Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-02-2016, 10:26 AM   #9
stuart

Default Re: Auto dipping kerbside mirrors in MD Mondeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungfritz View Post
Ah nice, I didn't know our models come with that. If I recall correctly, if you look in YouTube in the Ford technology section, it's a Window defrogger/defroster function designed for colder climates.
Once you press the button, its supposed to melt the ice and defog your windscreen in a matter of minutes, and alleviates the need to go out with a scraper after parking your car to clear the windscreen.
I had this feature on my MC wagon in Germany. It was great since my parking area was in the open but off the street. Those icy and snowy mornings were a bit of a challenge at times since you still had to get in the car (with iced up door seals and snow falling from the roof into the door/onto the seat) to start the engine and press the windscreen heater button. The new features coming with remote start/control via Iphone should help with that one.
MA TDCi Mondeo sedan
AU Fairmont sedan
EL Futura sedan
EF Futura wagon
XD 4 Ltr sedan
stuart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post