Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-10-2022, 09:58 AM   #3
YTE-017

Default Re: AU111 XR8 Red hand flashing light in dash

Thanks PG2 for your note.

Understand your "you have the light turned off at the headlight switch". It's a bit like "is it turned on at the switch?

Interior light turns off when ignition engaged and car started. Just jumped into the old girl (she's a bit of a garage queen at the moment) and now the interior light as well as the ignition courtesy light turn off.

Thanks for the advise on the smartshield. I couldn't find any info on what it was in the Ford books or on the net. I thought it might have been but you've confirmed it - thanks.

All doors lock when it's locked.

You know what I think it might be is with the wet weather we've had and with the Canberra - Gosford return drive last week when it poured rain, I suspect some moisture has found its way into the electrics and caused these issues.

At the moment I can't get the sunroof to close from position 1. It's just developed after the light issue went away however with the car in the garage that's not a real problem.

I suspect it's a button press issue which should be resolved with a battery disconnect and reset.

Thanks for getting back to me on this. As said, I suspect as things dry out all will come good.

Cheers,

Jim
YTE-017 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post