Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-04-2010, 10:12 AM   #1
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation AFF Quit smoking thread.

Hey guys with the other thread going as a result of the govt tax hikes on ciggies
I thought now is the time to start the thread I have stated in the past we should start.
I myself smoke 30-40 a day in fact I haveone in my left hand as I am typing this post.
I am also willing to bet half the smokers on here will be inhaling through one as they read it.
I live in NZ where patches and gum are subsidised by the govt to help you give up, I had
a script to get pathes last week but the sent me 24hr 21mg patches but they made me feel
extremely ill and I couldn't sleep. I since however have dropped the amount I smoke down to
about 20-25 a day.
The new script for 8mg patches should be here on Monday and I will commence them the following day.
My wife is also a smoker and is going to quite with me.

We should be saving around $10,000 per year.

The problem we all face as smokers is in most cases we actually enjoy our smokes so
this makes it even worse as we know they have a hold on us because we are addicts and we enjoy
our drug of choice. (Well I do anyway)
So we have decided that the savings we make by giving up are going to build ourselves a
Targa rally car. So hopefully focusing on the car we have dreamed of building will keep us
on track tpo throw the coffen nails away for good.

Lets all band together and give these things up once and for all.
Use this thread to let that tension out and let us all know how you are coping.

So who's in with us guys???

BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post