Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-08-2006, 02:41 PM   #121
red_october
Go on, be a monkey....

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew
Heheh I used to live up the Pilbara, but THATS not an option.

Kimberley Kirsten..nice combo.

Thanks... :-)

We didn't actually come up with her name till a week before she was born. Her nickname is not Kim - that's too common - we call her Kimbie....
red_october is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 07:35 PM   #122
punkin
having time of her life!

whatever you do please pick a girls name and not one of those hybrid (is it or isn't it a boys name) names. I've seen some girls with really male sounding names and they've been really butch looking and even with long hair still get called a boy. Also think of the varying combinations of the shortening of their name, or their initials. One of my workmates called his gorgeous daughter Georgina but her initials are GGP.

Good luck with your choices, I've got no idea how F6Tornado and I will go when we have to pick names (no we're not pregnant yet - not even trying).

I want to have one of the girls names (either first or middle) as Philabena (after my zulu great-grandmother).

1963 Chev Impala | Black | 2 door : <- Angel
Mazda 2 | Turbo (custom) | Spicy Orange <- punkin
punkin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 10:26 PM   #123
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin
I want to have one of the girls names (either first or middle) as Philabena (after my zulu great-grandmother).
I think thats a great way to have a meaningful name, look back in the ol family tree a little and someone is bound to have a really nice and fairly uncommon name...

It is also good from the kids point of view because there is the link back to the family and someone special. I'm Jennifer June, Jennifer, because my parents like the name, and its the more modern version of a name used alot in our family in the past, Gwenhwyvar (original welsh version of Guinevere) and, June, after my dads Auntie.

'common'/'boring'/'normal' names are such because they are the best! Just because you want to be completely 'unique' doesnt mean the kid who has to put up with the name wants to be...

Would you buy a ford or a car from a manufacturer who has just come out with a car with square wheels?

'Just remember, you are unique...just like everybody else.'

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 11:11 PM   #124
Mrs Coyote
Phantom XR6

My oldest daughter is called Kelsie. My grandmothers name was Elsie and I wanted to use this so found a letter that sounded like a good name. It is quite popular now. My mother in law said to stand at the back door and yell the name and see what it sounded like because she was always at the back or front door yelling to find out where the boys were. You also need to make sure that when it is shortened which of course it will be that you will also be happy with it.

We have a blended family that consists of 5 kids- Jason, Matthew, Kelsie, Matt and Cassidy. Yes we have two Matthews so it is lucky I was happy with the short version.
Mrs Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 01:34 PM   #125
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Coyote
My mother in law said to stand at the back door and yell the name and see what it sounded like because she was always at the back or front door yelling to find out where the boys were.
Good advice there. A friend of mine named her daughter Miah (pronounced Myer)... I was with them in MYERS... and the kid ran off.... My friend was calling out MIAH, MIAH... you can imagine how silly that was. Her other two daughters are called Tawnee and Cheyenne.

I have a Caitlin Jessica, a Cameron Robert (2nd name after my Dad) and a Toby Eamon (2nd name after my partner). We will probably have an Aaliyah Something at some point in the next few years.

Edit: I HAVE to add that a mate at work has two daughters. The oldest is called Dawn. The second, born a day before Toby, is called Sunset. And Im NOT kidding! Dawn and Sunset!

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 02:26 PM   #126
Mrs Coyote
Phantom XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic

I have a Caitlin Jessica, a Cameron Robert (2nd name after my Dad) and a Toby Eamon (2nd name after my partner). We will probably have an Aaliyah Something at some point in the next few years.
I thought that I read yesterday that you had split up with your partner. Do I have the wrong person. If so I am sorry. If not I can see that you are back together and am happy for you.
Old 23-08-2006, 04:43 PM   #127
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Coyote
I thought that I read yesterday that you had split up with your partner. Do I have the wrong person. If so I am sorry. If not I can see that you are back together and am happy for you.
Yeah, you have the right person... quite confusing really.

We are trying to work things out at the moment, and I think things are going to be ok. After the initial shock of being told "its over" it seems it is not, and we are going to get through it... Eamon posted something to that effect in the thread which I started, I think, which explained a few things and apologised as well.

Before this all came up, we had talked about having another child, some years into the future, and Eamon would like a little girl (I think he even posted something about Aaliyah earlier in this thread - his username is Cobra). I sort of mentioned this today, as, I guess if things continue to work out and we get stronger, we will likely have another child... if not, then I guess we wont.

All good though... I guess if people can work through things instead of giving up too quickly, then people can get stronger and relationships can improve instead of ending... I hope this is the case for us anyway.

But yeah, that is me you were thinking of

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 05:58 PM   #128
Mrs Coyote
Phantom XR6

Good luck I hope everything goes well. Things tend to always be a lot tougher with a blended family and then a baby certainly takes up a lot of extra time and that takes time getting used to.

I too am in a blended family with 5 kids (15,13,10,9 & 7) lots of hard work, many discussions but all worth hanging in there. Good Luck.
Old 23-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #129
bt0

I used to know a girl called Toya and always thought that was pretty cool and unique.
bt0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 10:02 PM   #130
punkin
having time of her life!

My Polish name is Tonja Leokadia Wiezolkowski, that is what my father's family used to call me. It is not what made it onto my birth certificate (well the Leokadia did - I'm named after my grandmother Leoka, my eldest half-sister scored Leokada as a first name). My great-grandmother's is Philabena, my grandmother is Betsida and mum was Alfreda (after her father Alfred).

1963 Chev Impala | Black | 2 door : <- Angel
Mazda 2 | Turbo (custom) | Spicy Orange <- punkin
punkin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 06:44 PM   #131
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

We had a girl today, named her Shae Lauren. :party3:
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 06:48 PM   #132
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Congratulations there ... pics????
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 06:52 PM   #133
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Nope, camera is still at hospital.
Old 29-08-2006, 07:13 PM   #134
red_hotxr6
Banned

Well done both of you and it is a very beautiful name.Hope every thing went as planned and there were no complications.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 07:16 PM   #135
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Thanks mate, Mum and Bub both well.
Old 30-08-2006, 01:01 AM   #136
DJR MAN
DJR Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
We had a girl today, named her Shae Lauren. :party3:
Congrats to the proud parents, all the best to yourselves and bub! :1syellow1 :1syellow1 :1syellow1
DJR MAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post