Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-12-2023, 09:48 AM   #1
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: scum bogans

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondeomatureguy View Post
Hi Guys
my wife and myself went to western Plains Zoo in Dubbo about 2 years ago and we took her car which is a Holden Commodore station wagon.
The guy who ran the Motel where we stayed for the night said to me "keep an eye on your car".

The next morning we were going out for breakfast and got up and i went out to have a look the car and said to the motel owner " all good cars still got all its tyres on"!
Ummm, Stockton Caravan Park comes to mind.
Thieves like to break into tow cars during wild weather nights, it deadens any sound they make.
Happens quite a bit there. Probably no worse than Dubbo.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2023, 07:58 AM   #2
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Ummm, Stockton Caravan Park comes to mind.
Thieves like to break into tow cars during wild weather nights, it deadens any sound they make.
Happens quite a bit there. Probably no worse than Dubbo.
Stockton isn’t great, but I wouldn’t compare it to Dubbo. Plus Stockton is becoming gentrified so there seems to be less and less issues happening there.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-12-2023, 12:18 PM   #3
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
Stockton isn’t great, but I wouldn’t compare it to Dubbo. Plus Stockton is becoming gentrified so there seems to be less and less issues happening there.
You don't use the ferry much do you. Becoming gentrified as in kicking the waterfront houso's out and selling the places to wealthy investors, who are happy to pay Newcastle's rocketing council rates.

Bit of an us and them going on there atm but yeah not as bad as Dubbo or Junee.

Old 09-12-2023, 10:25 PM   #4
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Junee? What’s the deal there?
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2023, 01:16 PM   #5
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Junee? What’s the deal there?
Top Ghia basically just answered your question.

Lets put it this way, when all the little worker bees finally finish working 9-5 all their lives, sell everything up to buy a wiz bang gadget full RV (insert type here) and have a thirst for AC power requiring them stay in these lovely quaint little country towns, it puts them in amongst people who live there because of circumstance.

Putting people who want to stay there against people who don't have a choice usually causes conflicts.

I'm sure if your staying in the local $280 a night glitzy BnB you probably wouldn't notice it.