Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-06-2024, 01:15 PM   #5881
HIPO
Al

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Ahhhh, fixed. Praise be!
HIPO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 25-06-2024, 04:55 PM   #5882
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post
No coffee beans!!!!! tried instant, bag & tea, all taste like shite... off to the stinking supermarket.
For some reason, I've gone off coffee lately (instant, pods or espresso). A cup of tea feels so right for me at the moment.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 27-06-2024, 04:48 AM   #5883
onemanempire
Sharper than a marble
Donating Member3

Going to Bunnings to deliver 2 pallets of goods, I arrived at 1.55pm and left Bunnings at 5.05pm.. Grrrr, oh well, getting paid by the hour so can't complain to much... There has to be a better way.

This is what I saw when I rocked up: He was unstrapping to be unloaded, the forklift op was on lunch break. Why is there only one forky?

This is what was behind me...
Old 27-06-2024, 05:04 AM   #5884
onemanempire
Sharper than a marble
Donating Member3

A pic is worth a thousand words...

Old 27-06-2024, 10:46 AM   #5885
HIPO
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
For some reason, I've gone off coffee lately (instant, pods or espresso). A cup of tea feels so right for me at the moment.
Yes comes & goes with me too, but this is my longest run on coffee ever!
This user likes this post:
Old 27-06-2024, 10:50 AM   #5886
HIPO
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanempire View Post
Just to ad some clarification, I did clean the part before returning it, (sorry, must have been busy when posting) and the return was accepted with no probs, and a full refund given.

End of saga. I did get a response from Autopro today (24/6/2024) that reads:

"Hi one man,

Our apologies if you have not heard anything back about the issue.

We have followed it up to the team and requested for updates.

Regards,
Danilyn"

Hmmm, nice engrish

One Man.
I have a few bits & pieces on my non returnable "disappointment shelf"... (:
Old 27-06-2024, 08:01 PM   #5887
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanempire View Post
Going to Bunnings to deliver 2 pallets of goods, I arrived at 1.55pm and left Bunnings at 5.05pm.. Grrrr, oh well, getting paid by the hour so can't complain to much... There has to be a better way.

This is what I saw when I rocked up: He was unstrapping to be unloaded, the forklift op was on lunch break. Why is there only one forky?

This is what was behind me...
Consider yourself lucky you are on an hourly rate, where I work, I've seen owner drivers sitting for up to 12 hours at times to be loaded, and no, they don't get paid for it, if they do get demurrage rates, it is pittance.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM   #5888
roKWiz
Cabover nut

While I had the day off away from home, thought I would colour match some wider rear 12 slotters i bought to the existing S pac ones on the car.

So into Repco why, why did I go there ? They reckon they sold the same colours as Duplicolor (DSF 30) tins.

This is the lid sitting on my wheel. Not bad I thought, probably happy until I get the right stuff.

and painted, not remotely like their lid colour. Thanks, probably be another 3 years before I walk into another Repco.

Supercrap, can't find the colour code for Goldrush and lost the Duplicolor franchise to Autobarn/zone.

Looks like a wait until the next trip to Albury or Shepp depending on where we'll be then.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Yesterday, 09:31 PM   #5889
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
And so, another Friday, another stream of village idiots...................

This afternoon, a lady bailed me up to ask about the bare rooted roses that I was putting into stock. You know those random "conversations" that go on and on, where you simply listen and nod but don't get a word in? One of those................Did we have this variety, do we have that variety, I planted xyz-rose 15 years ago and can't find them anymore, one of my roses died this summer, show me how to prune them.......................in the end, I offered to leave her to have a look around, que: I'm done listening, to which she said that she didn't smoke, didn't drink, DIDN'T CHASE MEN AROUND, she could afford to buy lots of plants....................ok then....................

Another somewhat eccentric gentleman was in for some bare rooted trees. We picked out what he wanted before asking if I was one of my boss's father! Gee, thanks! I'm closing in on 40, but I didn't think I had weathered too badly for a 37-year-old. But apparently, I look old enough to be my 55-year-old boss's father. He then had the cheek to ask for discount. Usually, it works better when complimenting the salesman instead of insulting them.
Yep, another Friday of nitwits, today one in particular had the boss quite agitated. (This particular lady I didn't originally serve.)

In this case, the customer asked for a particular tree, was taken over and show what we have, then asked for the staff member to choose one for her, to which she clearly agreed with because she bought it.

Two days later, we get an email from her with the tree planted and secured with a flimsy bamboo stake. Her email included an image, to which she used to illustrate that the trunk is not straight, then complained that she paid $100 for it and what would we be doing to compensate for the slight bend in the trunk. (All trees have a some form of wiggle in the trunk)

Today, she phoned looking for an argument and expecting a full refund. "Sure, bring the tree back and we'll exchange or refund the price. But no, she wanted a discount because she lives 3 hours away. That was despite being told the stake was insufficient, that in general, trees typically straighten and strengthen over time. Again, this was not acceptable in her mind.

In the end, the boss told the customer that we are not in the business of allowing customers to dictate what price or discount they are going to get.

What p.ssed me off though was that she shown several to choose from, bought it, took it home, then went ahead planting and staked it, only then determining it wasn't straight. But no, apparently because "you chose it for me", that meant she was still entitled to a refund without returning the item. She made the decision to buy it, was given a reasonable explanation of how and why, offered our usual exchange/refund policy that EVERY other customer is entitled to. But no, she was entitled to "special" treatment.

It's funny, a recent addition to the team has previous experience at Bunning's. The stories I heard regarding the returns policy, warranty claims and stock leakage paints a vivid picture as to why customers are so entitled these days. The unrealistic expectations and entitlement are vastly different to when I started in retail 20 years ago.
Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM   #5890
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

* will be tuning in for next Fridays instalment.

Who complains about not having straight trees?
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Yesterday, 10:06 PM   #5891
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
* will be tuning in for next Fridays instalment.

Who complains about not having straight trees?
Its nearly always someone above the age of 50 that insists on straight trunks, usually males. That's not agism or sexism on my part, just my observation over 20+ years doing this job.
Mustang GT