Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-05-2020, 08:36 PM   #31
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Default Re: Insurance - Cheapskates.

If its not right, Just keep picking the hell out of the job, they will cave and replace it, trust me I have seen it thousands of times.
Check every edge where the bumper meets the body (usually painted on a stand and lower edges are dry)
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-05-2020, 08:46 PM   #32
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBSXR6 View Post
Insurance companies suck. A mate was parked in a council carpark branch fell on his car. Car park is next to a Fire Station. The Captain of the Fire Station wrote a report stating this was the 3rd time the tree had dropped a large branch causing significant damage and was a safety hazard, including visual evidence of 2 previous incidents. Council replied to insurance company that an Arborist reported no issues with the tree and insurance company would not do anything. Mate had to pay excess.
You have to go straight to a Lawyer when insurance company's play games, or they will try to walk all over you.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2020, 09:11 PM   #33
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Use right to drive for a hire car while yours is being repaired, dont give it back until the car is to your standard of repair, they will bill the other insurance company for the use, the more you complain and cost them money the quicker they cave
Old 12-05-2020, 09:27 PM   #34
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
If its not right, Just keep picking the hell out of the job, they will cave and replace it, trust me I have seen it thousands of times.
Check every edge where the bumper meets the body (usually painted on a stand and lower edges are dry)
Ok mate we'll it's due in tomorrow.

I'm annoyed but will see how it goes.

I know Not a Ford but I'd be exactly the same
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2020, 09:30 PM   #35
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Use right to drive for a hire car while yours is being repaired, dont give it back until the car is to your standard of repair, they will bill the other insurance company for the use, the more you complain and cost them money the quicker they cave
Didn't even think of that. Mum picking me up etc. Have to catch bus (takes ages etc) to work and not even my bloody fault.

Yep I've decided it's not happening until conditions like this are met.

Thank you.
Old 12-05-2020, 09:36 PM   #36
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Thank you again.

I will.
Old 13-05-2020, 04:30 PM   #37
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post
You have to go straight to a Lawyer when insurance company's play games, or they will try to walk all over you.
Yep I will. Car was due in today but I'm making various enquiries first.

They aren't getting my car until I'm comfortable with what is happening, and right to another car etc.

That certainly seems the case MickT, bit of a joke really.

Last edited by MercuryT; 13-05-2020 at 04:41 PM.
Old 13-05-2020, 08:33 PM   #38
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Spoke to a RAC assessor today, he said that if your car is 3 years old or newer you can insist on new parts, if over 3 years let them repair, then each time you go to pick up the car if there are 10 things wrong pick 1, they will want it off their books and cave in, you will get a new bumper.

If you use Right to drive for a car, they will put you in a car the same or similar to yours no matter what you drive, the assessor told me they had a 3rd party claim on a Porsche, Right to drive put the guy in a Porsche while his was being repaired, the rental cost of the car was $22,000, the repairs to the Porsche was $18,000.
Old 13-05-2020, 08:44 PM   #39
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

read your policy really closely to see if it says anything about new or used parts for repairs. If it says new, then the assessor is wrong and you can take it to the ombudsman
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2020, 09:11 PM   #40
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Spoke to a RAC assessor today, he said that if your car is 3 years old or newer you can insist on new parts, if over 3 years let them repair, then each time you go to pick up the car if there are 10 things wrong pick 1, they will want it off their books and cave in, you will get a new bumper.

If you use Right to drive for a car, they will put you in a car the same or similar to yours no matter what you drive, the assessor told me they had a 3rd party claim on a Porsche, Right to drive put the guy in a Porsche while his was being repaired, the rental cost of the car was $22,000, the repairs to the Porsche was $18,000.
Brilliant and very helpful advice.

That really helps me so thank you.
Old 14-05-2020, 10:16 AM   #41
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
Brilliant and very helpful advice.

That really helps me so thank you.
That is not correct, you need to read your PDS as this will guide you what your entitled to.

After a quick Google Search, I found this link.

It looks like there is a hire car option, but it may be an option you had to pay for to be covered for a higher car.

https://www.commbank.com.au/content/...ce-options.pdf

In regards to the parts, at the bottom of page 70 is about this.

https://www.commbank.com.au/content/...urance-pds.pdf

Last edited by xisled; 14-05-2020 at 10:22 AM.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2020, 11:10 AM   #42
73 4V XB
Frankenford pilot
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled View Post
That is not correct, you need to read your PDS as this will guide you what your entitled to.

After a quick Google Search, I found this link.

It looks like there is a hire car option, but it may be an option you had to pay for to be covered for a higher car.

https://www.commbank.com.au/content/...ce-options.pdf

In regards to the parts, at the bottom of page 70 is about this.

https://www.commbank.com.au/content/...urance-pds.pdf
The third party is billed for the hire car, and he has every right not to be inconvenienced for loosing the use of he’s car.
There are a few companies out there that offer hire cars to not at fault drivers. Right to Drive is just one of them.

73 XB GT
Last of the Big Ports
73 4V XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post