Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-10-2015, 02:43 PM   #31
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Good intentions gone wrong

One Saturday night about.. 8 or 9 years ago I was stopped at the Lights on Smith St motorway at Labrador with a few mates. Heard a rather large screech of tyres behind and then a rather large BANG from what I thought was a few cars back and the car behind me tapped into my tow ball (when I say tapped, I mean I barely felt it) which I thought was weird. Got out of the car to find that the car 2 cars back had ran into the back of old love behind me at speed and pushed her into me... I was going to just say don't worry about my car, no damage at all and leave her to deal with the other driver... It was then I realized the other driver (who had hit this lady pretty hard in her old corolla) was both angry and drunk (I could smell it on her).. the lady who was hit was in her 60's so I decided I would hang around and wait for the ladies husband and the emergency services to arrive to keep the drunk girl at bay (no major injuries, but the Towies, Police and Ambo's came) and give my details as a witness to the events. When they all turned up I got thanks from the Ladies husband which was nice, but being the guy I am I didn't expect anything more. I gave my details to the Police as a witness and went on my merry way to have what was a bloody great night... Thought nothing of it, and felt good for doing a good deed...

Anyway a few weeks later I get a letter from Suncorp Insurance (who insured the lady who was hit) advising me that I was at fault for the accident on XX Date and that I need to pay $15,000 in damages to fix their clients car or they would take the matter further. Needless to say I was more than a little angry at this and called them up to advise they had things wrong. I advised that Yes, I was involved in the incident but I was NOT the vehicle that caused any damage and that they get their **** together and get re-imbursment from the correct person, I was just down as a witness. After some stuffing around and finally getting a manager they advised me it was all a big mistake and that the wrong letter was sent to me and that no money was payable (damn right I said) All they wanted from me was a stat dec with my version of events to help them out, which I did and sent it back..

Was still a decent scare for a bloke who, at the time, was a full time student working 2 jobs...

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 23-10-2015, 02:58 PM   #32
Sioso
irregular member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
I would be pretty p***** too. Was there any mention of reimbursement for fuel or anything, or was it a thanks for using your car, your fuel, your time, K thanx bye....
No mention of any of that.
In hindsight I should have got on the brake as we left the motel and fishtailed gutter to gutter up the road - and been given an early mark
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-10-2015, 07:18 PM   #33
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I was a teenager I worked in a hardware store, a pretty hot chic bought a bag of sand, me being a sales assistant, y'know, my job was to assist
Me "Here, let me take this out and load it into the car for you"
Her "Nope, Im a big girl" *turns around and lugs the bag out to the car.
Now im all for supporting the independent woman, but she doesn't need to be a ****** about it.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 23-10-2015, 09:03 PM   #34
XG_Falcon

September 29 last year, it was raining cats and dogs. My missus' pulsar was at the dealership under warranty, so I loaned her my previous ED Fairmont. Long story short, the car has since transformed into a shed load of coke cans.

It wasn't her fault at all, a DH tourist didn't give way at the roundabout. At least she was ok.

Still... I miss that 'mont!
XG_Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post