Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 22-06-2016, 12:41 PM   #1
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default LW Focus - alarm only in ST?

A bit of a strange question- I was wondering if in the current shape Focus the ST is the only version with the factory alarm fitted?
murcod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2016, 09:26 AM   #2
marko
Marko

Default Re: LW Focus - alarm only in ST?

I wouldn't think so. All have central locking and immobilisers etc, so you would think an alarm would be fitted.
Lock the car with the window down, then reach inside and unlock and open. You'll soon find out!
Old 23-06-2016, 10:56 AM   #3
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From everything I've found it appears only the ST (and probably the new RS) has the alarm. I'm after some parts, but they're hard to find at wreckers when it appears only the ST has the alarm.
Old 23-06-2016, 01:51 PM   #4
stig_3754

When you turn off the engine does a message ever appear in your cluster asking about de-activating Interior Scan?
stig_3754 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2016, 11:26 AM   #5
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No.

I've actually got a 2016 Kuga Titanium with no alarm - a lot of the Focus parts are interchangeable (same BCM, same bonnet latch- only I've got a useless piece of plastic plugged in where the bonnet alarm switch should be!)

The full alarm with back up siren and interior detectors is standard on all UK Kuga's. I'm not sure if the interior motion detectors are the same shape as the Focus ST overhead console trim piece, however I know I've got the wiring there for it. There are also software changes required but that can be done.

Does the Focus interior sensor look like the pic below (ignoring the centre button section which is a separate component?)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8019f64s-960.jpg (126.8 KB, 10 views)
Old 24-06-2016, 11:30 AM   #6
marko
Marko

Yeah I think it does from memory (sold mine in Jan).
Out of curiosity, would it be cheaper/easier to get an aftermarket alarm fitted considering the technology with them these days?

Sent from the Bat-phone
Old 24-06-2016, 11:47 AM   #7
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From my research I can get a basic alarm operating off the door and bonnet switches by adding the bonnet switch and doing a software change. The wiring is already there and the USA Escapes (Kuga equivalent) have an alarm system with exactly the same configuration using the switches and standard horn. The BCM software caters for both alarm systems.

My Kuga appears to have all the wiring in place, so to me that is simpler and I'll be using all factory parts. At this stage I'm just aiming for the basic alarm.

Here's another picture of that sensor-if anyone with an ST could see if it's the same :
Old 24-06-2016, 03:36 PM   #8
jase_elxr8

yeah they look like the same ultrasonics that are in the ST.
jase_elxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2016, 07:00 PM   #9
jase_elxr8

Whilst I remember too as it came to mind whilst driving home. The ST also has red LEDs off the sunglasses holder console for the submarine/ambient lighting.
jase_elxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2016, 02:28 PM   #10
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks. I was in at a Ford dealer this morning but I couldn't find any Focus ST's to look at. I think my Kuga has the red LED's and it has the Ambient lighting. The overseas parts listings I've found give different part numbers for the ST and Kuga interior movement sensor panel - so I want to check one out closely before ordering anything else. I'm not sure if my panoramic sunroof makes a difference either (size wise) to the front overhead console.

Out of interest, the part numbers for the Focus ST bonnet latch are " BM5A 16700 BG ", " CV6Z-1700-B " and " 5 236 243 ". Ford Australia only reference it by the first number as the parts guy couldn't find anything under the other two (which are more commonly used overseas.) There are also after market copies available, I wanted to stick with the genuine Ford item as hopefully the microswitch is higher quality and sealed better.
Old 25-06-2016, 05:29 PM   #11
JVC063

The ST unit in my ST is black in colour not grey as in picture.
JVC063 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2016, 06:16 PM   #12
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That could be the difference, plus I don't think I've got the additional red LED's you mentioned (I was thinking of my Kizashi.)

I'll have to track down an ST in a car yard.