Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 07-03-2006, 01:23 AM   #1
amlohac

Default Front grill removal

Does anyone out there know how to take out the zetec grill and replace it with the ST170 version? Also does anyone have a price on how much the ST grill costs? Im finally bored with the front of my car so its time for an update

amlohac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 01:23 PM   #2
Resty
Amon of Focus

ST grill will set u back about $70-80 from Ford.

I didn't actually see one removed however I did attach an ST one to mine which was very easy. Basically all clips on. To remove I suppose you just need to be able to get underneath with a flathead screwdiver and prod open the clips (thats what they look like to me). Theres a few holding them down. Pretty easy and you should have no probs. Also consider colour coding it if you like.

Riz
Resty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 02:40 PM   #3
simonr
Focus Rookie

whats the difference??
Old 07-03-2006, 03:04 PM   #4
amlohac

ive gotten under the car to have a good look, but it all seems to be interlaced with out parts on the fron of the car, big pain in the ИИИИ. Ill just go buy the ST front im sur ethat will give me some clues, thanks!
amlohac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2006, 01:10 AM   #5
Resty
Amon of Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonr
whats the difference??

difference is looks. Cross stitched look sorta - more like a grill than just a plastic bar goig straight across.
Resty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2006, 05:30 PM   #6
simonr
Focus Rookie

u worked out how to do this yet?

or found a decent how to page?
Old 17-09-2006, 09:00 PM   #7
whippet_zetec
Supes

the ST front lower grill is the same pattern as the top grill if I remember correctly. Its a mod I have thought of also.

to replace the grill is clipped on, however you need to get under and remove all the undertray stuff first to get to it, push the clips out, then its as easy as pushing the ST one straight in, then putting all the under tray stuff back on.....saw a thing on focusfanatics a while back for it when I was considering the change.

cost at Ford was $75 I think...

Todd
Old 18-09-2006, 03:17 PM   #8
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Seeing the LR has been discontinued I wonder how long this item will be available. I'm thinking of doing it sooner rather than later.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 05:28 PM   #9
simonr
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
Seeing the LR has been discontinued I wonder how long this item will be available. I'm thinking of doing it sooner rather than later.
By law they have to keep parts available for a reasonable amount of time....
maybe 10 years? i got no idea how long is reasonable