Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-12-2022, 04:29 PM   #4801
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

although I posted above, the thinking to have an old farm hack Rodeo ute with some surprise under the bonnet, and not be afraid to rub shoulders with pusher inners does get tempting.
Old 29-12-2022, 04:35 PM   #4802
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
although I posted above, the thinking to have an old farm hack Rodeo ute with some surprise under the bonnet, and not be afraid to rub shoulders with pusher inners does get tempting.
Good reason to own an old medium sized truck with big heavy steel bumpers.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-12-2022, 04:54 PM   #4803
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My old tatty XY, black in and out, looked like a Mad Max extra....never had any problem with people pushing in or holding me up when I drove that thing.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-12-2022, 06:45 PM   #4804
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ref the impatient pushing in on merging lanes............ yes... it is an age thing ......... I am 75 years old, and grumpy old man with no patience for ****heads of any age, and getting worse. I don't mind the zipper system of merging 2 lanes into 1, happily wave another motorist in who is doing the right thing.
Also ex-ADF where the "hurry up and wait" joke is normal operating procedure, "wait, procrastinate, then hurry and be late" mentality ****s me no end.
Inconsiderate, opinionated, self-important ladder climbers usually do well for a few years until they are promoted into incompetence. Then they become a figure of ridicule.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 29-12-2022, 06:56 PM   #4805
marty351
Shenanigans..............

https://youtu.be/TSrEdeuc4Ag
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-12-2022, 08:12 PM   #4806
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool[B
]I think it’s an age thing?[/B]
Years ago, yep I’d have done exactly the same. Nowadays I couldn’t give two hoots and will gladly let em in… And with a smile and a wave.
Don’t fret the little stuff mate…
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Don't know about the age thing and letting them in, I do try to take your approach but these days there is more and more of these so called self-entitled arrogant mongrels pushing their way in as if they own the roads, I think I'm losing my patience as I grow old as these queue jumpers do really p*** me off.
I don't think it's an age thing either, more so an person's tolerance to fools.

My father is 70, he hates this sort of thing and will actively not leave enough space for those arrogant, self-entitled morons who think it's ok to act like a di.k. We are all have somewhere else to be, but what makes these people more important than everyone else trying to do the same thing.

I also deal with the same situation every day on the trip to work, two lanes merging into one. 99% of drivers either have no clue how to allow traffic to flow so that everyone smoothly merges, or the arrogant ones who just speed up and force their way in...........those who do that are usually driving a Prado or Hilux.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-12-2022, 10:55 PM   #4807
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I don't think it's an age thing either, more so an person's tolerance to fools.

My father is 70, he hates this sort of thing and will actively not leave enough space for those arrogant, self-entitled morons who think it's ok to act like a di.k. We are all have somewhere else to be, but what makes these people more important than everyone else trying to do the same thing.

I also deal with the same situation every day on the trip to work, two lanes merging into one. 99% of drivers either have no clue how to allow traffic to flow so that everyone smoothly merges, or the arrogant ones who just speed up and force their way in...........those who do that are usually driving a Prado or Hilux.
I find the Merc's is my pet hate, plenty of them around where I live, and they drive like maniacs.
I do understand your attitude to Prado Hilux bias as I do often see many makes and models of 4wd's& SUV's intimidate motorist's.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2023, 10:42 AM   #4808
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Back at work today

Nearly two weeks off went waaaaayyyyy too fast....

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2023, 01:59 PM   #4809
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Facebook for the last 2 days has been an unending stream of obvious scam adds, some are the same image, same text different sponsored name, upto 6 in a row Phark!

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 10-01-2023, 01:31 PM   #4810
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I went to drop in to the graveside of an acquaintance, recently deceased. A confirmed bachelor, he was supposed to be cremated and the ashes interred in his parents’ double-depth plot with a remade plaque.

Unfortunately he died intestate and it looks like his greedy sister hasn’t paid down the funeral yet - there’s definitely no recent disturbance to the grave. Only been two months, and they had plenty of forewarning. I was saddened and disappointed.

The other curious part of visiting a cemetery in hi-vis, being that people assume you work there.

On the positive side, it was the same complex where my father’s funeral was held. Seeing it without the tunnel vision of that occasion - or the crippling Covid rules - was probably a useful thing.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2023, 01:40 PM   #4811
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I went to drop in to the graveside of an acquaintance, recently deceased. A confirmed bachelor, he was supposed to be cremated and the ashes interred in his parents’ double-depth plot with a remade plaque.

Unfortunately he died intestate and it looks like his greedy sister hasn’t paid down the funeral yet - there’s definitely no recent disturbance to the grave. Only been two months, and they had plenty of forewarning. I was saddened and disappointed.

The other curious part of visiting a cemetery in hi-vis, being that people assume you work there.

On the positive side, it was the same complex where my father’s funeral was held. Seeing it without the tunnel vision of that occasion - or the crippling Covid rules - was probably a useful thing.
Northern Suburbs Crematorium. NR.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-01-2023, 04:38 PM   #4812
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post

I know how you exactly feel, could also be the funeral director's fault, I had an incident with my mother's ashes supposedly being interred in her parent's plot, on the day no one turned up to do this and believe me with a phone call or two it was done in 2 hours, what was disappointing the Cemetry trust knew nothing of this.
Hats off to Cemetry staff who quickly set right this error for prompt action.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-01-2023, 06:43 PM   #4813
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Paying for shipping and then having the item left in a parcel locker instead. No attempted delivery either, was home all day with the garage door open.
Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 25-01-2023, 07:36 PM   #4814
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Yes, I’d be hacked off, too.

Today I replaced a wobbly wheel hub on the ute. Win.
Then I discovered the coolant reservoir has cracked at the lowest hose spigot. Not win.
4 users like this post:
Old 25-01-2023, 07:39 PM   #4815
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I bought a block of VB this arvo from the cool room. I got home and wasn't cold :(
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2023, 12:11 PM   #4816
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Paying for shipping and then having the item left in a parcel locker instead. No attempted delivery either, was home all day with the garage door open.
Happened to me yesterday.
Home all day, parcel was taken to PO.
Went to collect the following morning and was told it wont be there til 1pm.
My little rant forced the shopowner to have a look, just in case.
Walked out with my parcel.
Hopeless.
5 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2023, 02:06 PM   #4817
vixf6

Had a work colleague pass away on Monday. Late 40’s. Told me Friday she was feeling tired and looked it. Suggested she go home and rest and she did. Went to ED on the weekend and they couldn’t save her.

She was a 10/10 Human. Nothing was ever too much trouble, always said yes to any task and did it with a smile. Extremely highly skilled. When she arrived at work she lifted everyone with her spirit, attitude and happiness. All of us (me in particular) rode on this wave of energy and positive outlook. Never known anything like it.

She was loved by everyone who knew her.

She had a horrible childhood growing up in Vietnam and nearly drowned.

Entire workplace is filled with extreme grief.

Dont usually shed tears but writing this I am.

Her name was Kim.

Rest In Peace Dear Kim.
2016 R8 Clubsport Lsa sold for beer money
F6 sold AND SAD ABOUT IT
vixf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2023, 02:09 PM   #4818
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I bought a block of VB this arvo from the cool room. I got home and wasn't cold :(
Thats unaustralian....
My local bottlo, the only reason they stock the coopers xpa's is because im the only person who buys them. They even sell them cheaper then everywhere else as im the only customer of theirs that buys them. The staff told me that. Theres only ever 1 case in the cool room tucked away in the corner, but its in the same place everytime. Also works well for thermal efficiency being surrounded by weird beers that also dont sell.
Surprisingly they always have new on special, speaking to staff, new doesnt fly out the door. They mark up vb and thats their cash cow.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2023, 02:23 PM   #4819
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Condolences to vixf6, your workmates and your colleague’s family.
4 users like this post:
Old 27-01-2023, 06:10 PM   #4820
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Booked two cars in for overdue services today, the Jag and XR6.

For the XR6, I have supplied my own oil with this car since the first service, synthetic Castrol Edge 5W-30. I had an old mechanic tell me once to pick an oil and stick with it for the rest of its life.

In general, Edge 5W-30 is always on sale from at least one of the three major chain store outlets. Except now it would seem.
Mustang GT

Old 03-02-2023, 01:08 PM   #4821
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate waiting behind cars at the petrol station. I go into one this morning, no empty spot for left hand filler cap, pull up behind a car, couldn't see if owner was still filling, but he/she wasn't. Must be paying inside. Wait a minute or so, no sign of owner. Doing the weekly shopping? Paying in 5c pieces? Should I have pulled up behind the next bloke who was still filling up? Who knows. I drive out. Will go back at night, which is what I should always do ..........
xkxlxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2023, 01:09 PM   #4822
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkxlxm View Post
I hate waiting behind cars at the petrol station. I go into one this morning, no empty spot for left hand filler cap, pull up behind a car, couldn't see if owner was still filling, but he/she wasn't. Must be paying inside. Wait a minute or so, no sign of owner. Doing the weekly shopping? Paying in 5c pieces? Should I have pulled up behind the next bloke who was still filling up? Who knows. I drive out. Will go back at night, which is what I should always do ..........
Maybe needed a dunny run
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2023, 02:56 PM   #4823
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A support worker I arranged for to take my disabled brother out twice a week contacted me all upset.
They were at a Cafe, parked his walking frame out of the way near the toilets.
Some low life stole the basket that goes under the seat ( only list his cap and some papers).
The poor carer was beside her self, so upset.
I explained that it's all OK, absolutely not her fault, there are scum wandering the streets, just one of those things, besides, only $28 for a new one.
But why? At least they didn't take the whole thing I guess.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2023, 03:09 PM   #4824
1970XW351
Angry Dub Driver

Probably thought they'd score a trove of prescription meds and a wallet/handbag... Doesn't explain why they still took it once it revealed itself to be bereft of such things... People are idiots/crap I guess..
1970XW351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2023, 03:23 PM   #4825
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I hope the cap is readily replaceable and your brother’s not too upset. We used to keep spares of things like sunglasses that my father made disappear incomprehensibly.
Old 06-02-2023, 02:00 AM   #4826
Roger1960

Quote:
Booked two cars in for overdue services today, the Jag and XR6.

For the XR6, I have supplied my own oil with this car since the first service, synthetic Castrol Edge 5W-30. I had an old mechanic tell me once to pick an oil and stick with it for the rest of its life.

In general, Edge 5W-30 is always on sale from at least one of the three major chain store outlets. Except now it would seem.

It's the same for me here in Adelaide, the Penrite 5W-20 I use in my Xr8, is rarely on sale at Repco or Supercheap Auto.
Old 07-02-2023, 05:14 PM   #4827
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Waiting for the local Karen(s) to now take umbrage at my kerbside Tahitian Lime tree.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-02-...imes/101940330

Ficus sap, Rhus tree dust, mango sores, Lyssavirus, Hendra virus, Buruli ulcers… We really live on the edge in Australia. :-/
2 users like this post:
Old 08-02-2023, 12:14 AM   #4828
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^ Bit surprised at the blistering, poor fella
Old 09-02-2023, 01:42 PM   #4829
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Tell you what has bugged me for sometime !
I need reciepts for accounting purpose's as I'm sure many do in their own biz.
How much longer can servos get them to be, bl oody shells one of them, they are like 2foot long ffs grrrrrr no I don't care about other specials etc I just want the pump cost and showing the gst.
I have to tear the reminder off everytime and purposely give it back to the counter guy/gal saying tell your company to save paper ffs.

Next having bought a few new pairs of pants/jeans blah blah.
How bl oody long are the tags with the washing warnings etcetc.....
Again like 6/8" long, get the scissors chop em off.

Yes minor world probs lol
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 09-02-2023, 05:15 PM   #4830
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Tell you what has bugged me for sometime !
I need reciepts for accounting purpose's as I'm sure many do in their own biz.
How much longer can servos get them to be, bl oody shells one of them, they are like 2foot long ffs grrrrrr no I don't care about other specials etc I just want the pump cost and showing the gst.
I have to tear the reminder off everytime and purposely give it back to the counter guy/gal saying tell your company to save paper ffs.

Next having bought a few new pairs of pants/jeans blah blah.
How bl oody long are the tags with the washing warnings etcetc.....
Again like 6/8" long, get the scissors chop em off.

Yes minor world probs lol
My problem when filing receipts for business, HUGE bit of paper, but I can barely see the date and total among the jumble of useless information.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz