Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-07-2015, 06:17 AM   #1
4444chris4444
Starter Motor

Default AU dash cluster problems

my LCD screen in my dash has speedo displayed on it and the back lights don't work the globes are ok yet the heater control back lights work fine any one on here had this problem it's frustrating I can't see my speed, the back light on lcd screen works, and my clock won't keep time, is the problem my BCM?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (139.7 KB, 16 views)
4444chris4444 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2015, 04:50 PM   #2
Fyrestorm
Spanner Thrower

Default Re: AU dash cluster problems

First time I've ever seen "speed" come up on there, usually its base or fair. Diagnostics mode maybe? (Hold the trip meter pin down for 5-10seconds with the Reds lit. I think that's how you get out of it)

I'm guessing car starts/runs ?
Current Mods: Fairmont Cluster, LED's Changed to Purple, Lukey Competition Extractors, 2.5" Hi flow Cat, Hi-Stall Converter, ED Box with FG internals, AUIII VCT Fuel Rail + Injectors, F6 Fuel Regulator, Stereo upgrade, Aftermarket LPG.

Awaiting Wife Approval Mods:

TE50 Front Bar, AU Tickford/SR Interior, Roof Racks, Slimline Weathershields, 2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, 27mm Front Sway Bar, Other Shiny things!
Fyrestorm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2015, 04:57 PM   #3
4444chris4444
Starter Motor

It runs fine Iv tried the diagnostic mode all modes work apart from the speedo witch is number 4 I think, I disconnected the BCM and reconnected it and the speedo display was gone, Iv searched the forum and couldn't find anything
Old 23-07-2015, 05:23 PM   #4
Fyrestorm
Spanner Thrower

On the phone atm, I'll dig up the link When in front of the pc, but sounds like cluster diagnostic. I'm guessing the normal speedo doesn't work at all?
Current Mods: Fairmont Cluster, LED's Changed to Purple, Lukey Competition Extractors, 2.5" Hi flow Cat, Hi-Stall Converter, ED Box with FG internals, AUIII VCT Fuel Rail + Injectors, F6 Fuel Regulator, Stereo upgrade, Aftermarket LPG.

TE50 Front Bar, AU Tickford/SR Interior, Roof Racks, Slimline Weathershields, 2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, 27mm Front Sway Bar, Other Shiny things!
Old 23-07-2015, 05:26 PM   #5
4444chris4444
Starter Motor

All the gauges work fine apart from the back lights
Old 23-07-2015, 06:06 PM   #6
Fyrestorm
Spanner Thrower

Standard lights or aftermarket less? I accidentally burnt my control board in the cluster after I changed mine to UV leds. Had to pull the whole cluster apart to solder the break.

If you have a multimeter, get the cluster out, plug it all in And test the sockets to see if they are getting power. (I'd say check the 5a fuse marked "HEGO" but your heater controls are still lighting up.

Old 23-07-2015, 06:14 PM   #7
4444chris4444
Starter Motor

Standerd lights, all the fuses are ok