Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-09-2006, 04:46 PM   #1
davro_xr6
HRN13 (formerly X-Rated)

Angry USELESS WORK COLLEAGUES:mad:

Don't know if anyone else has come across this where they work, but I thought I would put it out there for comments...

I am currently in product support and marketing internally with my company. They are a pretty big organisation with over 400 people at our branch. I pretty much look after all the internal stuff with regards to sales from the 2 sales reps. This has gone all good until recently when someone in their "wisdom" decided to give them a month's annual leave at the same time leaving me with triple the work load...

This would be fine apart from the fact that I am not receiving any bonuses for stuff I sell on their behalf - Which SUX ROYALLY!! In addition to this they have left all existing outstanding deals a complete freaking mess and have not left any guides as to what is going on... As well as every second customer has called to whinge about something that hasn't been done right and I have had to tried to fix it and apologise!!

The boss knows about it, but hasn't done squat!! My question is, what the hell do I do from here, as I don't wanna burn any bridges as I am trying to get into a higher position...?? :

Upgrades so far... : 2003 BA XT n/a 6 - Lowered 3" - Lovell Lowered Race Springs front & Rear - Pedders Sports Rider Shocks front and Rear - 18" x 8.5" AMG Akuza Mags - Pacemaker Headers - 2.5" Redback exhaust system - High flow cat - cat back - no muffler - Quck shifter kit - Typhoon CAI - custom stereo & boot install - Bonnet decal :
davro_xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 04:47 PM   #2
efgoofy
No Speed Limits on Fwys

quit and look for a job that respects the amount of work that you do. Just kidding, do the job well and hope that they recognise it and give the higher role your looking for.
  • Custom Twin Tip
  • EL GT Snorkel, K&N Flat Panel Filter
  • Kenwood CD
  • 6*9 Kenwood rears

I like work, it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

:
efgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 04:54 PM   #3
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

i agree with the above just stick at it and get the work done. if they arent doing the work properly and you cant pick up on it let your boss know what a mess they left it in and you cant continue on untill you get an explanation from the worker as to what the hell is going on.

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 04:55 PM   #4
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Point out EVERYTHING the others guys stuffed up and how you fixed to the boss, the more the Boss knows the better, the sqeauky wheel gets the most attention.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 05:04 PM   #5
max
LWBforME

Quote:
Originally Posted by davro_xr6
Don't know if anyone else has come across this where they work, but I thought I would put it out there for comments...

I am currently in product support and marketing internally with my company. They are a pretty big organisation with over 400 people at our branch. I pretty much look after all the internal stuff with regards to sales from the 2 sales reps. This has gone all good until recently when someone in their "wisdom" decided to give them a month's annual leave at the same time leaving me with triple the work load...

This would be fine apart from the fact that I am not receiving any bonuses for stuff I sell on their behalf - Which SUX ROYALLY!! In addition to this they have left all existing outstanding deals a complete freaking mess and have not left any guides as to what is going on... As well as every second customer has called to whinge about something that hasn't been done right and I have had to tried to fix it and apologise!!

The boss knows about it, but hasn't done squat!! My question is, what the hell do I do from here, as I don't wanna burn any bridges as I am trying to get into a higher position...?? :
All I can say is get them on the mobile! Or keep on the bosses back. I am in the marketing/graphic arts area and I will hound associates/colleagues mercilessly, leave or no leave if its about getting a service done to a clients satisfaction. In this day and age I don't see switching off for a month an option, especially if unfinished business is left just hanging there! My mobile is on from 7am - 11:30pm 7/365, thats the reality. Any questions need answering I am there. The other alternative is a business down the gurgler. I don't look like getting sacked for not giving my job my best shot. But I will not get sucked under because someone else decides to go under the radar when they feel like disappearing for a bit.
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 05:15 PM   #6
davro_xr6
HRN13 (formerly X-Rated)

Trust me - if I could get a hold of them I would, but the bastards turned their phones off and cheekilly diverted them through to my personal mobile as I am yet to be equipped with a work mobile... Which sh**s me to no end...

I just had a quick chat with the boss man and gave him a listing of things that have stuffed up and I have had to fix and deals that I have sorted out which were a mess and machines I have sold in the interim... I am all for putting in and giving it your best, and I hate whinging, and hate "running to the teacher" when someone is as incompetent as this - it just feels as though I don't have much of a choice...

It was either cover their ***** and keep quiet about the ****** ups and let them continue to get kudos or the alternative... I just hate back-dooring people thats all...
Upgrades so far... : 2003 BA XT n/a 6 - Lowered 3" - Lovell Lowered Race Springs front & Rear - Pedders Sports Rider Shocks front and Rear - 18" x 8.5" AMG Akuza Mags - Pacemaker Headers - 2.5" Redback exhaust system - High flow cat - cat back - no muffler - Quck shifter kit - Typhoon CAI - custom stereo & boot install - Bonnet decal :
davro_xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 05:22 PM   #7
max
LWBforME

Quote:
Originally Posted by davro_xr6
Trust me - if I could get a hold of them I would, but the bastards turned their phones off and cheekilly diverted them through to my personal mobile as I am yet to be equipped with a work mobile... Which sh**s me to no end...

I just had a quick chat with the boss man and gave him a listing of things that have stuffed up and I have had to fix and deals that I have sorted out which were a mess and machines I have sold in the interim... I am all for putting in and giving it your best, and I hate whinging, and hate "running to the teacher" when someone is as incompetent as this - it just feels as though I don't have much of a choice...

It was either cover their ***** and keep quiet about the ****** ups and let them continue to get kudos or the alternative... I just hate back-dooring people thats all...
Yeah mate I appreciate what you're saying. Sometimes you can be damned if you do and damned if you don't but I found keep the boss in the loop without sounding like its whingeing pays off in the long run. I hate to run the risk of being bailed up with the question: "Well why didn't you tell me about this before. It's a bit late now, we've lost a valuable client/account". Oh well, everybody's situation is special. Its often a non-stop game of strategy. Hang in there!
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 05:27 PM   #8
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

If you want to stay at your job, do the best you can.

A word of warning though, buy a diary and log as much as you can throughout the day.

Pounds to peanuts that on their return, the two sales reps will try to blame you for all sorts of problems that may or may not be your responsibilty.

Without a diary you won't remember many specifics in say, three months...
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 07:38 PM   #9
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

live with it, its a part of life
Bionic BF XR8 - 6 speed manual, reversing sensors, premium sound, GT starter button. 218rwkw - Got to love the BOSS!!
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2006, 10:21 PM   #10
Falchoon

Look for a new job with a boss that is supportive and helpful. This is probably more of a long term solution than an immediate fix though. Go to the doctor and get a medical certificate for a month off on stress leave and let the boss worry about stuff, he is most likely the person that approved leave for the other two clowns. Let him earn his money, doesn't sound like he has been lately.
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2006, 02:17 PM   #11
Ringo
I see you....

As long as your issues are to do with fact and revolve around the effects it has on the customer then go hard.

If its emotionally based and all revolves around how it is unfair on you then rethink your position because you will get hammered....sales staff are brilliant at turning things around and putting responsibiity onto others.

I too work with idiots. My favorites are the account managers who ask for a report to be drafted up for one of their customers. You ask what they want in it and they don't know...just whatever you usually put into them. OK - wide open scope - great. Give tem their report and then oh wait I need X, Y, Z plus look at this this and this aspect of the customers account.....get effed....you got what you asked for

Or the others who get their report they needed so "urgently"....then sit on them for 6 weeks and then come back and say they want the figures updated or some things changed.....get effed....you got what you asked for, when you asked for it.

.......i think I need a holiday...I sound like a whinger....
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2006, 03:20 PM   #12
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try working in IT! See how you go with dealing with other people then! :

Some people just have no idea. The best you can do is do your job well and make sure your boss knows what you have done. E-mail them at anytime of the day or night. CC or BCC then in on some e-mails which gives you praise or makes/saves the company money.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:01 PM   #13
red_october
Go on, be a monkey....

My advice is to try and do the best you can, while documenting what you've done in your power to fix up all the cr@p. You'll come across as highly competent when dealing with issues if you put this in your resume and apply for another position.

Otherwise, your boss might be watching you and seeing if you're up to it or not....
red_october is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2006, 09:45 PM   #14
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Cop the pressure, make a go of it ,head down arseup and show them you are competent enough to handle this situation.Been there done it myself, im also in marketing but on a small scale [ $50m a year]
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post