Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 21-12-2015, 01:30 PM   #61
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Casio G Shock Watches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Umm how is it BS, if the boss/owner/manager of the shop says to his staff don't change batteries on Casio watches make sure you send them to Casio?

Maybe they have had recurring issues of muppets returning Casio watches as they are no longer waterproof blaming the shop and wanting a new watch.
So a person returning a watch that has not had it's battery replaced properly is now a Muppet, so next time you return something that has not been done right, then it makes you a Muppet

I guess that analogy is similar to your previous gem where anyone with a more modern car than yours with better lighting is a bogan.

I would say the Muppet is the guy unable to do his job correctly.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 21-12-2015 at 01:46 PM.
Old 21-12-2015, 01:44 PM   #62
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
I'd imagine that this watch would be worn by people who wear a watch for pose value but not for telling the time.
Similar to those people who also drive with their Cornering/fog lights on 24/7 and wear white framed sunglasses, as it just screams 'Look at Moi'
It's a women's watch, so I am guessing most women's watches/jewellery/handbags/clothing are for fashion value.

Not really sure how a women's watch/fashion accessories relates to driving with foglight on (which is illegal), some people have very strange thought processes on this forum.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 21-12-2015, 01:49 PM   #63
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
It's a women's watch, so I am guessing most women's watches/jewellery/handbags/clothing are for fashion value.

Not really sure how a women's watch/fashion accessories relates to driving with foglight on (which is illegal), some people have very strange thought processes on this forum.
Read the bottom line. Where it lays "similar to" and 'look at Moi"
Old 21-12-2015, 02:15 PM   #64
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
I'm in the market for a new watch and had a look at the G Shock range at a local jeweler, and I must say that I like the idea of the tough case and recessed glass I just found most of them too busy to look at and hard to read at a glance. I looked through the catalog to try and find one I liked but couldn't find one that suited. The clincher for me was the fact that you can't fit an elasticated band to any of them. I prefer an elasticated bend for a number of reasons not least of which is the ability to slip my watch on and off quickly.

Have a look at these watches. 4 years and still going strong. Only work watch that has lasted that long. http://shop.luminox.com/?gclid=CKX4_...FYqPHwodMCkFfA
Old 21-12-2015, 03:31 PM   #65
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So a person returning a watch that has not had it's battery replaced properly is now a Muppet, so next time you return something that has not been done right, then it makes you a Muppet

I guess that analogy is similar to your previous gem where anyone with a more modern car than yours with better lighting is a bogan.

I would say the Muppet is the guy unable to do his job correctly.
Are you serious?

The shop says you must send it away to pressure test at a cost of $60 to do the job properly!

Watch shops, even jewelers, do not pressure test them when you only pay $15 dollars and wait 10 minutes to change a battery, they send them away to get done properly. Therefore the shop is correct to refuse the work, unless they send it away.

And yes you are a muppet, if you are dumb enough to not take the advice given by the watch shop, and go around the corner to save yourself $40 bucks by not sending it away and then start complaining when it did not work out for you.

Not sure what LED lights has to do with watches, but hey whatever....
Old 21-12-2015, 04:17 PM   #66
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Hi fellow muppets and others.... I had a Citizen divers watch that had to be sent back to Citizen when it needed batteries... Because by then it also needed new seals to keep it dry and the warranty going... the local battery exchange was not certified or qualified to do this work. Enjoy your time pieces as I have stopped diving and now rely on a smart phone....
Old 21-12-2015, 04:27 PM   #67
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Are you serious?

The shop says you must send it away to pressure test at a cost of $60 to do the job properly!

Watch shops, even jewelers, do not pressure test them when you only pay $15 dollars and wait 10 minutes to change a battery, they send them away to get done properly. Therefore the shop is correct to refuse the work, unless they send it away.

And yes you are a muppet, if you are dumb enough to not take the advice given by the watch shop, and go around the corner to save yourself $40 bucks by not sending it away and then start complaining when it did not work out for you.

Not sure what LED lights has to do with watches, but hey whatever....
I remember having a seiko sports 100 in the 80s. Same deal. If you wanted it guaranteed not to leak it required testing at a much higher price.

Or you could elect to get the batteries changed without testing and just not swim with it. Easier to just not swim with it.
Old 21-12-2015, 05:19 PM   #68
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wonder how they would pressure test a watch after replacing a battery??

If it was a divers watch and I actually went diving it might be something to consider, wearing a watch to work (and I am not a deep sea diver) I personally can't see the point for $100-150 watch that is 2-4 years old already by the time batteries need replacing.

Not my problem I guess,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
Have a look at these watches. 4 years and still going strong. Only work watch that has lasted that long. http://shop.luminox.com/?gclid=CKX4_...FYqPHwodMCkFfA
They look interesting, but not cheap either.

I think 4 years is a good start but my Seiko at half the price lasted 7 years of daily wearing (don't think I ever took it off, even in hot spa's, natural hot springs and saunas, swimming etc), only stopped wearing it as the battery finally ran out and have recently bought my g shock as a replacement.

I think I will be happy if the G Shock lasts half as long as the Seiko has, will probably replace the battery in my Seiko next time I feel like it.

It is now safely back in it's original box:

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 21-12-2015, 07:27 PM   #69
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by olfella View Post
Hi fellow muppets and others.... I had a Citizen divers watch that had to be sent back to Citizen when it needed batteries... Because by then it also needed new seals to keep it dry and the warranty going... the local battery exchange was not certified or qualified to do this work. Enjoy your time pieces as I have stopped diving and now rely on a smart phone....
Smart phones don't like scuba diving olfella..
Touch screen also refuses to work with salty fingered gloves
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 21-12-2015, 07:42 PM   #70
olfella
Cranky old bastard

You could put them in a zip plastic bag and take calls... then use it in the spa, sauna or even doing laps
Old 21-12-2015, 09:08 PM   #71
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I have that exact same watch.. When I bought it, it said Genuine stock, complete with certification.. Everything looked good, even the cert... though it was dated 2 months in the future haha. Thankfully it was cheap.
Old 21-12-2015, 09:25 PM   #72
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBourne View Post
I have that exact same watch.. When I bought it, it said Genuine stock, complete with certification.. Everything looked good, even the cert... though it was dated 2 months in the future haha. Thankfully it was cheap.
How much is cheap?? I think I paid around $200 for mine, I am guessing it was genuine, has the certificate, warranty etc etc.

Had a good run out of it, and I still like it, still looks pretty good, and the photo does not really do it justice.

I am not a huge watch fan as such, but I have pretty much always worn one, and prefer it to looking at my smart phone, people spend too much time staring at those things and I don't always like pulling it out of my pocket when I have my hands full, that's how they get broken.

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 21-12-2015, 10:00 PM   #73
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think I paid around $90 or $100.. was a few years ago now.

I love my watches. Sure a phone tells the time, so does just about every bit of electronic gear around you at any given time, but I just prefer using a watch.
Old 22-12-2015, 02:56 AM   #74
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Wonder how they would pressure test a watch after replacing a battery??

If it was a divers watch and I actually went diving it might be something to consider, wearing a watch to work (and I am not a deep sea diver) I personally can't see the point for $100-150 watch that is 2-4 years old already by the time batteries need replacing.

Not my problem I guess,

They look interesting, but not cheap either.

I think 4 years is a good start but my Seiko at half the price lasted 7 years of daily wearing (don't think I ever took it off, even in hot spa's, natural hot springs and saunas, swimming etc), only stopped wearing it as the battery finally ran out and have recently bought my g shock as a replacement.

I think I will be happy if the G Shock lasts half as long as the Seiko has, will probably replace the battery in my Seiko next time I feel like it.

i had a seiko very similar to that, 6 months and a hilti hammer grabbed and slammed the watch into a wall. the luminox is next level, carbon pvc case, double sealed case back and crown, plexiglass glass and iridium tubes for lumination, shock would be my next choice then a seiko orange monster
Old 22-12-2015, 04:19 AM   #75
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

The seiko my mum bought me for my 21st birthday lasted 11 years of daily wear under all kinds of unpleasant conditions before the band failed.....

Bought a new seiko to replace it

Really should send the old one off for a service, new battery and glass.....

Still eyeing off my dads sea dweller though....
Old 22-12-2015, 11:59 AM   #76
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking Re: Casio G Shock Watches

Just ordered my son's Xmas present online direct from Casio in Glen Waverley. Ordered the GA 100CM - 5 in Camo and whilst on line received a $20 discount with next day delivery. It was a better deal than I found in any of the retail stores . I hope he likes it.
Old 22-12-2015, 12:24 PM   #77
Honest Gaza

I have one of the Casio G-Mix watches (bluetooth connectivity to Android music). Great watch except for the light function which is next to useless. Very bright, but can't for the life of me identify the time in the dark
Old 22-12-2015, 02:10 PM   #78
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thread has trailer bearings
2 users like this post:
Old 22-12-2015, 05:47 PM   #79
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If you have nothing intelligent to add, apart from some poor quality trolling how about you **** off out of my thread.
im currently muchly intelligence overloaded with the pics of said same watch posted three times on previous page

love the phone cover

cant wait for updates when your sweaty wrist scabs out all in the name of cheap battery replacement and posts a sook

try here

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11444973
2 users like this post:
Old 22-12-2015, 05:54 PM   #80
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

This thread has exceeded any usefulness quotient it may have had. Locked.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Closed Thread