Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-09-2006, 10:48 AM   #1
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default I'm a traitor

Its desided after 3 1/2 years of a house car backed up buy equeally house support when the lease is up on the BA Farimont I'm going holden. My wife has a VY ex cop car, with simular K's to my BA and I've always been supprised at how good the pannel fit etc is it compared you my Fairmont then last week when my Ford was in for its regular AC and air bag falt I drove my wifes car, I have to tell ya it has less rattels less squeaks and every thing works as advertised not like my fairmont we have had it since it was 40,000k old its been in for warranty work only as I service it my self, the warranty complants have been AC compresser and drivers window thats it. In the same time, my ford has had the dash out no less than 8 times for blender motor faults, both the drivers and passanger seat air bags replaced, + 7 other airbag related faults, not to mention the rattels and poor pannel fit that was never addresed properly from day one, this week I have been driving a new Commodore (just a povity pack) given to me from holden to test to see if I want our fleet to change, and today its friday Ive taken it to wollongong, Newcastle + my normal driving and I am impressed, Its not all the hype sugests but its still a very well presented car and has all the stuff I want in a car as well as the crap my techs and reps need.

So my first car was an XC Ute, my next a ZK, followed by ZL NC, fairlanes (I had company cars after that so they were veradas) but once I got A choise again I had AU Fairmont then the BA Fairmont, + my toys being an XL and the ZC

The straw that broke the cammels back was ford rejecting warranty on the last airbag fault as the car is now 3years and 3 months old regardless of the fact they have doen all the servicing, the best they would come back with was 75%, so as the VY has had no warranty issues by comparison I'm taking my fleet of over 30 vechiels over to Holden.

Word of warnging Ford dont off the fleet manager.

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 10:58 AM   #2
pb02
inconceivable!

Fair enough. However I've done the opposite with our fleet and gone from Holdens to Fords. I found that Holden wouldn't deal and offer any bonus or even test drives. Ford have been great with us, however, at the end of the day it comes down to which dealership you are with and what experiences you have with either brand.
pb02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 11:00 AM   #3
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Do go basing your opinion on just 1 car, go drive some 2nd hand cars at the dealers, there always exceptional, good, average, bad and lemons in any manufacture of productions cars.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 11:02 AM   #4
james22
With da Warlords

not a commonwhore..... god no.

Its a pity that ford service are such pricks. The majority of ppl converting from Ford to Holden have done it because they have had a jack of Ford Service, if only they lifted their game a little they wouldnt be so far behind all the time.

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 11:04 AM   #5
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Learn to bloody spell
Old 22-09-2006, 11:20 AM   #6
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF, What else?
Learn to bloody spell.
If you are going to tell people to "Learn to bloody spell", at least get the grammar right.
Old 22-09-2006, 11:33 AM   #7
Twisted
Contributing Member

Please take the time to check your post for spelling and grammar and ensure that it is legible. There are many errors in this post that make it very difficult to read that would be easily picked up if you went back and re-read it after you had finished.

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Hats, Stickers & Patches are now available!
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 11:40 AM   #8
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted
Please take the time to check your post for spelling and grammar and ensure that it is legible. There are many errors in this post that make it very difficult to read that would be easily picked up if you went back and re-read it after you had finished.
I read it easy enough..
One or two spelling mistakes does not make something un-readable,
This topic is coming up far too often in posts lately,
cant this be done through PM if you have any advice to give or a bone to pick?keeps the thread on topic then...
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 12:41 PM   #9
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

spelling and punctuation are for amatures, as for basing it on 1 car no I wont I have till june for the common expiory on our fleet I intend on using this time to drive plenty of cars both new and used the dunnydoor is an easy choise at this stage but I will do alot more research.

I have had bad experance with other ford dealers not just this 1 and my techs in Melbourne, Brisbane and Adalaide dont have many good things to say about there respective dealers either. Ford have had there chance and they blew it, Hell I'd look at a Skoda before I put Fords in to the fleet again.

I'm sorry but 3 months out of warranty and they wont cover a fault that has been reacuring since day one, thats not product support in my book

Old 22-09-2006, 01:03 PM   #10
05MkIIFutura
SV6000. Yum

Did you do some sort of cost camparison? Running your cars longer than three years is pretty unusual for fleets which are as significant as yours appear to be.
05MkIIFutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 01:29 PM   #11
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sounds like you got more of a lemon than anything else - dont be fooled, every brand has the occassional lemon

but you seem to be right in saying that ford service sucks
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 01:31 PM   #12
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

as a rule we would keep them no longer than 3 years hoever we got a great rate from the bank when we sorted a common expiery the down side was my car had to stay an extra 9 months hence I will have it 3years 9months and my GM will only have his 2years 4 months etc, a which point most of the cars will be changed to what ever, we will keep 5 of them some of the Utes have done 10k a year so we will buy them out and run them a bit longer

Old 22-09-2006, 01:31 PM   #13
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
If you are going to tell people to "Learn to bloody spell", at least get the grammar right.
I would argue that in response to shocking spelling as above, the structuring of a sentence takes backseat to getting a message across.
Old 22-09-2006, 01:31 PM   #14
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey maybe you could go the mitsu 380's or something, have to bw a better option than the dunnydores
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 02:06 PM   #15
Bipolar
I'm back. Same car.

Sounds like you got a dud. Our fleet consists of 6 BA variants and 3 VX/Z Commodore variants. Each car has a file. The Falcon files look like they're empty and the Commodore files are fat. The amount of recalls and ongoing problems with them are ridiculous. The VZ Calais has a brake light warning light that randomly comes on and it has been looked at 4 times already. The driver, a diehard Holden man, is seriously considering other options. The guy who takes the cars in for servicing knows the names of the service people now. From memory the falcons have been in once for a minor recall and we've never had a problem with the Ford service centre we take them to. Some of the Falcons are flogged and some sit there for weeks without being used. Some have had services long overdue, but all never miss a beat. On the other hand, I know a guy who owns an ex-rental BA and he's had nothing but problems with it.

I've had my EL for 2½ years and the only problem I had was very slightly leaky overflow tank. I was a bit paranoid when I bought it, so I got a warranty and I take it to Ford for servicing because I don't trust anyone else. They've been fantastic. I probably sound a bit naive, but it just sounds like lots of bad luck to me.
Bipolar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 02:27 PM   #16
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I hope it all works out for you Yeti.

Sometimes you need to make changes outside your usual decisions. Hell I did.

Dont get me wrong, I love my fords, be it classic or V8SC. But there are better cars out there, and you are gonna get your fair share of brand jumpers from one side to the other.

I'll be always a ford man deep down, but I dont think I could bring myself to get a new ford over a classic mustang or gt. In the meantime, I'll stick with what I know and my experiences much like you.

If your choice is a Holden, then that is exactly that, your choice. Enjoy it.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 02:44 PM   #17
Danny
GT4.

I gave up after "Its desided"
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 03:17 PM   #18
davro_xr6
HRN13 (formerly X-Rated)

Honestly though, if you're basing your decision on a warranty issue (three months out of warranty) I hate to say it, every manufacture will say the same thing - its out of warranty - and for a car that is out of warranty, for them to offer 75% of cost of re-doing the airbag is pretty good... Granted there are some ordinary dealerships out there - but if you think Holden, or any other manufacturer for that matter, are going to be any different, I think you will find yourself a little dissappointed...

I must agree with some of the above posts -
1) You get a lemon in every car brand - its the nature of the beast unfortunately, especially with today's mass productions.
2) Just cause your particular fairmont is a lemon and gave you grief, does not equate to every Ford being a lemon - I got my BA with 150,000klms on the clock and I have not had a problem...
Upgrades so far... : 2003 BA XT n/a 6 - Lowered 3" - Lovell Lowered Race Springs front & Rear - Pedders Sports Rider Shocks front and Rear - 18" x 8.5" AMG Akuza Mags - Pacemaker Headers - 2.5" Redback exhaust system - High flow cat - cat back - no muffler - Quck shifter kit - Typhoon CAI - custom stereo & boot install - Bonnet decal :
davro_xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 03:20 PM   #19
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
: Sorry, I missed that.

Ok, what part didn't you get?

Everything after Its desided. :
Old 22-09-2006, 05:23 PM   #20
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Good on ya,but did you need to really need to post and tell everyone..
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2006, 06:19 PM   #21
Dayvo
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by james22
not a commonwhore..... god no.

Its a pity that ford service are such pricks. The majority of ppl converting from Ford to Holden have done it because they have had a jack of Ford Service, if only they lifted their game a little they wouldnt be so far behind all the time.
Holden service are not much better , Check out the bitching on some of the Commodore forums.
Dayvo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2006, 07:18 PM   #22
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Commodore over Bitsaremissing anyday
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 11:21 AM   #23
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The issue is not so much the 3months out of warranty as, it has had constant air bag issues since day 1 and this one comes just 3 months out of warranty, just to ad to this on its last service (a week inside warranty) it also had an air bag light fault and i will bet that this wont be the last

Old 25-09-2006, 03:43 PM   #24
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
Good on ya,but did you need to really need to post and tell everyone..
Yeah **** it I did. Sorry to have offended you...
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2006, 01:25 PM   #25
RATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti
40,000k old its been in for warranty work only as I service it my self
Then you say:

Quote:
The straw that broke the cammels back was ford rejecting warranty on the last airbag fault as the car is now 3years and 3 months old regardless of the fact they have doen all the servicing
So which one is it? If you had actually taken the car in for it's regular service intervals you may not have had all the issues.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2006, 03:13 PM   #26
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
Then you say:

So which one is it? If you had actually taken the car in for it's regular service intervals you may not have had all the issues.
He services the VY himself & has only taken it in for two warranty issue's.

The BA he gets serviced at the dealer, along with all the warranty complaints.... then they shaft him over a recurrent issue.

Thats how I read it anyway.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2006, 06:51 PM   #27
VSSII

5 XR8's at work and 4 SS's. Ford are great with discounting of vehicles but the cars are regularly at the dealers having warranty work. The local dealer whom I won't name just shrug and say it's nothing unusual and don't see a problem. Holden are never interested in competing on price and instead try to promote better quality. The Holdens get diff whine after a while and years ago the early Gen III's suffered piston slap but the Fords suffer plastics coming loose, diff problems and one did a boss engine in the first 300klm. No VE's yet. Neither marque can boast Jap build quality but Ford are definately trailing and have been for the last 6 years I've been involved in costing and servicing. The bottom line is the Fords are off the road more often losing income.
VSSII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2006, 07:13 PM   #28
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
I'm taking my fleet of over 30 vechiels over to Holden.
Word of warnging Ford dont off the fleet manager.
Your the Fleet manager of 30 vehicles? Cool, but tell the guys in purchasing that the next batch of PC's they buy should come with spell checkers. The one your using now is broken!
Old 02-10-2006, 07:55 PM   #29
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

all i can say is more ford for me!

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8