It was always very difficult to see 300rwkw with a boss5.4... Almost never.. Even the ls1 with their big aftermarket cam profiles were lucky to nudge 300rwkw.

But this guy in his 6.0 says catback, otr and tune for 325rwkw?? I dunno.

Those Holden blokes are a fickle bunch... But they need to be with xr6 turbos loose on the streets.

Last edited by HULK_I6T; 20-07-2015 at 06:06 PM.
Old 20-07-2015, 06:01 PM   #67
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Why people reply as they do really surprises me
The fact you are surprised when one of your BS, made up threads actually gets negative responses is what is surprising all of us
3 users like this post:
Old 20-07-2015, 06:02 PM   #68
sprint347dave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the Holden would kick the 6 cylinder falcons butt,,,and sound heaps better doing it.
This user likes this post:
Old 20-07-2015, 06:20 PM   #69
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Some threads are informative, some are educational.

Some are just a waste of bandwidth .

Closed