Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 24-03-2020, 05:36 PM   #1
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Your Govt might want to take a look at how we are getting through this in NZ, Total lock down of all the country from midnight tomorrow for a month, all employees qualify for $585 per week x12, issued in one lump plus a six month mortgage/interest freeze if you require. They are also talking about offering business loans over three years to keep them afloat, not a fan of Jacinda and co but they seem to be handling this well.
Old 24-03-2020, 05:43 PM   #2
zipping
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Although in regards to my above post there is/maybe some good data coming out of the US

https://twitter.com/AdamMilstein/sta...41027324301312
Old 24-03-2020, 05:50 PM   #3
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

I can't find any information regarding what I need to do driving back to Adelaide from the NT next week. SAPOL and other government websites are not very helpful at all. All I want to know is whether I can travel all the way home to self isolate or if I'm required to stop at the first roadhouse with accommodation or town and spend my 14 days?
Old 24-03-2020, 06:08 PM   #4
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahh View Post
I can't find any information regarding what I need to do driving back to Adelaide from the NT next week. SAPOL and other government websites are not very helpful at all. All I want to know is whether I can travel all the way home to self isolate or if I'm required to stop at the first roadhouse with accommodation or town and spend my 14 days?
Hammer down and don't look back.

3 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2020, 06:14 PM   #5
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Yeah, I can just see me now. It would go something like this.

https://youtu.be/LMagP52BWG8
This user likes this post:
Old 24-03-2020, 06:27 PM   #6
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
You'll get off easy, you won't even have to wind your window down

7 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2020, 07:29 PM   #7
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:
i think the correct term is "hunker down"
its not hammer time mate
Old 24-03-2020, 09:13 PM   #8
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahh View Post
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-...pread/12085676

"Police officers will be approaching vehicles as they come through the checkpoint and speaking to the occupants of the vehicle, obtaining their details and providing them with a notification in relation to their obligations," he said.
"[They're required to] go straight to an address they nominate where they can self-quarantine for 14 days. No other person is able to enter that residence unless they live there or for emergency reasons.
"They'll have to rely on friends, family or other support if they rely on goods or services during that quarantine."
Old 24-03-2020, 07:33 PM   #9
CJR09
RPO 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Your Govt might want to take a look at how we are getting through this in NZ, Total lock down of all the country from midnight tomorrow for a month, all employees qualify for $585 per week x12, issued in one lump plus a six month mortgage/interest freeze if you require. They are also talking about offering business loans over three years to keep them afloat, not a fan of Jacinda and co but they seem to be handling this well.
I cant even begin to try and explain the psychological effect this had on myself and family

Relief, Faith idk, a certain reassurance?

With the measures that have been put in place by the nz govco we should hopefully peak in 14-17 days time at about 2500 infected and with a bit of luck taper away from there

We have 500 respirators available in nz currently, i think the govco has essentially reverse engineered the situation to ensure the health system cannot be overwhelmed so kudos to them if that is indeed the case - only time will tell

Plenty of my clients have laid off or made redundant up to 80% of their work forces with so much business reliant on tourism

For the greater good we all hope to hit it running in a couple months time - those same clients however have also said it will be up to 2 yrs before they get back to any sort of normality due to a lack of confidence

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

4 users like this post:
Closed Thread