Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-11-2017, 05:10 PM   #271
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FG wagon - what would it have been?

They are doing a good job of capitalising on the fact it's an SUV version of the very successful Ranger - and I think that's what is helping the strong growth it's seeing.

Ford got it right with the advertising, marketing, pricing & trim levels with the Everest - (perhaps it was the Aussie development that helps too) - more so than what Toyota seem to be doing with the Hilux based Fortuner - no more evident than seeing the prices slashed by some $5K recently - and it hasn't been around long.

It makes you wonder what could have been if a similar amount of effort (and a bit of luck?) was put back into the Territory? When the ads were pumping, sales were fantastic.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-11-2017, 07:56 PM   #272
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye84 View Post
Rough as guts, but heres my interpretation of a G6E Turbo wagon
If they made this I'd have one in my driveway instead of my VF Calais V8
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2017, 11:53 PM   #273
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthin' fancy View Post
Ford would never have produced a design so integrated in the cargo space.

Look at how the cargo window is separated from the passenger cabin and the clunky design of the C pillar.

Lol, the only reason I bought my BF3 was because being Silhouette the 'C' pillar blended with the dark tint, I hate the look of the falcon wagon in any other colour because of it.
I love my wagon though, does everything I ask of it, Adelaide-Sydney return for $265 of LPG and on Saturday I picked up the 18'8" Roadstar Voyager 2000 van (Tandem 1550kg Tare) my Son bought and didn't even notice it was behind me.

Last edited by BENT_8; 02-11-2017 at 11:58 PM.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-11-2017, 01:04 AM   #274
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
So having the number one 4x4 ute and sportscar, and number 2 medium car is dead in almost every category is it?
Maybe YTD figures are different, but for Sept (http://www.caradvice.com.au/589141/s...vehicle-sales/), Ford was leader in only 2 (out of 12) segments, and wasn't top 3 in ANY of the others. It hovers between 5th and 10th in most segments, and moves volumes that are a mere fraction of the segment leaders.

Maybe its deliberate, profit over volume, that's their call. But when you don't see many on the road (which is the way things are heading), does the brand pop into your head next time you think of purchasing? Toyota don't exactly build market-leading cars, yet continue to make a mockery of most other brands... seeing them everywhere must surely be a factor?
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2017, 03:21 PM   #275
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Maybe YTD figures are different, but for Sept (http://www.caradvice.com.au/589141/s...vehicle-sales/), Ford was leader in only 2 (out of 12) segments, and wasn't top 3 in ANY of the others. It hovers between 5th and 10th in most segments, and moves volumes that are a mere fraction of the segment leaders.

Maybe its deliberate, profit over volume, that's their call. But when you don't see many on the road (which is the way things are heading), does the brand pop into your head next time you think of purchasing? Toyota don't exactly build market-leading cars, yet continue to make a mockery of most other brands... seeing them everywhere must surely be a factor?
Yet profits are right up. Ford have abandoned the sales at all cost BS that Hyundai and others go for.

And I think there is an error in the medium class cause the C Class is in a different category to Mondeo/Camry etc. It's in the medium over 60k category. Cause Mondeo is 3rd in medium, but it has been as high as 2nd recently.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2017, 04:08 PM   #276
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
And I think there is an error in the medium class cause the C Class is in a different category to Mondeo/Camry etc. It's in the medium over 60k category. Cause Mondeo is 3rd in medium, but it has been as high as 2nd recently.
I can't see that they took price into the totals, otherwise the Mustang wouldn't have been in the same category as Mercedes and BMW
Old 05-11-2017, 07:52 PM   #277
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2nd in medium segment is like when you are playing Monopoly and you get the Second in a Beauty contest chance card. Medium segment is deader than the large car segment. When C Class which is luxury wipes the floor with them, something is going on with medium lower price segment. That something is nothing. All hail Camry.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:10 PM   #278
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Yet profits are right up. Ford have abandoned the sales at all cost BS that Hyundai and others go for.
something so many fail to grasp.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: