Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-11-2015, 07:30 PM   #1
james0521

Exclamation Driving a FG XR8 on my green p's loophole?

Hiya I reside in the ACT for a majority of the time while holding a current nsw provisional p2 license Im not allowed to drive my XR8 in nsw as I would face having my car impounded and issued with very hefty fines however when I rang and asked ACT policing they said even if my license restrictions are Australia wide they cant stop me from driving a V8 as ACT p platers are allowed to drive any type of vehicle so no penalties even exist that they could issue me. I understand the insurance implication fyi

Does this sound right? Or did this officer just say what he thought was true?
james0521 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-11-2015, 07:32 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Driving a FG XR8 on my green p's loophole?

If you reside in ACT, try change your license over to theirs and problem adverted.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2015, 07:44 PM   #3
james0521

Thing is I need proof of address in the ACT but because of my work I move around the Canberra a lot and out of state (I leave my car at a relatives house) and drive my other car when out of state I found when I tried to change my license over to the ACT they made it extremely hard for me and refused Foxtel bills and general letters addressed to me, they wanted a letter from a Federal government department addressed to me residing in a permanent address in the ACT
Old 01-11-2015, 07:48 PM   #4
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0521 View Post
Thing is I need proof of address in the ACT but because of my work I move around the Canberra a lot and out of state (I leave my car at a relatives house) and drive my other car when out of state I found when I tried to change my license over to the ACT they made it extremely hard for me and refused Foxtel bills and general letters addressed to me, they wanted a letter from a Federal government department addressed to me residing in a permanent address in the ACT
Serious, it's that hard to change your address in the ACT?

I can't remember having any problem changing mine in NSW.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2015, 07:55 PM   #5
james0521

maybe they just don't want me
Old 01-11-2015, 08:01 PM   #6
minheim

What electoral role are you enrolled in? If not an ACT one then change it and your medicare card and ATO details.
minheim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2015, 08:05 PM   #7
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

I see on the RMS site for NSW if you have no documents to prove your address they have a form letter that can be signed by your employer showing your residential address, maybe the ACT has something similar.

EDIT:

This is a link to the ACT’s requirement for a driver’s licence when moving from another state.

Scroll down to Proof of Residency and it says a Pay Television account is accepted.

http://www.rego.act.gov.au/__data/as...s-23102015.pdf

Last edited by Express; 01-11-2015 at 08:12 PM.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2015, 12:18 AM   #8
MattSAU2XR8

A couple of other ways to get Federal letters assuming you actually have somewhere to stay in ACT:
- Call up and get a new medicare card
- Enrol to vote

And then to pad things out:
- Call your bank, notify them of address, and tell them you need your most recent statement mailed
- Call your pay office, notify them of address, and ask them for a pay slip to be mailed

Surely that would be enough to make them happy?
MattSAU2XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post