Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-04-2022, 10:26 AM   #4501
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I won’t have cobwebs, old dust, paint flakes, spiders and mites dropping on my head today - washed clean the work area yesterday afternoon.
Bedroom ceiling?
2 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2022, 10:45 AM   #4502
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

No, eaves. Guttering work.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2022, 11:09 AM   #4503
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Seeing this thing in the car park at work,its been sitting in a carport gathering dust for a long time,bloke was forced to go buy a battery give the thing a wash and use it to get to work after his truck blew a head gasket.Nice car just needs some TLC.
Old 29-04-2022, 05:18 PM   #4504
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Tore an old unobtainable 26 inch rear tyre recently mountain biking.
Dropped in to the local bike shop this arvo not expecting to find anything NOS that size and bingo he pulls out a quality "Made in France" kevlar Hutchinson at the right price then tells me he has another somewhere if I want both for the price of one ! Hells yeah.

Straight onto the bike and already done a few Ks to christen it before more forecast rain.

Love riding this 25 year old Vintage Cannondale.

Guy in the shop wanted to take a picture of it.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2022, 06:26 PM   #4505
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good score RocKWiz
Today I went to my local pet store where we are members.
Went to get my usual 20kg bag of dog food, nearly $170.
Said to the girl at the counter "Has this really gone up in price?" (paid about $100 last time)
She said it had, but because we're members she'll go on line for me and price match.
Gave me $46 off.
Gee if I hadn't have queried it...
6 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2022, 06:42 PM   #4506
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Good score RocKWiz
Today I went to my local pet store where we are members.
Went to get my usual 20kg bag of dog food, nearly $170.
Said to the girl at the counter "Has this really gone up in price?" (paid about $100 last time)
She said it had, but because we're members she'll go on line for me and price match.
Gave me $46 off.
Gee if I hadn't have queried it...
Geez for that sort of money you could buy fresh ingredients and make proper dog food.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2022, 06:47 PM   #4507
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Chicken breast@ average $10per kg X 20kg = $200. + electricity and time
beef mince @ $12per kg X 20kg = $240. _ electricity and time.

and thats without buying the vegies or rice

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2022, 06:54 PM   #4508
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Chicken breast@ average $10per kg X 20kg = $200. + electricity and time
beef mince @ $12per kg X 20kg = $240. _ electricity and time.

and thats without buying the vegies or rice
Yeah sorry I underestimated the total cost.I use beef mince at about$10kg.carrots at about $1.50kg and celery at about $3 bunch,makes about 20kg for around $140kg but I only make 2-3kg at a time.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2022, 09:57 PM   #4509
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Geez for that sort of money you could buy fresh ingredients and make proper dog food.
I do that too, half and half. Cheap mince and cheap shredded chicken thighs with spud and carrot.
This user likes this post:
Old 30-04-2022, 01:59 PM   #4510
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In the local park this morning I saw a scarlet robin for the first time in a couple of years. (I am very much an amateur bird watcher.)
xkxlxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2022, 04:03 PM   #4511
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Picked up my disabled brother (just got diagnosed with dementia too poor guy) from his care home in the yellow XC and went for a drive to the coast and along the coast line.
An orange and black GTS Monaro tagged in behind me, we got lots of looks and finger pointing. Wish I could have got a photo.
My brother thought it was pretty cool, giving the Monaro the thumbs up.
Then we had coffee and muffins in the park near home.
Good day, he's now happily watching an old Harrison Ford movie (his favourite actor after Luke Skywalker) before I have to take him back, he won't be happy then.
Old 01-05-2022, 05:27 PM   #4512
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

jaydees post.
Your brother has a good brother.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
10 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2022, 06:10 PM   #4513
.:4:.
Kicking back

Renewed my ewp licence today. So its only an 11m not high risk. Just an online course thing. Yeah, i dont really need it these days, but eh, for $50 for another 5 years might aswell keep it.
So the quiz's are 100% pass rate. 3 attempts but anyhow.
Started to read the material for the 1st quiz. It made me feel stupider then before i started. Long story short, skim read all the topic material, aced the tests. To get an ewp ticket you need to do the physical course. Thats not hard. Operate the equiptment and then do a written test. Its basic as. The renewel is online. If you cannot pass that then, i dunno. But eh, 15 minutes of my day.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2022, 06:25 PM   #4514
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Davison or Waters !!!!! Either doesn't matter .. A Blue Oval looking car finally wins a race in 2022... About bloody time ...controversy on the penalty or not .,

And the Tigers thumped West Coast on Friday night ...And the Jack Jumpers in their first NBL season won a finals game against MU ...So cool ..

Last edited by roddy1960; 01-05-2022 at 06:30 PM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2022, 07:17 PM   #4515
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
jaydees post.
Your brother has a good brother.
This..
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2022, 08:02 PM   #4516
Kicking back

So with the ewp licence thing, the only reason i have one is because at my last job i bought it up to my employer as we used them frequently but nobody was licenced.
So yeah, thats how i got my licence done.
Texted my mate, my old manager, today to ask if he got the renewel email. He did the same course on the same day. His first response was no. 5 minutes later, it was a yes, but it was in his junk mail. So my response was do it on your works time, and if you cannot pass it you're retarded. He's a good mate, so mates are allowed to call each other retards or spazz's or other derogatory terms.
For both my mate and myself, we dont need ewp licences anymore. But, might aswell, whats another card in the wallet?
Old 02-05-2022, 01:24 PM   #4517
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
Davison or Waters !!!!! Either doesn't matter .. A Blue Oval looking car finally wins a race in 2022... About bloody time ...controversy on the penalty or not .,

And the Tigers thumped West Coast on Friday night ...And the Jack Jumpers in their first NBL season won a finals game against MU ...So cool ..
My wife and her bridge team could beat the Eagles
Old 02-05-2022, 01:33 PM   #4518
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
My Daughter who lives in Broome has just started a YouTube channel, finally.
I've been at her for ages to do this, so proud.
Her and her financee get out and about having lots of adventures.
If you would like to subscribe would be great,
Tides, Kat and Cams Kimberley Adventures.
So one of her latest clips has gone viral. Over 10 million views on ABC Kimberley FB alone.
She has signed onto a UK media group to hopefully gets some $ out of it.
The clip is a crocodile trying to jump into their tinny while fishing for barramundi.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2022, 01:52 PM   #4519
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
So one of her latest clips has gone viral. Over 10 million views on ABC Kimberley FB alone.
She has signed onto a UK media group to hopefully gets some $ out of it.
The clip is a crocodile trying to jump into their tinny while fishing for barramundi.
I hardly look things up like this on the net BUT only because its you jaydee, after what you did for your Bro, your a good man/bro and father I expect so I'm checking out your daughters site.
Thanks for just being you.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2022, 01:56 PM   #4520
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Whats making me feel good today ?
Saturday my eldest son got married to a beautiful person who had become a daughter in law long before this and I'm still on a high.
Sydney had been having such unpredicable weather and being a outdoor wedding it was raining in the morn but clearing mid arvo.
Service was 3pm, just as she was walking down through the garden aisle the sun broke through !
You couldn't have asked for more perfect timing !!!!!
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2022, 02:15 PM   #4521
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Feet up in the mancave not working on ****box cars !
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2022, 02:17 PM   #4522
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Quote:
Picked up my disabled brother (just got diagnosed with dementia too poor guy) from his care home in the yellow XC and went for a drive to the coast and along the coast line.
An orange and black GTS Monaro tagged in behind me, we got lots of looks and finger pointing. Wish I could have got a photo.
My brother thought it was pretty cool, giving the Monaro the thumbs up.
Then we had coffee and muffins in the park near home.
Good day, he's now happily watching an old Harrison Ford movie (his favourite actor after Luke Skywalker) before I have to take him back, he won't be happy then.

This !!

What life is all about.

Love ya man...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2022, 02:47 PM   #4523
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Whats making me feel good today ?
Saturday my eldest son got married to a beautiful person who had become a daughter in law long before this and I'm still on a high.
Sydney had been having such unpredicable weather and being a outdoor wedding it was raining in the morn but clearing mid arvo.
Service was 3pm, just as she was walking down through the garden aisle the sun broke through !
You couldn't have asked for more perfect timing !!!!!
Reminds me of something that happened once when I worked in Defence and we were on an adventure training exercise with our business unit.

Our unit was made up of both serving military staff and civilian public servants, so the exercises were generally not as 'out there' as if it was a military only group.

This particular exercise included a lot of team building activities, one of which was a high ropes course, which culminated in the 'leap of faith' where the participant climbed a very high small pole, about 400mm in diameter and 40ft high. The pole had cuts in the side to allow the participant to climb it. At the top of the pole was a platform to stand on, again about 400mm on each side. Just enough room to put your feet firmly on. At a reasonable distance (maybe about 8 feet?) from the platform was a swing (like you see with a trapeze artist). The idea was that you needed to climb the pole, somehow work out how to get yourself onto the platform, without any stabilising aids (ie nothing to hold on to) and then jump to catch the swing. Once you'd done that, you let go of the swing and you were lowered to the ground via the harness.

One of the participants was a public servant from our finance department. He must have been in his 50s at that stage. He was very much afraid of heights, so was very reluctant to even give it a go, but with a lot of encouragement from the rest of the group, he wrestled up the courage to have a go.

As you could imagine, someone with that amount of fear of heights took a long time to make his way to the top, but eventually did, even finding a way to be able to get onto the platform.

Standing on top of that pole, he was shaking so much that the pole was violently swaying from side to side. I've never seen anyone so scared in all my life. As you could imagine, it took a long time to coax him to even contemplate jumping off that platform into thin air, hoping like all buggery that he caught the swing.

He was also a very religious man. The day had been overcast all day and remained so for the rest of the day, too. But just as he stood at the top of the platform, the sky partially cleared around this chap standing at the top of the pole, bathing him in a bright light. It honestly looked like he had a halo around him. We were even fortunate enough that the activity photographer happened to take a pic of him right at that point.

He never did work up the courage to make that jump. And he had to climb back down the pole as he could not handle being lowered in his harness. But what he achieved that day was truly inspirational and something I will never forget. The resilience he showed was inspiring to everyone that saw him that day, including the instructors who had seen many people have a go at this exercise.

RIP Michael.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2022, 03:35 PM   #4524
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Reminds me of something that happened once when I worked in Defence and we were on an adventure training exercise with our business unit.

Our unit was made up of both serving military staff and civilian public servants, so the exercises were generally not as 'out there' as if it was a military only group.

This particular exercise included a lot of team building activities, one of which was a high ropes course, which culminated in the 'leap of faith' where the participant climbed a very high small pole, about 400mm in diameter and 40ft high. The pole had cuts in the side to allow the participant to climb it. At the top of the pole was a platform to stand on, again about 400mm on each side. Just enough room to put your feet firmly on. At a reasonable distance (maybe about 8 feet?) from the platform was a swing (like you see with a trapeze artist). The idea was that you needed to climb the pole, somehow work out how to get yourself onto the platform, without any stabilising aids (ie nothing to hold on to) and then jump to catch the swing. Once you'd done that, you let go of the swing and you were lowered to the ground via the harness.

One of the participants was a public servant from our finance department. He must have been in his 50s at that stage. He was very much afraid of heights, so was very reluctant to even give it a go, but with a lot of encouragement from the rest of the group, he wrestled up the courage to have a go.

As you could imagine, someone with that amount of fear of heights took a long time to make his way to the top, but eventually did, even finding a way to be able to get onto the platform.

Standing on top of that pole, he was shaking so much that the pole was violently swaying from side to side. I've never seen anyone so scared in all my life. As you could imagine, it took a long time to coax him to even contemplate jumping off that platform into thin air, hoping like all buggery that he caught the swing.

He was also a very religious man. The day had been overcast all day and remained so for the rest of the day, too. But just as he stood at the top of the platform, the sky partially cleared around this chap standing at the top of the pole, bathing him in a bright light. It honestly looked like he had a halo around him. We were even fortunate enough that the activity photographer happened to take a pic of him right at that point.

He never did work up the courage to make that jump. And he had to climb back down the pole as he could not handle being lowered in his harness. But what he achieved that day was truly inspirational and something I will never forget. The resilience he showed was inspiring to everyone that saw him that day, including the instructors who had seen many people have a go at this exercise.

RIP Michael.
Ahhhhhh, that reminds me of school camp in year 8. There was a high ropes course. Clearly not as high and more basic. Anyhow, 1 kid froze after the 1st climb. Took 3 of the staff to get him down.
We were savages back then, that bloke earned the nickname ropes. In passing everyone would say hi ropes. It was a constant reminder....
Old 06-05-2022, 11:41 PM   #4525
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was getting my groceries as I usually do and some UAP candidate came at me forcing a flyer in my face. It made me feel good when I put that rubbish in the bin where it belongs
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2022, 08:38 AM   #4526
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Auckland this morning...

5 users like this post:
Old 07-05-2022, 09:40 AM   #4527
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I prefer the close up one.
Remember as a young one telling north islanders, any more crap and we will cut the power cables and yous guys will float away on your own smog blanket.
Old 07-05-2022, 12:12 PM   #4528
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha Tonz not smog but early morning mist, super clear autumn day here.
Old 07-05-2022, 06:24 PM   #4529
Kicking back

So i do speak to my kid everyday, but i havent seen him in person for ages. Anyhow, went for arfternoon tea with him this arvo. He's 12, but man alive. He's 5"10'. Im 35 and not entirely short at 6"2', but he is going to be a giant.
I did have a few things to give to him. But one joke item, ill get to that in a sec. I always ask him if he has a girlfriend yet? He is in year 7, he knows im joking sort of. Yep, i bought him a can that will guarentee he will be holding hands with other girls in year 7. Linx africa.
Old 07-05-2022, 06:56 PM   #4530
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post

RIP Michael.
Great story... but the RIP at the end is alarming!
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post