Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 10-07-2006, 02:10 AM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Drag Racing Champion Reving Up Nt Titles

Darwin's 'horsepower party' is set to continue on the back of the V8 Supercars when the Hidden Valley Drag Strip hosts the top ends largest Drag
Racing event on it's calendar, the NT Titles on July 15.

Returning for his second year to put a show on for the fans is Australian Drag Racing heavyweight and 2004 National Top Doorslammer Champion Brett 'The Boss' Stevens with his brand new Jack Daniel's Racing Falcon Top
Doorslammer.

He will be joined this year by Steve Packman who will be driving the Brett Stevens Racing prepared Glenfords Racing Falcon Top Doorslammer.

The stunning pair of BF Falcons produce 3000 horsepower each, a figure made even more amazing when compared to a V8 Supercar which produces only around
600 horsepower.

"Last year the event was a great success and I have brought up my brand new Falcon Top Doorslammers to make this year even better," Stevens said.

"I love coming to events like these, without the pressure of Championship racing I can just let loose and have some fun entertaining a crowd that
normally doesn't get to see this level of racing."

"The sight, smell and sound of two methanol fuelled, 3000 horsepower sedans battling it out side by side over the quarter mile is an experience not to
be missed."

"We might even see if we can give the track records a nudge this year."

Brett Stevens is one of the most exciting personalities in Australian Drag Racing an operates the largest motorsport team in the country.

Along with his Top Doorslammer, he also competes in the Australian Top Bike Championship aboard his Jack Daniel's Racing Nitro Harley and in the Australian Top Alcohol Championship in his Kitten Car Care Products Funny Car, making him the only person in the world to simultaneously compete in
three professional Drag Racing brackets.

Some of his other racing accomplishments include winning the 2005 Australian Top Bike Championship and the 2004 Australian Top Doorslammer Championship, the current National Top Alcohol Funny Car holder and was an inaugural inductee into the Australian Motorcycle Hall of Fame alongside Mick Doohan.

Packman, driving the Glenfords Racing Top Doorslammer, is a relative new comer to the bracket but is no stranger to the driver's seat, cutting his teeth in Drag Racing in the highly competitive Super Stock bracket for 4
years before turning to engine building.

He joined the Brett Stevens Racing team in 2000 where he has headed up the engine development program ever since and now takes up the challenge of a
duel role in the team as Crew Chief and Driver.

As well as witnessing Stevens and Packman running down the quarter mile in 6 seconds at speeds of over 380 km/h, the Brett Stevens Racing team will also be on display throughout the event for fans to get some merchandise and
memorabilia.

Pace Yourself. Please Drink Responsibly.

NT TITLES DETAILS

Hidden Valley Drag Strip
Hidden Valley Rd,
Berrimah, NT

Schedule:

Saturday 15th July
Gates Open: 12:30pm
Qualifying: 1:00pm
Racing: 7:00pm

Ticket Prices:

Adult: $20
Children 14 and under: FREE

Feature Racing:

Brett Stevens - Jack Daniel's Racing Top Doorslammer
Steve Packman - Glenfords Racing Top Doorslammer

Story From nmd

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 10:24 AM   #2
troppo
Mr old phart

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I, for one, can't bloody wait!!
Missed out last year but I won't be missing it again this year.
Brett put on a burnout display last Saturday at the local Glenfords store, I went down for a squizz and took some pics...

the cars

The Boss's car

interior

man & beast

burnout ute

He was also kind enough to sign my rocker cover.

my car

BA GT-P Blueprint
troppo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 02:21 PM   #3
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

well done troppo there the best pictures of that car i have seen to date.
The burnout Ute looks like it could rip a quick pass also.
He has the best toys in the land and he makes a living out of it...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 11:06 PM   #4
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 

Yeah Im looking forward to this event too. I saw the burnout utes at glenfords and they were awesome. Here are some vids of the burnouts. You might have to quickly register to view them.

Enjoy.
baboon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2006, 05:19 AM   #5
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

he lives just 15 minutes from me!
i drive past his street on my way to and from work

suposedly he isnt the best person to work for (he owns heavy haulers truck company) and also is rumoured to be a ****edit spoolman**** or somthing along those lines
but they are only word of mouth so *shrugs* dont burn the messenger

my girlfriend went for an ofice job for the race team etc which is based at his house

would love to have that sorta $$ to throw around..

Last edited by SpoolMan; 13-07-2006 at 09:54 AM. Reason: slander
blackers10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post