Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 13-04-2006, 08:49 PM   #1
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Talking EuroFord Club Cruise Video - Final

Hey Peeps,

Sorry it has taken me so long to edit all the footage. I have had to break the vid in 2 files as there was issues uploading to the EuroFord site. There is about 8mins worth of footage. File sizes are 14.5MB each.

I would like some feedback also, as im very new to making videos. so hopefully i can improve next time.

File 1
File 2

Old 13-04-2006, 10:20 PM   #2
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not bad not bad
not enough of my car!!!! lol good work though, as for the music.... not to my tastes but yeah, not bad
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 10:29 PM   #3
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I know what u mean, would have loved to how gotten more footage of everyones cars in action but obviously had to make do with what i got.

Um what kind of music do u think would have suited??
Old 14-04-2006, 01:19 AM   #4
BlackLS

Not bad! Better than what I could ever do...LOL @ me waiting for traffic. Imagine if we could get a few more cameras/door mounted cameras.

Not really a critisism but and idea to put on the butcher paper, Perhaps have the "flyaround" of a still car, then flyby on the road, then towards the end have the cruising shots
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 08:17 AM   #5
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Imagine if we could get a few more cameras/door mounted cameras.
I was actually think of this a while back. It would definitly solve the problem of only having footage from one point of view. Then it could all be mashed up and flow much smoothly. :thebirds:

Keep the ideas coming.
Old 14-04-2006, 11:36 PM   #6
whippet_zetec
Supes

Hey Dude,

Chat to Abraxas (Dan) about doing video stuff. He put a pretty decent vidoe together for the FordLaser Forum guys and he should be able to give you a few ideas..

Now to download these suckers

Todd
Old 15-04-2006, 09:08 AM   #7
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Great videos Damo! I thought they were pretty decent and at least someone had some video footage to put together Next time, if you like I'll send you some of my footage and you can have a little more variety.

For your viewing... if you haven't seen my FordLaser video (26.6Mb):

Full Video: http://www.fordlaser.com/dload/Fordlaser-com-Video.wmv
This video's a bit old now - I should try and get some of my newer work online.

If you're up for a bit of constructive criticism I'll put it below...

I noticed you changed a few things with the first video, like the music and some of the opening scenes as compared to your preview. I thought a few of the scenes went for a bit too long - maybe its because you were behind my car, not that I minded but it was like the same scene went for too long. I normally like to try and alternate scenes 'regularly' to keep viewers interested - but this becomes difficult with limited amounts of footage. (i.e., one cruise doesn't always allow you to get all the shots you'd like).

The second video I thought was more interesting. You were able to show off everyone's cars, and the 'weird' camera work in there was quite interesting, showing angles you'd never think of seeing a Fiesta! I thought this arrangement was pretty good, the pullaways and driving past everyones cars continued with this theme so all up part 2 was well done. My only suggestion would be to have used the original sounds of the cars pulling away - especially Zetec20 and Josh's. Hearing the cars over the music might have been an idea... but that was when Hurricane Katrina was blowing in, so they may all have been drowned out by the wind!

I always find it hard to select a good track of music - what I do is think of a few and piece scenes together and see how they'll fit with the clip. A bit like storyboarding. Most of my videos are all about timing with the music as well, and most of my videos feature music that are from my collection - so it may not always be everyone's cup of tea.

I'm still yet to put together a video from last year's Christmas party! Aih! Purely because I haven't thought of music that'll work... and partly because my hard drive died and I lost everything! (Got all those files back though).

Hope you don't hate me now! I always love watching other people's work as it gives me ideas for my own!

Keep doing what you're doing, and experimenting helps a lot too!

Dan

Last edited by Abraxas; 15-04-2006 at 09:19 AM.
Dshibi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 02:52 PM   #8
Seano
classicford.mine.nu

Good video for your first attempt. The south coast across the Seacliff Bridge is a fun destination. We did a Classic Ford Cruise down that way earlier in the year too. I can post the video from that if you like?

It can be hard to make a decent video from what can be limited amounts of footage from one cruise, but keep at it and encourage others to take video footage on the day too for you to use in your compilation. I agree, some sound of the cars leaving the carpark would have been good. My favourite bit was the highway stuff toward the end ;)
Seano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post