Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-05-2006, 02:12 PM   #1
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 
Default Fuel economy

Just wondering what fuel economy people in here are getting out of there cars. I'm more looking at modded 6's so i know what i've got to look forward to.

For mine, stock au 6 xl manual ute, 80l tank, averages 12l/100km round town and can get it down to round 8l/100 if not less on the highway.

Cheers

superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

look forward to spending more on fuel
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 02:33 PM   #3
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Yeah, I agree with jonbays, but not to be as blunt...

I spend around $40 a fill on 95RON (cause I don't need to fill it right up) and that gets me around 200-250km city driving, around 400km highway.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:04 PM   #4
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i get about 400 out of a tank around town now,i used to get about 480 before i played with it
FS5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 03:48 PM   #5
AU:PROJECT:UTE
Drought Breaker

Once upon a time when my ute was stock I'd average 13l/100km round town and 8.5-9l/100km on the open road. After extractors I can get 7.5l/100km and 12 around town. All comes down to what your right foot is like
Some things like extractors helped me, fiddling around with intakes gave response but worsened economy. Getting a nice burbly exhaust didnt help me one bit cos I enjoy listening to it too much.
It sounds like your ute is running on par for a manual I6 AU.
Cheers

Tim
ALL COUNTRY: SW Platt Mccann 5 Poster, GME 4706 7' Whippys, Uniden UH015SX UHF AND Scanner combo, Narva Taurus Bull lights, Hawk Grille, Series II Pursuit Side Skirts, Stickers on the back window and more eartags than a mob of cranky angus

ALL GO: XR6 VCT donk and ECU NO MORE!!
Now even MORE fun with 200kw XR8 and 5 speed, Tickford Cluster, 3.45 LSD, full custom twin system w/- 3" chrome angle cut tips :
AU:PROJECT:UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 03:56 PM   #6
james22
With da Warlords

Yeah i get about 400km per tank around town, give or take a bit of right foot :-)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 04:18 PM   #7
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Just use the search... theres a million economy threads out there....

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 04:55 PM   #8
HLC
Audi S3

im gonna get 540 kays out of this current tank... car is stock as. a fair bit of freeway driving. done 532 now and the fuel light cant decide whether it wants to be on or off. so yeah. it all depends on your right foot.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:20 PM   #9
robbo_yobbo
Kick out tha Jams

getting about 300km's (on gas with a rooted motor) to a 65L tank, but the old (and faithful) XF is still gettin 390 (on gas).
robbo_yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 08:28 PM   #10
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I get 14-16ltr around town and 8-9ltr on the hwy in my XR8 modded, and 8-9ltr in town and 6-7ltr on hwy in my Laser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post