Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-05-2016, 10:32 AM   #31
Patty

Default Re: Anyone tried this drive in car photo booth studio in Melbourne?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
Where does it does it say that they clean the car for you in that price? The pics you posted up are not of the same exact car. At no stage did I say the studio photos were just as good as photos taken at home. I just don't see the value of spending that sort of money to receive that sort quality.

Also why on earth would you take photos of your car at home and not clean it first.

Mate, I tend to give everyone a fair go around here. I never attacked what you said. Please don't call my post another illogical point. If you want to pick an argument with me happy to discuss it over PM.
Mate I can't argue with if you are going to focus on the wrong points. First of all my example of the photos is near enough to the same car, both White VF SS wagons.... Why you are focusing on the fact they aren't the exact same care is irrelevant to the argument. The point I raised is quality of pics. The first two studio ones are high res, clean car, good angles = professional and look great. The last two are blurry, bushes in the way, just a simple home job by someone who doesn't know better. Which car ad will look more attractive? 99.999% of the public will click on the professional pics over the crappy pics everyday of the week.

AND THAT's my argument, that for the average person, spending a small amount to get the right pic because they don't have the know how or inclination to figure it out on their own is money well spent. It may not suit you as you may know how to detail your car and take the right shot without reflections and that's your taste. But you aren't the average person as cars are your passion and you put in the effort yourself.
Patty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2016, 02:11 PM   #32
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Those studio photos show a lot of warts on the various cars, the paint, the panel fit and shape mismatching. The lighting is hopeless as it shows up the issues in those cars. Not all, but many of the cars in the gallery.

I would not use those studio photos to advertise my cars. Its much better having the photos taken outside with suitable background scenery.

As mentioned there are photographers here in AFF who have shown what they can do, they take far better photos outside. I have one name in my mind right now, but wont mention it here.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2016, 04:36 PM   #33
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Price seems alright considering the outcome IMO. You could certainly find a professional who could take a much better photo, for a much much higher price if you really wanted to.

I'm actually a bit mad that I didn't think of it myself. Maybe I should open one here in Brisbane - might curb the outrageous lowballs I constantly get for my photography services at the same time....

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: