Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-07-2016, 01:53 PM   #31
Trump
bitch lasagne

Default Re: Advise about insurance claim needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty View Post
Good to hear it's all sorted. It's unfortunate that you were inconvenienced for a month. I disagree with your comment about most dealer cars having brake issues. I've never bought a car from a dealership that has had brake issues. All reputable dealerships have to comply to strict compliance rules and won't be able to sell an unroadworthy car. If you find you bought a car that is unroadworthy and the brakes aren't up to scratch then the dealer has to pay to fix it. PLus you get the statutory 12 months warranty on the car as well.
Statutory warranty on used cars that are less than 10 years old and have less than 160,000km is three months/5000km (whichever occurs first).

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2016, 02:25 PM   #32
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Advise about insurance claim needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty View Post
Good to hear it's all sorted. It's unfortunate that you were inconvenienced for a month. I disagree with your comment about most dealer cars having brake issues. I've never bought a car from a dealership that has had brake issues. All reputable dealerships have to comply to strict compliance rules and won't be able to sell an unroadworthy car. If you find you bought a car that is unroadworthy and the brakes aren't up to scratch then the dealer has to pay to fix it. PLus you get the statutory 12 months warranty on the car as well.
I think you will find that the warranty varies down to 30 days if the vehicle is over 100k and under120k where the there is no warranty
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post