Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-05-2015, 09:08 AM   #4531
Bolly47
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIZ111 View Post
Hi

Im Dion, First time Ford Falcon owner after many a Holden. I have a 05 BA XR6 non turbo sedan. Awesome to drive. Looking to turbo intercool and tune the engine later on. Got this car as a swap on a Dirty old Toyota Surf I had advertised on Gumtree. This car is a awesome base for a turbo project. Loving it at the moment as it is nice and comfortable to cruise in, turbo is on the cards for sure. Glad to be here.

Cheers Dion
Hi Dion Ti very nice falcon same as my mate have got four speed auto however fitted turbo in early BA engine have weak conrod as is somewhere in the discussed ford forum maybe better start research before you able to modify ian
Bolly47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 31-05-2015, 11:31 AM   #4532
DIZ111
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolly47 View Post
Hi Dion Ti very nice falcon same as my mate have got four speed auto however fitted turbo in early BA engine have weak conrod as is somewhere in the discussed ford forum maybe better start research before you able to modify ian
Thanks Ian, Yeah doing the research at the moment. Some guys have done it only running a low boost tho. Maybe better to buy a engine conversion or a XR6T wreck and do a transplant. cheers
DIZ111 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2015, 05:09 PM   #4533
Runman

Hi all, my names Michael. I've owned a 93 ED XR6 for 18 years now, love my car, even though it's a bit of a dinosaur nowadays. It's all stock, but in excellent condition. I've already learned a lot from this site, but I'm thinking to give the whole drivetrain some reconditioning to bring it up to 2015. So I can see some questions coming.

I don't have any quality pictures, but this is it...

Runman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2015, 12:51 AM   #4534
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Hi
my first post on AFF, love my fords so this is the place i should be. I've got 3 of them an FG XR6, a dirty old EF wagon, my work horse and an au XR6 ute my project Ill up load pics later

Talk soon
Blue Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2015, 12:14 PM   #4535
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

welcome to all
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2015, 07:04 PM   #4536
madmate
Starter Motor

Hi my name is Matt I have a 2002 au3 xr8. I was wondering if anyone knows what pistons I could use so I don't get PTV contact. I have fitted Afr 185 heads which are working well but to get them really breathing I need a bigger cam but with 2020" inlet valves I will get PTV contact all help appreciated
madmate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2015, 11:40 AM   #4537
Silver'
T-Series Club Member Vic

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent write ups on AU technical issues. 

Welcome madmate. That's a pretty big set of heads for a 5.0L so if suggest heading over to the Windsor room and asking the question there mate. Get it right and she'll be a screamer that's for sure!
TE2 #116
Build/Maintenance thread here.
www.fte.ford.com.au lives! 2001 2002
Add a T-series to the Registry HERE
Silver' is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2015, 02:03 PM   #4538
jlsxr6
Starter Motor

Hey Guys, New to the forum. On here to get some ideas and solutions to various issues that may come up. Sold my Holden VZ SS and Recently bought a 2009 FG xr6 N/A.

Last edited by jlsxr6; 05-06-2015 at 02:12 PM.
jlsxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2015, 09:09 AM   #4539
fgute297
Starter Motor

Hi everyone my name is bryce im a new member ive owned my fg turbo ute for two years now have done a few mods goes good i have a problem with my power steering it is really noisey under load and heavy to steer. Fuild is good cant see any leakes???
fgute297 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2015, 02:11 PM   #4540
Bolly47
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgute297 View Post
Hi everyone my name is bryce im a new member ive owned my fg turbo ute for two years now have done a few mods goes good i have a problem with my power steering it is really noisey under load and heavy to steer. Fuild is good cant see any leakes???
hi Maybe power steering pump need overhaul and release valve spring maybe weak and that where noise coming from .
Bolly47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2015, 02:49 PM   #4541
Lyn Scott
Starter Motor

Hi. My Name is Lyn Scott. I live in Christchurch New Zealand. I own a 2005 BA that has the ignition switch problem of not returning to run position. The dealers here want $1200 to repair. I have seen on your forum,May 2014 that someone had drilled in a screw as the pin but now I cant get back to the article. However I will keep trying. Great to be part of your Forums
Lyn Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2015, 09:29 PM   #4542
Sherro1
Starter Motor

G'day guys the names Sheridan thought i should say hi i've been a member for a little while now. I have a AUII Fairlane Sportsman, i've had to do a suspension up date as the roads in central qld tried to tare the floor pan out of the car it's good now no more bottoming out on the black stuff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0297.jpg (163.4 KB, 12 views)
Sherro1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2015, 12:58 PM   #4543
masterofarmz
Starter Motor

Hey everyone my name is Scott, I have actually been a member here since 2012, however I thought it was about time that I said hello!! I own a 2005 BA MKII XR6 in Silhouette Black, and boy she performs excellently!! Anyway looking forward to hearing from some of you soon!!

Thank you
Scott

Last edited by masterofarmz; 07-06-2015 at 01:04 PM.
masterofarmz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2015, 03:43 PM   #4544
Jake 03 XR6
Starter Motor

Hi guys I bought a 03 BA XR6 a few months back and now the time has come to service it. It has only done 57xxx KMs from new (it has been serviced every 12 months or every 10,000km) and because of its age I was wondering if i should get a major service done or just a basic service and a check over?

Would love some feedback as I'm unsure on what I should do.

Not really 100% sure with how this website works yet so sorry if i posted this in the wrong section.
Thanks
my xr6 ba.jpg

Last edited by Jake 03 XR6; 07-06-2015 at 03:55 PM.
Jake 03 XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2015, 11:32 AM   #4545
AdelaideXR5

G'Day all

Newbie to the forum saying Hello.

I currently have a 2010 LX XR5 turbo Focus, modified for 175kw atw and looking to trade it in for TF MK2 Kuga Trend with the 2.0 turbo. Already have lined up a tune, aftermarket exhaust and breather kit for the Kuga to push it up over 200kw at the flywheel as stock it is 178kw. Should be a hoot for an AWD Auto SUV to give a few hot hatches a run for the money. Also suits the family needs. My XR5 is getting way too many Falcodores wanting to drag at the lights so wife getting annoyed. Im in Adelaide, so an other Kuga owners wanting to say hello and learn about modding fo this car, more than welcome to get in touch. Am also on XRST Adelaide Facebook page which is agreat community for Focus/Fiesta XR an RS cars. Hoping to badge mine as a Kuga ST and debadge the Trend lettering 1st chance I get.
AdelaideXR5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2015, 01:14 PM   #4546
Karl350
Starter Motor

Hi I hope this is the right way to ask a question about PK Ranger problem [110k] with engine code PO 340 bank 1.
Im an ex-mechanic. Have replaced timing belt, fuel filter, cam sensor, checked map/mafsensors, new battery, checked starter motor, anything else that threads suggest. Engine light comes on randomly, but MAYBE more often when decellerating eg cornering in suburbia, however engine drives well with no other symptoms. Bought the car 4000km ago at 101,000, drove fine for 2500km then the light started coming on. Ideas anyone?
Karl350 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2015, 03:19 PM   #4547
Attila75

Hi guys, I'm Attila a self-employed tradie. My old van has died and looking to get a second hand Falcon MK III wagon. And hope to use this site to help with any issues I may encounter. Cheers.
Attila75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2015, 04:12 PM   #4548
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Welcome to all the new members.

Karl350 try asking in the Ranger specific section..........
http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=371
Old 08-06-2015, 10:04 PM   #4549
Jai
Starter Motor

Hey Guys and girls. My name is Jai. I am a car enthusiast and mechanic and love a wide variety of different cars. I have always loved old Fords though and I recently bought a XC Fairmont sedan with a 302 Cleveland and 3 speed auto. It is pretty much standard excpet for being lowered a little, an aftermarket steering wheel, duel exhaust, gxl rear bumper and a closed door respray in original colour. I plan to own her for many years and slowly fix up bits and pieces as well as subtle mods as much as my tight budget will allow . Joined this forum to learn a lot more about her and perv at other beautiful rides
Jai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2015, 11:07 AM   #4550
Ladashah
Starter Motor

G'day everyone,

I'm a secondary maths/science teacher in Northern Vic and been in Fords all my life. Just offloaded my AU Falcon Forte for a G6E 50th Anniversary (no turbo) and couldn't be happier. Taking this puppy to Tasmania in the holidays to give it a good run and see how it handles the roads.
See you all in the forums.
Ladashah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2015, 12:47 PM   #4551
connie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladashah View Post
G'day everyone,

I'm a secondary maths/science teacher in Northern Vic and been in Fords all my life. Just offloaded my AU Falcon Forte for a G6E 50th Anniversary (no turbo) and couldn't be happier. Taking this puppy to Tasmania in the holidays to give it a good run and see how it handles the roads.
See you all in the forums.
I am sure you won,t be dissapointed.
connie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2015, 03:26 PM   #4552
photolabtech
Starter Motor

Its been a while since I've had a problem with my BA so I have not been on this site.

I now have a slight leak of transmission fluid from the bottom radiator cooling pipe. The pipe union is tight. Does anybody have any ideas on stopping this leak?

Phil
photolabtech is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2015, 09:04 AM   #4553
Jingle1947
Starter Motor

Hi there all,
I am new to this forum and look forward to, hopefully, getting some answers/advice re my XB Coupe John Goss Special.
Cheers
Jingle1947 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2015, 10:03 PM   #4554
DWR
Starter Motor

Hello from the outher side of the world (USA),
Been a Ford fan since my first car, a 429 powered LTD. Well, at some point I started driving German autos and have owned all the major brands. Don't worry, there's still a Cleveland in the garage. Anyway, getting involved in tuning ZF6HP28 in BMW 335Ds. Learning alot from this forum and the folks tuning ZF6HP26s in some pretty impressive Faclons. Hopefully, it will translate to the 335D.
DWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2015, 10:05 AM   #4555
KiwiJonesy
Starter Motor

Gidday guys, short time lurker, first post! Industrial medic from WA, not quite a car enthusiast, more a dreamer...Got a sensible family car now (Territory ) which we love. Would rather have a V8 but thats life!
Looking forward to finding out more from helpful folks here as new to WA so recommendations for mech's etc will be sought! Cheers...
KiwiJonesy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2015, 11:21 AM   #4556
Jarrodf
Starter Motor

Hi All,
New to the forum (as a member) but have been trawling these pages for some time now and found them to be very useful.

Big ford fan, currently own 2011 fg xr6 n/a and just picked up a 2010 FG F6E

Hope to learn much more from these pages.

Cheers,
Jarrod
Jarrodf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2015, 07:23 PM   #4557
haoxuee
Starter Motor

idday guys, short time lurker, first post! Industrial medic from WA, not quite a car enthusiast, more a dreamer...Got a sensible family car now (Territory ) which we love. Would rather have a V8 but thats life!
Looking forward to finding out more from helpful folks here as new to WA so recommendations for mech's etc will be sought! Cheers...
haoxuee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2015, 11:19 AM   #4558
Phils Ute
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all!

So I've been lurking around the pages for a while just taking in what there is to offer and thought I should say hi.

I'd like to congratulate everyone on what an awesome community you have here. Not only due to the technical information available and advice that is freely offered from members but also discussions and support in The Bar on topics of depression and anxiety. Both of which I suffer from.

I have been a member of a few car forums in the past but this is the first that offers areas for this type of discussion and where members feel comfortable to share their experiences. Which I plan to do in due time.

Cheers

Phil
Old 13-06-2015, 01:52 PM   #4559
Rokibereje
Starter Motor

G'day all Ive owned a Falcon for most of my life my first one was an XY (Why did i trade it in?) I now have a fg mk2 XR6 in Kinetic blue yes I love it, but now I m getting an error message that says "System comms error@ and then it tells you to press the s
"SEL" button and when you do that you get the warning triangle on the display with the number one next to it. I have also noticed that I can't use the sequential sports shifter either. HELP any Ideas before I take it to FORD to have it looked at. Thanks in advance regards Rolf
Rokibereje is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2015, 01:45 PM   #4560
exartapp
Starter Motor

Hello.

Now on my second falcon.

current is 2011 FG G6E. 37K on clock

great car.

Not too happy with recent wheel alignment results.

Local Ford Agents carried out checks. Only Front Wheel toe appear to be within specs.

Any comments?
exartapp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post