Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-05-2016, 10:48 PM   #5011
Ace of Spades
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all thanks for the add . Had Fords all my life . Recently bought a 04 territory and have nearly finished going over it for reg and roadworthy . Also have a 64 compact fairlane that I've had for 30 years . Hope to find a bit of information re transfer case on this AWD terri . Cheers
Ace of Spades is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2016, 10:56 PM   #5012
AUXR8_98
Starter Motor

Hi guys thanks for the adding me again.

Lost my old account info so happy to be back again in the group.

Current fords line up is a 77 xc Fairmont 98 au xr8 and finally my second coupe project a 77 xc that needs attention but will be saved oneday not over night.
And the daily my 2015 Chrysler 300 SRT.

Cheers
AUXR8_98 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-05-2016, 06:41 PM   #5013
Andrewshennan
Starter Motor

Default Andrew Shennan...2013 Territory AWD Titainium

Hi All I have a 2013 Territory TDV6 AWD Titainium and it has major diff problems. When I purchased the vehicle brand new I complained each service about the noisy diff and 2 different dealerships tols me it was within their tolerances. It now has 140ks and it is now as if it is a locked diff and getting worse. I took it back to where I purchased it from and they told me what it would be and could not give me a cost to repair. I do not have a lot of knowledge about LS diffs , but have been told the clutch plates in it have locked up and to use an aditive which I was supplied the ford product and was added to the diff . Everyone tells me to just change the oils again and use the aditive and it should fix. Does anyone else have a similar issue? I heard they have had similar issues with diffs in some earlier Utes.
Andrewshennan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2016, 08:28 PM   #5014
Amy
ZF transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post
Hi Russ

Yes I checked all the doors several times, so I know it is not that.

thanks Amy
Hi Russ,

Lying in bed last night thinking about the beeping, I had the brilliant thought that it might be the bonnet, and it was!!! Once I opened it and closed it again, no more beeps.

Thanks
Amy
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2016, 08:29 PM   #5015
Amy
ZF transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
The beeping could be any of a number of things but three beeps is usually a door ajar warning. Given that it has only started after a new battery has been fitted I'd be inclined to disconnect the battery for 30 minutes and then reconnect it.

Cheers
Russ
Hi Russ,

Lying in bed last night thinking about the beeping, I had the brilliant thought that it might be the bonnet, and it was!!! Once I opened it and closed it again, no more beeps.

Thanks
Amy
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2016, 09:27 PM   #5016
Shane L
Starter Motor

Hello all, After a 30 + year's without a XP hardtop I found this on gumtree in Hobart, After a very wet 5 hour trip down & 6 hours drive back ( normally 3.5 hours) she's home. Its a project but the previous owner has done a lot of work, Hopefully in 18 months she will be on the road & I would Love to take it to North west Tasmania Deloraine car show the best Iv seen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xp4.jpg (88.7 KB, 34 views)
Shane L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2016, 10:47 PM   #5017
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Don't respond guys, the mods have been notified.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-05-2016, 07:57 PM   #5018
Tam79
Starter Motor

Gday all, I'm new to this site. Very interesting reading some posts, and would like to know how to start a thread about an xg ute I'm having stating issues with. Thanks in advance 👍
Tam79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2016, 08:03 PM   #5019
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam79 View Post
Gday all, I'm new to this site. Very interesting reading some posts, and would like to know how to start a thread about an xg ute I'm having stating issues with. Thanks in advance 👍
Welcome to AFF Tam.

Go to the Ute's & Vans section http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=75 and just click on the 'New Thread' button and your away.
Old 08-05-2016, 04:26 PM   #5020
DoubleTrouble

G'day guys, I'm always getting in trouble when working on modern cars, new technology eludes me at times, hopefully I get the solutions when asked for.

Great looking site.

Pete.
DoubleTrouble is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2016, 09:33 PM   #5021
snapper6996
Starter Motor

Hi people...ford territory turbo first ford since the 70's...
snapper6996 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2016, 06:43 PM   #5022
Saulty67
Starter Motor

Hi everyone ,I have an ED XR 6 manual.Had the dizzy replaced and was fitted by a mobile mechanic.Its never run the same since ,the guy never used a timing light or set base timing is it possible he installed it incorrectly as I can not advance the timing anymore as TFI module is fouling and timing seems to be retarded by a few degrees .[Timing mark on pulley is to the right of indicator on block]Any input would help as I am pulling my hair out grrrrrrr,Cheers all.
Saulty67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2016, 06:24 AM   #5023
gonepajin
Starter Motor

Hi everyone first time for me being on this side of the fence. I have a Ford Laser 2000 KN Auto 1.6l(my first ford) that's only done just near 80000km nice car but starting to develop a couple of issues which I will bring up in another thread. But just wanted to say hi and any info for the laser send it my way and I'll be happy to check it out and I look forward to any advice or tips for keeping the laser purring as well. Cheers..
gonepajin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2016, 01:24 PM   #5024
94boss302
Starter Motor

G'day everyone, finally decided to actually join such a good site. As the name states, just got my ba xr8 boss 260 after having a good ol' ba xr6. Glad to be here guys!
94boss302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2016, 07:05 AM   #5025
FairmontMick
Starter Motor

Hi all Ford lovers, I joined the forum to get ideas and tips on things our Fords throw at us.
I have a 2002 BA Fairmont and love this car, getting a little old now but still keeps on chugging along. VERY keen on the new Mustang, it would be a major step up from the BA.
Test drive coming up
FairmontMick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2016, 03:56 PM   #5026
Zacherl
Starter Motor

Hi guys my name is Vladimir new to the forum thanks for having me. I'm a proud owner of a 2012 FG XR6 Turbo best car I have ever owned. Thanks
Zacherl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2016, 06:18 PM   #5027
Dieseldog
Starter Motor

Hello Ford Forums members, my name is Dieseldog, thanks for the great forum site. Currently between Fords at the moment (I have a 4 yo Ranger... but that doesn't count) having sold my 1983 XE 351 4spd in Jan, such is life.
Dieseldog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2016, 11:09 PM   #5028
Dashizzle
Starter Motor

Red face Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi ppl! Glad to be here😊 Im 37 and have played with cars for most of my life especialy the audio side of things. I am at the end of a 7 year over committed project and cant wait to finalise everything and have this unique machine on the road!!! Very excited and would love to share some build pix as a lot of work has gone into this beast. Took it to motorvation 30 as i got a nice spot and was blown away by all the interest in the car!almost everybody wanted to touch it!😓 Un fortunatly due to my deteriorating health i will have to sell this one of a kind street machine/luxury limousine once i have finished as i need to accept things for what they are and move on with different priorities in my life. This vehicle has been my lifes biggest achievement and is very much apart of me with all my blood,sweat and tears and who can forget the endless amounts of money that was been poured into it😅 But all in all lot of lessons learned and amazing results have been achieved!
I am new to forums so this is my first forum i have joined so please be understanding😂 I would much appreciate if some one please point me in the right direction to be able to display pix of this almost completly custom build street-machine rare 85 LTD stretch show car and maybie even where to go if once i have truly accepted the fact that i will need to sell this irreplaceable machine! Thanx in advance and thanx for having me🍻😊🍻
Dashizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2016, 11:15 PM   #5029
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashizzle View Post
Hi ppl! Glad to be here😊 Im 37 and have played with cars for most of my life especialy the audio side of things. I am at the end of a 7 year over committed project and cant wait to finalise everything and have this unique machine on the road!!! Very excited and would love to share some build pix as a lot of work has gone into this beast. Took it to motorvation 30 as i got a nice spot and was blown away by all the interest in the car!almost everybody wanted to touch it!😓 Un fortunatly due to my deteriorating health i will have to sell this one of a kind street machine/luxury limousine once i have finished as i need to accept things for what they are and move on with different priorities in my life. This vehicle has been my lifes biggest achievement and is very much apart of me with all my blood,sweat and tears and who can forget the endless amounts of money that was been poured into it😅 But all in all lot of lessons learned and amazing results have been achieved!
I am new to forums so this is my first forum i have joined so please be understanding😂 I would much appreciate if some one please point me in the right direction to be able to display pix of this almost completly custom build street-machine rare 85 LTD stretch show car and maybie even where to go if once i have truly accepted the fact that i will need to sell this irreplaceable machine! Thanx in advance and thanx for having me🍻😊🍻
First of all, welcome to Australia Ford Forums.

Start a thread in the project cars section.

Have a read around the threads and join in - you will find many people on here with a wealth of knowledge that are more than happy to help.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2016, 06:43 AM   #5030
Justdaz
Starter Motor

G'day everyone, just come back into the Ford camp after a few years on the dark side. After doing much research looking for a long distance commuter (country vic to Melbourne daily) have just picked up my new ride late 2012 ts Territory, loving it. Power and fuel economy is great and the ride is comparable to the 100 series land cruiser that we had. My only complaint would be that though I did a lot of research it wasn't til I picked up the car that I found that the timing belts (front and rear) have to be done at 160k and the car has 149k, bugger . Motor out and 2 grand if done at dealer. Ah well hope that's the only surprise in store.
Cheers.
Justdaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2016, 01:01 PM   #5031
badbody
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi everyone, nice to be a part of the ford forums, I have two ford's so getting the right info I need is great
badbody is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2016, 02:27 PM   #5032
BigGUWesty
Starter Motor

Hi guys..
Kallen is the name.
My main car is a GU patrol (given the screen name) but my daily driver is a series 1 ba falcon wagon..
Joined as I'm have niticed some transmission issues of late and I think hubs are about shot.
Anyway.. looking forward to a good read.
Cheers
BigGUWesty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2016, 04:00 PM   #5033
vickauici
Starter Motor

hi all my name is vic great to be part of the community my drive is a fg ford ute 6 cylinders looking forward to communicating thanks again
vickauici is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2016, 04:39 PM   #5034
KEVY123
Starter Motor

Wink Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi Guys Just got a 2016 Ranger xlt with technology pack.
Hope to ask a few questions later.
Kevy.
KEVY123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2016, 05:21 PM   #5035
KEVY123
Starter Motor

Wink Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi Guys,
Just picked up a 2016 Ford Ranger XLT with technology pack and starting to accessorize it to my liking and wanting to ask a few questions about it in the future.
Friar
Old 07-06-2016, 01:22 PM   #5036
Stevie Lynch
Starter Motor

Talking Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi y'all. Always keen to learn some short cuts or give a hand.
Have had lots (20 odd) of Fords over the years. At the mo there are two XF's, three EL's an FGXR6T and a new FGxXR8 Miami in the stable.

I will be asking some advise shortly on what type best to and best way to fit HID's to the XR8 so as I can see where I am actually going of a night.

Happy Days! Regards, Stevie.
Stevie Lynch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2016, 07:21 PM   #5037
KEVY123
Starter Motor

Thanks for the invite.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:44 PM   #5038
exwhy71
Starter Motor

Gday everyone
Can anyone assist with photos of an original XD Xe ford engine bay for a six cylinder. I am trying locate the position of all the vacuum hoses
Thanks exwhy71
exwhy71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2016, 10:36 PM   #5039
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwhy71 View Post
Gday everyone
Can anyone assist with photos of an original XD Xe ford engine bay for a six cylinder. I am trying locate the position of all the vacuum hoses
Thanks exwhy71
Welcome to AFF. Some of the people in the X series forum may have a picture, there's also a link to the workshop manual section there as well.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=86
Old 07-06-2016, 11:08 PM   #5040
m1gammon
Starter Motor

Hi
Have a BA falcon and have issue with no dash light, parkers, rear lights, and fog lamps and indicators are sounding fast but are not working.
I have checked fuses and multi function switch
Any suggestions of help are welcome
m1gammon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post