Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-10-2016, 06:22 PM   #31
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: Rare 40th Anniversary BF GT destroyed in Perth garage fire

Going on the prices in car sales ... the QLD owners have been out in the sun a bit too long by the looks of it. More than those GTs going on the kays as well.

And if you are trying to sell a vehicle that is $40K overpriced .... it'd be advisable to take a photo with something other than a iPotato ... and maybe more than 5 pictures as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-10-2016, 07:28 PM   #32
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunter View Post
For what it's worth, I know of one that was sold up Qld way for no more than $40k (know the guy). It was a couple of years ago, so may not be relevant to the above, however just FYI.

Also there's an old link on Autotrader from around 2013 that had one advert for sub $40k.

In saying that, if it was a low klm and in great and original condition car, I would have thought them worth a little more than $40k. But I wouldn't sell my TS50 for $40k let alone $100k, so my opinion (and possibly the owners on Carsales) may be a little biased.
Possible that some may have sold in that region in the past, but is that the value?? Me thinks not, based on agreed value policies and the like.

My parts getter XB GS Ute is insured for 40K agreed value, would I sell it for 40K, probably not, can I get another one in similar condition for 40K?? May be if I can find one and the owner wants to sell, but most likely not. Would I feel compensated with a 40K pay out?? Yes and no, it would keep the missus happy but would probably take me years and more money to build another one if I had the heart and motivation to do so which I probably would not have.

Would I take 40K for an BF GT 40th with low KM's, no I certainly would not. If I was desperate and over a barrel, and needed to sell this week to keep a roof over my kids head, I probably would given a total lack of alternatives

The suggestion was made that the owner would be lucky if he got a 40K payout, which I think he would be devastated as where will he buy another one for 40K?? I can't see any for sale.

I would say and hope is insurance value would be well above 40K.

Going by redbook a XB Coupe factory 351 is only worth 25K when rusted out shells sell for that these days, so not really a credible price guide for enthusiasts cars.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2016, 08:13 PM   #33
Trump
bitch lasagne

Agreed value in insurance policies has no bearing on market prices.

Not only that, just because the examples on carsales at the moment are priced as they are doesn't mean they will sell for that. For all we know, the ads may have been up for quite a while. For example there's a 2006 BMW 530i on carsales that's been up for over two years. It was there when I saw the ad for my one (and I bought it just on two years ago).

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-10-2016, 08:24 PM   #34
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
I am guessing this is the one, it's factory stock with no mods, not sure where you read that it has been modified or build up?

Has factory option bluetooth fitted, bit that's a tick on the order sheet, not a modification.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...D-154076/?Cr=0
The add is for a unmodified example with 98 KM on the clock. If you watch the news doco the guys lad said they had spent some time building up the burnt one.

Cheers Ryan
bionic2006xr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2016, 12:07 AM   #35
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
Agreed value in insurance policies has no bearing on market prices.

Not only that, just because the examples on carsales at the moment are priced as they are doesn't mean they will sell for that. For all we know, the ads may have been up for quite a while. For example there's a 2006 BMW 530i on carsales that's been up for over two years. It was there when I saw the ad for my one (and I bought it just on two years ago).
Yes but again you miss the point, it was suggested that the owner should be happy with a 40K payout for his vehicle, all I suggested was that he would hopefully had a lot more cover as he would not be able to replace his vehicle.

It's irrelevant how long the adds have been up, and realistically that is the proof that owners of these cars are not willing to part with their vehicle unless they get the money they want. If someone came and offered me 40K for my BF 40th GT I would laugh at them I would not even bother speaking to them till they started getting into the 70plus K region even then it's not for sale.

It's like me saying phase 3's are overpriced and offering an owner 50K for a mint example, it's unlikely he will even speak to me, but then again even at 50K I would personally not really be interested in owning a phase 3 value aside they do nothing for me, at a car show I generally walk straight past the rows of XY GT's etc.

If you want to own an Anniversary GT you must come up with enough money to convince a current owner to hand over the keys, otherwise you can buy a Cobra for high 30's, they don't make any more and the people that own them get to decide how much coin it takes for them to hand over the keys.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 08-10-2016, 04:58 PM   #36
351fly

I have just picked up a BF GT 40th anniversary with 23000klms in very good condition for under $40,000, they are there if you look.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:34 PM   #37
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Ha,BF GT circa 70g. Tell Em, he's dreaming.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2016, 05:35 PM   #38
STEALTHY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fly View Post
I have just picked up a BF GT 40th anniversary with 23000klms in very good condition for under $40,000, they are there if you look.
/thread
STEALTHY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2016, 05:37 PM   #39
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

If old mate gets the payout. He can go and buy a real GT. Instead of the plastic fantastic crap.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2016, 07:16 PM   #40
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fly View Post
Looks like you got yourself a bargain. a lot of car for that sort of $$$

So is it insured for less than 40K??

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf6 View Post
If old mate gets the payout. He can go and buy a real GT. Instead of the plastic fantastic crap.
It is/was a real GT, a very rare anniversary GT at that, guess there will be no more anniversary GT's after yesterday

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 08-10-2016, 08:44 PM   #41
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

While I agree, a link should be provided as evidence to back the argument (you know make a claim, back it or concede), I also believe that this is getting a bit OT.

They may not be "worth" 100k, they are the current for sale prices, & if people are buying them, good luck to them. Let's leave it at that.

Some bloke lost his pride & joy, let's join in a minutes silence, and ask for the grace of gOd it doesn't happen to anyone else.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2016, 10:45 PM   #42
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

It would be appreciated if XB GS 351 Coupe and Stefan could take their ongoing personal vendetta to PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 01:47 AM   #43
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I'm sure the guy will forget all about his 40th if he did in fact get a $100k payout. For that money, he could buy a GT-F, or 2 regular FGX XR8's, or an XR8 Sprint and a BF GTP, or a used R35 GTR, C63, M3, etc., his options are endless. The BF is a 10 year old car, and will probably need another 20 years before it may appreciate in value (hardly guaranteed).

Talking about low volume FPV's, most sellers are dreamers with some of the numbers being asked. I couldn't sell my 09 5th Anniversary GT for low 30's (which I thought was a reasonable ask), and that was one of the rarest FPV's (1 of 200).

It's good to be passionate here, but the reality is, nobody knows what will happen to future Ford / FPV values. If they were guaranteed to appreciate, I'd be refinancing my house and buying up all I could, but I wouldn't be so idiotic ... it's a car. I'm sure all those talking about FPV future values on here would never put their money where their mouth is either and stock up on FPV's
MY18 Black WRX STi Spec-R
Previous:
'16 White FGX XR8
'09 Black FG FPV GT 5th Anniversary
'04 Blueprint BA XR8
'97 Mocha Foam EL Fairmont

Last edited by M&Ms; 09-10-2016 at 01:55 AM.
M&Ms is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 16-10-2016, 10:16 AM   #44
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...4290573/?Cr=56

There is another for $45k and if you flashed the cash then you would get one for under 40 without trying to hard.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2016, 01:51 PM   #45
STEALTHY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post

There is another for $45k and if you flashed the cash then you would get one for under 40 without trying to hard.
Very misleadig post is very misleading!
Old 16-10-2016, 04:04 PM   #46
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunter View Post
For what it's worth, I know of one that was sold up Qld way for no more than $40k (know the guy). It was a couple of years ago, so may not be relevant to the above, however just FYI.

Also there's an old link on Autotrader from around 2013 that had one advert for sub $40k.

In saying that, if it was a low klm and in great and original condition car, I would have thought them worth a little more than $40k. But I wouldn't sell my TS50 for $40k let alone $100k, so my opinion (and possibly the owners on Carsales) may be a little biased.
Thats like saying PH3 HO was only $7200 new.The old prices you are quoting are totaaly irrelevent
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2016, 09:48 PM   #47
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post

That is not a 40th anniversary GT, it's a Cobra, they regularly sell for around 20-30K less than a GT 40th due to oversupply I would say.

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 16-10-2016, 09:54 PM   #48
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&Ms View Post
I'm sure the guy will forget all about his 40th if he did in fact get a $100k payout. For that money, he could buy a GT-F, or 2 regular FGX XR8's, or an XR8 Sprint and a BF GTP, or a used R35 GTR, C63, M3, etc., his options are endless. The BF is a 10 year old car, and will probably need another 20 years before it may appreciate in value (hardly guaranteed).
That's provided he wants one of those other cars, but if he wants a GT40th then no point looking at these others, really irrelevant to be honest.

For any car you can buy another car, but when I was in the market to buy my XB ute, I was looking at XB ute's not BA Ute's that are newer and I could have bought for less. Imagine what a Phase three buyer could buy for the $$$ but pretty sure he wants a 45 year old phase three not a GTF.

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 16-10-2016 at 10:17 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:44 PM   #49
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here is what GT 40th GT's are all about, 10 years old this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7O5ioFLJUk&t=57s

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 02-01-2017, 11:05 PM   #50
Hazzaman
Starter Motor

I love my BF Cobra.

As I'm sure those that have 40th Anniversary GT's love their cars.

I bought my Cobra to drive and enjoy. I'm the only one that has to be happy with what I paid for it. And as far as what it will be worth 10 years down the road, I'm not losing any sleep over it.

If we all were the same and wanted to own / drive the same cars, it would be a very sad world!
Hazzaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2017, 08:42 AM   #51
STEALTHY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzaman View Post
I love my BF Cobra.

As I'm sure those that have 40th Anniversary GT's love their cars.

I bought my Cobra to drive and enjoy. I'm the only one that has to be happy with what I paid for it. And as far as what it will be worth 10 years down the road, I'm not losing any sleep over it.

If we all were the same and wanted to own / drive the same cars, it would be a very sad world!
A cars value is only important to someone who buys a car as an investment. And someone who buys a car as an investment is a moron!

Personally, a 40th GT was never on my radar for some reason, even though i love rare cars.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2017, 09:06 AM   #52
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
Here is what GT 40th GT's are all about, 10 years old this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7O5ioFLJUk&t=57s
G'day.. Thanks for the link ..That was fun to watch...Awesome car , stating the bloomin' obvious..
Here's another fun clip that leads up to the 2007 BF GT...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS67N6gFAGw .. As a proud as I am being an owner of an XR 6...I am totally gone for GT's...I LOVE THE FALCON GT..
The BF 40 th Anniversary one was beautiful...
I bet that if Ford had lasted one more year , this year 2017 would have seen a 50th Anniversary one.. I'd like to think so anyway..Cheers Rod..
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post